Lisbeth

US New President- Diversity Visa

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Dear All,

Taking in consideration that one of the political promises of Donald Trump was to fight against immigrant, my question is straight forward.

Is this program still valid? I already got the visa but I have not travelled yet to USA to activate the green card or change my status to Lawful permanent resident.

Does any body say something about this?

I know it is very recent but I have no idea it this process will be affected and the US Government will add restrictions to those who got the diversity visa.

Thanks.

Lisbeth

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

first of all, he won't go into office until January, he is the President elect, but he will be sworn as President and start office in January

secondly, there are no immediate changes, so relax, you have your visa, enter the country before the visa expires

You're immigrating through legal channels. You're immigrating the proper way, so welcome to the U.S. :)

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Filed: Other Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Dear All,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am currently living in England, as I also have an European Citizenship. After the Brexit everything is Uncertain with Europeans over here.

Here in UK, for the non-European there is a minimum wage required to keep the permanent residency of 35 K GBP. Is there anything like that in US linked to the diversity visa??

Thanks again!

Lisbeth

Hi Lisbeth,

Can you please post in standard font, that was very hard to read especially on a mobile device.

Once you enter with your immigrant visa you have a green card. There is no minimum required other than what keeps you from becoming a public charge. As long as you can support yourself and don't commit any crimes, you will be fine.

Edited by SusieQQQ

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Dear All,

Taking in consideration that one of the political promises of Donald Trump was to fight against immigrant, my question is straight forward.

Is this program still valid? I already got the visa but I have not travelled yet to USA to activate the green card or change my status to Lawful permanent resident.

Does any body say something about this?

I know it is very recent but I have no idea it this process will be affected and the US Government will add restrictions to those who got the diversity visa.

Thanks.

Lisbeth

President Trump hasn't said that he will fight immigration. He simply wants people to do it legally.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Mod note: we have a Megathread for what the Trump Presidency may mean for visas here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/616230-megathread-what-does-a-trump-presidency-mean-for-visas-merged/ Feel free to take this discussion over there, but to avoid too many threads on the issue, this one is now ;locked *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.