Boosya

VISA denied :(

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Today my fiancee had her K1 interview in Moscow. She was denied a VISA under Section212(a)(6)©(1). The "eligible to apply for a waiver" box was not checked.

Background: last year she hired someone to make her first ever tourist visa application. This guy invented a four year job in Moscow for her, and put it on her application. She was denied for insufficient resources/ties to Russia.

When she wrote forms for our K1 Visa she used the same fake work history, thinking that consistency was more important than the truth, despite our conversation the night before about it.

Is there any was forward for us in the USA? Get married in Russia, and apply again? I-601 waiver? Some other process?

Thanks,

Discouraged fiancee

Timeline

Yes, her story details were apparently inconsistent with her Tourist interview story, also that she asked the in the Tourist interview if a Tourist or K1 Visa is faster, and the interviewer we said that she knew that my fiancee never worked in the fake job, that she could not trust any of her statements and that VISA fraud had occured because of her statements.

Lesson: don't hire "experts" who promise to procure a Tourist VISA with a fake work history. :-0

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

her denial was 6c misrepresentation, she will have to wait out a. 10 year bar. she's not eligible for a waiver as she does not have an eligible relative. I would start looking at moving there or to adifferent country together

Timeline

If we marry in Russia, and I continue to live in USA then do I become "an eligible relative?"

yes, however it may be difficult to establish extreme hardship never living together. I would do some research and consult a lawyer

however you also need to be sure that she wasn't given a lifetime ban

Edited by Transborderwife

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

This is no simple denial. As Transborder wife said, a denial for misinterpretation carries a 10-year ban.

I'm sorry, but she will not be joining you in the US any time soon.

Timeline

Working as a pilot in the USA I've been able to visit her nearly monthly, for 10-15 days at a time--so we're living together part time. :). Thank you for your help! I'm still shocked about this denial. :(. Can you recommend a good lawyer?

Timeline

Working as a pilot in the USA I've been able to visit her nearly monthly, for 10-15 days at a time--so we're living together part time. :). Thank you for your help! I'm still shocked about this denial. :(. Can you recommend a good lawyer?

right, but. that's not going to likely be considered as you've lived in the USA without her all of this time. because you miss her isn't a hardship. Try Liz's Cannon, but I wouldn't expect her getting to the USA soon.

Timeline

That's inaccurate. The night before her interview, when she was talking with me about the interview, was that first time that I learned that part of her work history was fake, and that she included it on her documents. As I mentioned in first post, I tried to encourage her to tell the truth about this misrepresentation.

Timeline

That's inaccurate. The night before her interview, when she was talking with me about the interview, was that first time that I learned that part of her work history was fake, and that she included it on her documents. As I mentioned in first post, I tried to encourage her to tell the truth about this misrepresentation.

that likely would have still given the same result

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.