kiranharmony

Does my spouse have to attend IR-1/ CR-1 IV at Port of Spain, Trinidad Embassy

10 posts in this topic

Hi, I got my IV letter for IR1/CR1 on the 7th Dec 2016. On the letter, in the section ' INTERVIEW DATE AND TIME ' only my name ( Beneficiary ) is listed. And also stated below ' Petitioners are not required -- and at some locations, may not be allowed -- to attend the applicant's visa interview '

Can someone please give me some feedback into this issue. Simply because it seems far fetched that the consular officer will just IV me to determine a bona fide marriage.

Also if anyone from Trinidad has IVed at Port of Spain Embassy and can give me some advice I would be eternally grateful.

Thank you

*~*~*country-specific question moved from "CR-1 spouse visa process and procedures" to Caribbean sub-forum*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

• 4 weeks later...

Only the Benificiary is allowed to enter the immigration Center,to have the interview, walk with your evidence and don't be worried they are very straight forward and they ask you common questions check my profile for more info .

`

CR-1

PETITION FILED I-130 : DECEMBER 09 2015

I-130 APPROVED : APRIL 18 2016

NVC RECEIVED PETITION : MAY 16 2016

PAID AOS : MAY 20 2016

IV FEES : MAY 25 2016

SENT PACKAGES TO NVC : MAY 25 2016

CASE COMPLETE : JUNE 27 2016

MEDICAL APPOINTMENT :AUGUST 15 2016

INTERVIEW DATE / VISA APPROVED : AUGUST 26 2016 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

VISAS IN HAND, GREEN CARD FEES PAID :SEPTEMBER 06-2016
PORT OF ENTRY :ORLANDO INTL AIRPORT: SEPTEMBER-09-2016
GREEN CARD RECEIVED :OCTOBER 28TH 2016 (CR-1) 48 days
FILING REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 12 JUNE 2018

• 2 weeks later...

My husband is getting ready to go through the interview process, so from i'm understanding I wont be able to enter the embassy with him correct? Just seeing if its worth me even flying out for the interview. Also do they focus on the income being a bit lower? can he be denied for this

My husband is getting ready to go through the interview process, so from i'm understanding I wont be able to enter the embassy with him correct? Just seeing if its worth me even flying out for the interview. Also do they focus on the income being a bit lower? can he be denied for this

Hi, m spouse did not fl out for m IV. I was a little worried, however only my name was on the letter to be IVed. Also the IVer did not ask me whether my spouse was here or not, and if he did, I would have simply explained that it was considered but because of the xmas season the price of a ticket was too high.

I do not know about the income part, maybe a more experienced member may be able to help

Thank you, i had my IV yesterday. I was IVed alone and I was successful :)

Congratulations so happy for you guys ....

`

CR-1

PETITION FILED I-130 : DECEMBER 09 2015

I-130 APPROVED : APRIL 18 2016

NVC RECEIVED PETITION : MAY 16 2016

PAID AOS : MAY 20 2016

IV FEES : MAY 25 2016

SENT PACKAGES TO NVC : MAY 25 2016

CASE COMPLETE : JUNE 27 2016

MEDICAL APPOINTMENT :AUGUST 15 2016

INTERVIEW DATE / VISA APPROVED : AUGUST 26 2016 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

VISAS IN HAND, GREEN CARD FEES PAID :SEPTEMBER 06-2016
PORT OF ENTRY :ORLANDO INTL AIRPORT: SEPTEMBER-09-2016
GREEN CARD RECEIVED :OCTOBER 28TH 2016 (CR-1) 48 days
FILING REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 12 JUNE 2018

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 12/22/2016 at 0:13 PM, SMAlexander said:

As long as the income is within the amount for your household re the poverty guidelines you will not get denied for that.

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

10 hours ago, Keas said:

As long as the income is within the amount for your household re the poverty guidelines you will not get denied for that.

Thank you for this info.  According to my last check stub I miss it by 880, so can that be made up with money in the bank? or me showing them that I get an extra 300 a month for child support?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.