Stelare

Do I need to carry my duplicate petition to the POE? Is it worth keeping?

2 posts in this topic

Had my interview in Sydney last week and was approved, received my passport and visa documents today. I leave in 2 weeks.

Do I need to carry the duplicate petition + interview documents with me? Should I keep them?

I would be putting them in my checked luggage.

They take up a lot of space and are ridiculously heavy, and my suitcases are already about to explode. There's two folders of paperwork from both the initial petition and then my interview documents.

I could always mail them but that's extra money and I don't trust Australia Post all too much, but I know that I could use something like DHL if necessary.

Edited by Stelare

K1 and AOS/EAD/AP

Spoiler

K1

19th July 2016 -- K1 Petition sent to TX Lockbox

27th July 2016 -- NOA1 Received

7th September 2016 -- NOA2 Received

27th September 2016 -- Sydney Consulate Received

6th October 2016 -- Packet 4 Received

29th November 2016 -- Interview Date

29th November 2016 -- Approved at interview

5th December 2016 -- Visa Package Received

16th December 2016 -- Entered US on K1 (PoE San Francisco)

23rd December 2016 -- Married!

AOS/EAD/AP

8th March 2017 -- Filed AoS, EAD, AP

18th March 2017 -- NOA1 for AoS, EAD, AP

1st August 2017 - Email notification that GC has been mailed
18th August 2017 - Mailed GC back after name error (Maiden name instead of married name), USCIS error, filed with I-90 Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card

GC Replacement

Spoiler

18th August 2017 - Mailed GC back after name error (Maiden name instead of married name), USCIS error, filed with I-90 Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card
3rd August 2018 - I-90 Form Approved.

7th August 2018 - Replacement card produced.

Replacement card sent to wrong address!
12th October 2018 - Replacement card received!

RoC

6th May 2019 - Mailed off I-751 RoC

14th May 2019 - Text notification case received

17th May 2019 - 18 month extension letter received
2nd December 2019 - Biometrics Appt
1st October 2020 - Case transferred to NBC
5th March 2021 - Case updated to notify that interview has been scheduled

N-400

30th September 2020 - Application filed online
30th September 2020 - Notice of received application (notice date)
5th March 2021 - Case updated to notify that interview has been scheduled

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Scan them and store them online. The sealed envelope you are carrying has all the information CPB and USCIS will need. Don't burden yourself with papers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.