14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hey guys, so I'm too anxious and I need this off my chest.

My interview was on 13th Dec. Counselor asked for more documents and asked I send back my passport too, along with the documents requested, I sent them by courier on 22nd, it was received 23rd.

Until 04th Jan 2017, is when status updated, I don't know what this means, 

I'm ugandan , I had to fly to Kenya to do my interview and I'm staying in a hotel (quite expensive, can anybody tell me how this works, how do I know it's approved?

How long will this take, any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the Off Topic forum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
3 hours ago, Desiboy88 said:

What documents were requested? Administrative Processing can take 1 to 2 week or a months..It's hard to say. My case took 2 weeks .

Hey, well they asked for a joint sponsor affidavit of support and IRS forms.

I submitted them a week later.

I think it was reviewed, I sent my passport along as well.

The frustrating part is , nothing has changed except status updated date.

I don't understand what that means

Timeline
13 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Thread is moved from the Off Topic forum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum.

Honestly, I don't understand what you mean. Explain more please

Timeline
4 hours ago, Desiboy88 said:

Status update happens few times and depending on if you have small AP which is few weeks or Big AP which lasts months, you will receive good news soon 

Thank you. This is so encouraging.

I have been drowning in anxiety.

Kenya is expensive, I'm ugandan so I have to get a hotel, it's messy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

The problem with administrative processing is that you can never know when it's going to end. I have been in administrative processing for 70 days and status updated 3 times. You can track your case status on ceac.state.gov

Timeline
2 hours ago, Debkay said:

The problem with administrative processing is that you can never know when it's going to end. I have been in administrative processing for 70 days and status updated 3 times. You can track your case status on ceac.state.gov

Omg, that's too long.

You are patient, I'm already frustrated, I called and apparently it is under review, I don't understand all these weird legal terms. It's frustrating especially if you can't do anything, they have my passport, do they have yours?

Filed: Timeline
On January 9, 2017 at 10:53 AM, Real256 said:

Omg, that's too long.

You are patient, I'm already frustrated, I called and apparently it is under review, I don't understand all these weird legal terms. It's frustrating especially if you can't do anything, they have my passport, do they have yours?

Its a good news for you since they have your passport, otherwise AP can take even more than a year depending on whats the issue. Nobody can tell when AP would be completed. Its just a guessing game....but since passport is taken from you then a good news is soon be on the way...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 1/9/2017 at 6:53 PM, Real256 said:

Omg, that's too long.

Yes they took my passport. I agree it's very frustrating not knowing what is going on.

I apologize, this is slightly off topic but I see you just recently had your interview. Did they require you submit originals for anything? Or did copies work? My fiance is heading to Kenya from Uganda as well this month. It's hard to stay in a hotel for that long! 

I hope everything worked out for you! 

• 3 weeks later...

We were on AP status after my husband interview. They said we need a joint sponsor. We submitted the requested documents and our status was change to issued from ap. Good luck to you and hopefully everything work out fr you. Keep praying good news is on your way.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.