Cecrs1985

Medical Exam Help???

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi.... so everything is set, medical exam is a week away. My fiance' is 31 years old.... Anybody know of recent cost for vaccines in Peru?

In the counselor page it says 600 soles more... but was hoping somebody can give more info regarding it and how much it cost them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Okay that helps :) 

Have you tried looking on here as this?

https://pe.usembassy.gov/

This is the Peru alternative to where people in the UK get the lists from.

Some of the vaccines are not available in certain countries, others are for when you are a baby, things like Influenza depends on the time of year (or at least it does here in the UK)

You will probably find your Fiance is better to call their doctor before hand and see if they can get vaccines there before going to the medical. Sorry not sure how it works in Peru but I got mine done before hand. 

Timeline

It seems you are right and they are not on that website unlike the UK version.

I believe the vaccines are more accustomed to the USA rather than where the beneficiary is coming from but I could be completely wrong.

I am sorry I could just see no one had responded to you or even moved the thread to your region so someone else may be able to answer it.

If the list of vaccines is the same as the UK then this is required however, some of these do not actually apply if you look at the table. Some are given as babies and some are seasonal. 

I have added a picture but not sure it will actually put this up so if not I will try something else 

Displaying IMG-20161229-WA0001.jpg

Timeline

The Varicella vaccine is not available in every country and I think you just have to tell them at the medical that you have had chicken pox before or at least that's what I had to do in the UK

Also the tetanus must be within ten years 

Timeline

also someone on VJ a while back as in a few years ago posted that they had their medical and had to have 3 shots and the cost for those 3 shots were around 300 soles 

Someone underneath this post said they had their medical and had to have all the vaccinations and the vaccines along with the cost of the medical was 1000 soles 

I would guess the cost depends on how many vaccinations you need the same way it does in the UK.

Timeline

Thanks. I do see it states its 950 for the medical alone. Which is already expensive just for a medical examination. Vaccines depends on age, etc. I am just making sure my fiance' doesn't get scammed, although it all feels like a big scam for money regarding medical. :/

Timeline

Okay. Well I guess I will wait until Monday! :)

Its her and her daughter that's like 900 dollars, was trying to get a better price but I am hoping the doctors are nice and give what is necessary only.

:D 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
4 hours ago, Cecrs1985 said:

Okay. Well I guess I will wait until Monday! :)

Its her and her daughter that's like 900 dollars, was trying to get a better price but I am hoping the doctors are nice and give what is necessary only.

:D 

In June 2016 i had my medical exam cost 650 soles or USD195 at Dr. Corigliano(kids exams is cheaper). I didn't had any vaccination records with me and because of that I had to pay for all of the, the cost was 385 soles/USD115 I know the medical exam since Oct 2016 cost 1000 soles. The vaccinations should cost the same I think.  

here some info you may need  https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/LMA%20-%20Lima.pdf

The cost of the medical exam for adults 15 and over is S/.1,050 (which includes exam and lab fees). Applicants 2 to 14 years of age pay S/. 900 (which includes exam and lab fees). Applicants newborns to 23 months of age pay S/. 450. Please pay in Peruvian Nuevo Soles on the day of the exam at the doctor’s office. The examination includes a complete physical checkup, pulmonary xray, blood test and other examinations as requested by the doctor. Please remember to wear comfortable clothing as this is a complete physical examination, which includes a genital exam. Vaccines: The vaccinations listed below must be current or the doctor must certify that the examinee is exempt for medical reasons before a visa can be issued.. The doctor will verify that vaccinations are up-to-date. Any necessary vaccinations have an additional charge. NOTE: New vaccinations must be certified by one of the doctors listed below. Please DO NOT obtain vaccinations before seeing one of our doctors

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.