MrsBoateng29

Police Reports

50 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Yes, but since the UAE requires that a person be physically present in the country to issue the police certificate, most consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain the UAE police record if a person isn't living there.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/AE.html

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes. Anywhere a person over the age of 16 has lived at for more than 6 months, a police report is needed.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok - various people offer various stats and thoughts - but this is taken DIRECTLY FROM USCIS:

From which countries does an applicant need a police certificate?

IF the applicant…

1) ...is living in their country of nationality at their current residence for more than 6 months AND is 16 years old or older THEN obtain the clearance from the police authorities of that locality.

2) ...lived in a different part of their country of nationality for more than 6 months AND was 16 years or older at that time THEN obtain the clearance from the police authorities of that locality.

3) ...lived in a different country for more than 12 months AND was 16 years or older at that time THEN obtain the clearance from the police authorities of that locality.

4) ...was arrested for any reason, regardless of how long they lived there AND was any age at that time THEN obtain the clearance from the police authorities of that locality.

SO IN THIS INSTANCE - you (or your fiance) is a resident of the GHANA - but has lived in UAE (Dubai) for 24 months - I believe condition number 3 (third line) applies to you:

..lived in a different country for more than 12 months AND was 16 years or older at that time THEN obtain the clearance from the police authorities of that locality.

HOWEVER - UAE is one of those regions that you cannot get the police report from unless you are LIVING THERE - therefore you are waived this requirement ONLY FROM UAE based countries. If he lived any other country for longer than 12 months - then line 3 does apply again for that location.

ALSO - Line 1 applies to him due to living in Ghana because he is:

is living in their country of nationality at their current residence for more than 6 months AND is 16 years old or older THEN obtain the clearance from the police authorities of that locality.

So NO police clearance from UAE - but you will need one for GHANA.

Edited by jstryker

K1 VISA
10/23/16....I-129F FEDEX 2nd day to Lewisville, TX
10/26/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/28/16....NOA1 Text and Email

10/28/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/04/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

w..a...i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

11/22/16....NOA2 Text Only

11/22/16....NOA2 Approval Date - no email yet
11/28/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

w..a..i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

12/06/16....Called NVC - No case yet (15 days after NOA2)

12/12/16....Called NVC - I-129F Received - no case number yet.

12/13/16....Case Number Received

12/15/16....Case status set as "In Transit"  to US Embassy in Manilla, PH

12/19/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

12/19/16....Emailed NVC asking for case information as it was never received (I know its too early - Just Do It Anyway)

xx/xx/xx......Never Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC (STILL MISSING GRRRRR)

01/03/17....NVC replied to email providing NVC letter and info

01/04/17....Medical Completed

01/04/17....Fedex I-134 (wet signature) and all documents needed from petitioner for CFO and for the USEM interview (employment, divorce decree, etc...)
02/08/17....Interview 
02/09/17....Visa Issued

02/15/17....Visa In Hand :jest:

02/17/17....CFO Interview, Yellow sticker in hand

03/07/17....POE - San Francisco, CA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thank you SO much! It was super informative & helpful!

Yes, but since the UAE requires that a person be physically present in the country to issue the police certificate, most consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain the UAE police record if a person isn't living there.

Timeline

So NO police clearance from UAE - but you will need one for GHANA

Thanks! I really appreciate the detailed knowledge! Very helpful!

Ok - various people offer various stats and thoughts - but this is taken DIRECTLY FROM USCIS:

From which countries does an applicant need a police certificate?

IF the applicant…

1) ...is living in their country of nationality at their current residence for more than 6 months AND is 16 years old or older THEN obtain the clearance from the police authorities of that locality.

2) ...lived in a different part of their country of nationality for more than 6 months AND was 16 years or older at that time THEN obtain the clearance from the police authorities of that locality.

3) ...lived in a different country for more than 12 months AND was 16 years or older at that time THEN obtain the clearance from the police authorities of that locality.

4) ...was arrested for any reason, regardless of how long they lived there AND was any age at that time THEN obtain the clearance from the police authorities of that locality.

SO IN THIS INSTANCE - you (or your fiance) is a resident of the GHANA - but has lived in UAE (Dubai) for 24 months - I believe condition number 3 (third line) applies to you:

..lived in a different country for more than 12 months AND was 16 years or older at that time THEN obtain the clearance from the police authorities of that locality.

HOWEVER - UAE is one of those regions that you cannot get the police report from unless you are LIVING THERE - therefore you are waived this requirement ONLY FROM UAE based countries. If he lived any other country for longer than 12 months - then line 3 does apply again for that location.

ALSO - Line 1 applies to him due to living in Ghana because he is:

is living in their country of nationality at their current residence for more than 6 months AND is 16 years old or older THEN obtain the clearance from the police authorities of that locality.

So NO police clearance from UAE - but you will need one for GHANA.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

here's info straight from the reciprocity page on the dept of state website. Looks like the "Post recommends that consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain police certificates unless the applicant lives in the UAE."

Police, Court, Prison Records
Police Records

Available, only if applicant is physically present in the UAE.

Police certificates may be obtained by any person, regardless of nationality, by personally appearing at the Central Police Headquarters located in the emirate of residence or former residence. When appearing to request a police certificate, the applicant should provide recent photographs, a letter from the requesting authority, the date of residence in the emirate, and their passport.

Not available by mail. Post recommends that consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain police certificates unless the applicant lives in the UAE.

Prison Records

Unavailable.

Timeline

Awesome! Thanks a bunch!

here's info straight from the reciprocity page on the dept of state website. Looks like the "Post recommends that consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain police certificates unless the applicant lives in the UAE."

Police, Court, Prison Records
Police Records

Police certificates may be obtained by any person, regardless of nationality, by personally appearing at the Central Police Headquarters located in the emirate of residence or former residence. When appearing to request a police certificate, the applicant should provide recent photographs, a letter from the requesting authority, the date of residence in the emirate, and their passport.

Not available by mail. Post recommends that consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain police certificates unless the applicant lives in the UAE.

Prison Records

Unavailable.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

So NO police clearance from UAE - but you will need one for GHANA

Thanks! I really appreciate the detailed knowledge! Very helpful!

No, you NEED to get one from Dubai, your husband lived there for more than 12 months.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

No, you NEED to get one from Dubai, your husband lived there for more than 12 months.

I would think so too.... HOWEVER...

Police Records

The OP does not claim that his/her fiance currently lives in UAE - therefore the requirement is waived.

Origin of the information is here:

Click on the left column: Police/Criminal records or something like that.

Edited by jstryker

K1 VISA

12/19/16....Emailed NVC asking for case information as it was never received (I know its too early - Just Do It Anyway)

xx/xx/xx......Never Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC (STILL MISSING GRRRRR)

01/04/17....Fedex I-134 (wet signature) and all documents needed from petitioner for CFO and for the USEM interview (employment, divorce decree, etc...)
02/08/17....Interview 
02/09/17....Visa Issued

Timeline

Even if there are sites saying you cannot get one unless you are living there?

Did your fiance previously live in Dubai?

Timeline

I believe the one who posted that is just helping you to be extra cautious. If you are waiting for an approval - it cant help to have all the reports that can help you along your way if you need them or not.

In this case - you cannot obtain one since your fiance is not living in UAE - therefore its impossible for him to get one unless he flies back to live there. Therefore the requirement - according to the State dept - is waived.

My fiance is in the same boat - she is a Philippine national and worked in Dubai and Macau - both for longer than 12 months. Since she lived in "another country for longer than 12 months"... she is required for those Police Clearances. HOWEVER because one of the countries is Dubai which is part of UAE - the requirement for that country is WAIVED. For Macau - we had to obtain one. There is no waiver for Macau.

Therefore - you only need the police clearance from GHANA (his home country) where he lived for 6 months or longer as well as any other country that you may not have mentioned where he lived for 12 months or longer. (OUTSIDE THE UAE) LOL

Edited by jstryker

K1 VISA

02/08/17....Interview 
02/09/17....Visa Issued

Timeline

One more thing... when you DO get your police report FOR GHANA - make sure its translated into English. I dont know what the police clearances look like from Ghana. I have close family friends who are from Ghana and I have been meaning to ask them that.

We obtained a clearance for my fiance from Macau - and they are aware of the language requirements - it came in 3 pages - one in English, one in Cantonese, one in Portuguese so there was no need to translate it as the target language for U.S. immigration is English.

Me being the SMARTa55 that I am - I front loaded copies of it into the I129F peition ALL THREE PAGES. Its not necessary to have it until later in the visa chasing process... but front-loading your petition is what some people recommend doing. If they (USCIS) dont want it they will simply discard it. Others have gone thru the process and were not asked for it later Im assuming because they front loaded it.

K1 VISA

02/08/17....Interview 
02/09/17....Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Gotcha!..So if your fiance is no longer there then you only need for just Ghana. But please check the forum for UAE nationals to see what they also say.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.