mboydii

Administrative Processing @ NVC

5 posts in this topic

How can my application possibly be getting processed for over 20 days? It doesn’t take that long. And I am basing this off other people’s timelines from this website. When I call the NVC I get the rudest people on earth. I was hoping to have my interview before Christmas. Everything was going perfect until the lazy NVC got my application. It does not make any sense to me why it could possibly take this long. When you call in no one has an answer, only please be patient and we do not have an estimated time frame when your application will be complete. This is BS. I want to know if there is anyone that I can call to get things finalized.

so u got your case number already and waiting for it to go to the embassy ?

YES. I have had my case number since the 17th of Nov.

How can my application possibly be getting processed for over 20 days? It doesn’t take that long. And I am basing this off other people’s timelines from this website. When I call the NVC I get the rudest people on earth. I was hoping to have my interview before Christmas. Everything was going perfect until the lazy NVC got my application. It does not make any sense to me why it could possibly take this long. When you call in no one has an answer, only please be patient and we do not have an estimated time frame when your application will be complete. This is BS. I want to know if there is anyone that I can call to get things finalized.

When you call NVC, ask directly if you are in AP. We had our NOA2 November 18 2008, and were in AP for almost 8 weeks. Didn't get sent to AKL until January 10 2009. We missed Christmas that year as well, and I didn't travel until March.

They aren't lazy, they are doing their job. Some cases get pulled out of the queue for extra scrutiny, yours may be one of those. IF you are in AP, all you can do is wait. AP cannot be expedited, a supervisor cannot do that, and neither can a senator. Nothing expedites AP.

If you call and are told you are in AP, here is an entire thread about it.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/436021-stuck-nvc-for-ap-part-ii/

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.