15 posts in this topic

Me and my wife got married in 2014 and we filled for a K1 petition but I was denied for the Visa and CO gave me 221(g) letter. My wife came to Ghana and we spend time together and she left back to the states and made a lawyer help us with the CR1 petition. Just last week I was been denied again and CO looked inside my face and said I married my wife because I want to immigrate to the states so she will return my case for it to be cancelled . Ghanaian must get together and do something because we don't have to accept some decisions they make especially when you met you spouse online. If you marry someone when she first visit it's a red flag it makes no sense. But we have tried a K1 and CR1 and now don't know what to do next. It hurt that people who are in love the embassy makes distance come between them. I told the CO God will ask her because of this decision she made. I don't know if we have chances to reapply again or we should wait and Appeal. Which one will help our case better for us to start a new life together. Because we not giving up even though time and money is always wasted. Ghanaians we can stand up for this to stop. People who got denied for no reason we can go to TV stations and FM station and make complain for some change .. We cannot always accept somethings while other countries are been approved even if they met their spouse online or they married the first time they saw each other.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hey, I can understand where you are right now and my heart bleeds for you. There are a few things i would like to bring to your attention. Firstly, you mentioned you and your wife got married in 2014 and filled for a K1 visa which you got denied. If you were married, your shouldnt have applied for a K1 visa then as a K1 visa is not meant for married couples. I went through this whole process and i totally know how it feels and how frustrating this could all be. One thing you need to realise tho, is that, when you go in for an interview with a CO at the embassy, they are not just going to grant everyone an immigrant visa. The honors lie on you as the applicant to do all your due dilligence in not only compiling documentary evidence, but also, preparing thoroughly for the whole interview process, because its upto you the applicant to convince the Co as to the validity and or legitimacy of your marriage and also your genuine intentions. There are people from Ghana who have met their spouses online and got their immigrant visas and there are others who havent. Its all about how you convince the CO beyond all reasonable doubt that you deserve or merit the immigrant visa. Whilst its a right for your US citizen spouse to file for a foreign spouse, its certainly not a right for an immigrant spouse to be granted an immigrant visa to the United States, its a privillage extented to the foreign spouse by virtue of marriage to a United states citizen. Your whole interview questions and answers as well as all your documentary evidence when sent back would be reviewed. my thoughts to you is to not give up, persist and apply again and do all your due dilligence, gather more proof of marriage, prepare for every likely question scenario for your next interview, stay calm and convince the CO, to curse the CO is derogattory for your records and also going on Tv and Fm stations would make no difference at all and would be a total waste of your time. Its not a group thing. Every case is judge uniquely on its own circumstances and merits and ofcourse sometimes the CO's get it wrong, but within the confines of their work and by their discretion.Try again and do everything better this time around,you would eventually get it if you do all the right things. Channel all the negative energy and focus on leaving no doubts on your next application.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Hey, I can understand where you are right now and my heart bleeds for you. There are a few things i would like to bring to your attention. Firstly, you mentioned you and your wife got married in 2014 and filled for a K1 visa which you got denied. If you were married, your shouldnt have applied for a K1 visa then as a K1 visa is not meant for married couples. I went through this whole process and i totally know how it feels and how frustrating this could all be. One thing you need to realise tho, is that, when you go in for an interview with a CO at the embassy, they are not just going to grant everyone an immigrant visa. The honors lie on you as the applicant to do all your due dilligence in not only compiling documentary evidence, but also, preparing thoroughly for the whole interview process, because its upto you the applicant to convince the Co as to the validity and or legitimacy of your marriage and also your genuine intentions. There are people from Ghana who have met their spouses online and got their immigrant visas and there are others who havent. Its all about how you convince the CO beyond all reasonable doubt that you deserve or merit the immigrant visa. Whilst its a right for your US citizen spouse to file for a foreign spouse, its certainly not a right for an immigrant spouse to be granted an immigrant visa to the United States, its a privillage extented to the foreign spouse by virtue of marriage to a United states citizen. Your whole interview questions and answers as well as all your documentary evidence when sent back would be reviewed. my thoughts to you is to not give up, persist and apply again and do all your due dilligence, gather more proof of marriage, prepare for every likely question scenario for your next interview, stay calm and convince the CO, to curse the CO is derogattory for your records and also going on Tv and Fm stations would make no difference at all and would be a total waste of your time. Its not a group thing. Every case is judge uniquely on its own circumstances and merits and ofcourse sometimes the CO's get it wrong, but within the confines of their work and by their discretion.Try again and do everything better this time around,you would eventually get it if you do all the right things. Channel all the negative energy and focus on leaving no doubts on your next application.

my spouse was denied crl I know we have to wait for a noir/noid but the painful thing to me is will we get a 2nd chance to have a visa I mean I know if its reaffirmed you can get second interview but still no guarantee of a visa. Has there been cases you know of that have gotten visa on 2nd interview

Timeline

my spouse was denied crl I know we have to wait for a noir/noid but the painful thing to me is will we get a 2nd chance to have a visa I mean I know if its reaffirmed you can get second interview but still no guarantee of a visa. Has there been cases you know of that have gotten visa on 2nd interview

I know of people who have had their CR1 visa's on the second and third tries. I think unless your spouse has a ban from entering the USA(which sometimes has a waiver), there is always a chance of turning things around if you address the initial refusal reason and also by using all that time of separation and waiting for preparation. Prep with your spouse before he/she goes in for the next interview because looking at things from the CO's point of view, documentary evidence alone is mostly not enough so you have to convince them.

Timeline

How will they know if they are banned even he was denied he was given 221g that said case will be retuned. What are wavier for can he get a waiver to reverse denied status thanks fur your reply I was going to see my senator to asked if they could give second interview before sending case back people post Ghana don't give second interview but God is able

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The process for a returned CR/IR petition is :

1. Embassy sends petition to USCIS with recommendation to review or revoke.

2. USCIS sends a NOID/NOIR letter to petitioner listing the reason(s) why the visa was refused.

3. Petitioner has 30 days for a response rebuttal.

4. USCIS if satisfied with the response rebuttal and relevant evidence, re affirms petition and sends it again to the embassy with recommendation to approve the visa.

5. Embassy interviews beneficiary a second time.

The bad news is this entire process can take 12-18 months, some less some more.

Filing another petition with the previous one being still very much alive will cause more problems, you pay again and probably end up

with the same result of refusal and return.

Wait out the process, visit more, gather more relationship evidence, ask your spouse for the exact and detailed questions

and answers during the interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

How will they know if they are banned even he was denied he was given 221g that said case will be retuned. What are wavier for can he get a waiver to reverse denied status thanks fur your reply I was going to see my senator to asked if they could give second interview before sending case back people post Ghana don't give second interview but God is able

If you are given a ban or denied for a waiverable inadmissibility the embassy gives you a paper stating as such.

Well the CO asked me How did we met and I told her we met on a dating App. She asked me about her work and I did answer. She asked me the first time I met my wife and I asked her in person? I answered that question as well. She asked if she is the only person who have been to Ghana and I said yes. She asked me where did she get money to come all the way from Arizona to Ghana. I told her she works. She also asked why did we not Highed a lawyer in AZ but we highed a lawyer in Connecticut? She also asked if I do speak to the lawyer and I said Yes. CO told me why should I be talking to the lawyer because I am not the petioner. I told CO a times I call to check up on our case . She stated my wife did not add her 2015 tax returns . But because she sent me some of it I told her am having it here but the one I had was only up to 2014. She asked me what I do for a living and I answered. She also asked me if I have travelled before and I answered. She also said my wife got to Ghana and we did married in 3 days. I told her we have already gotten to know each other and there was a good chemistry.. we had a traditional ceremony and she told me there was not pictures of it. But I told her to look through my photo album and she did. She asked me where did I print this chat logs meaning Facebook,FaceTime,Skype,IMO,Viber ,WhattApp, .. I told her in my hood and she asked again where and I told her a cyber cafe .. she asked me how much they charged me and I told her it only costed me 50 Cedis. She even said that is a lot of money. Then she looked into my face saying she cannot approve my case because she thinks I married my wife because I want to Immigrate to the states so she will send my case back for it to be cancelled. I told her what again is it they want us to do. Does she knows how it feels like not be close to your wife. If she been married before she will know how it feels like. She was telling me before she called me she have gone through every evidence that is why I have been sitting for long. But there was a Man CO issuing Spouse visa that day. But anyone who goes to the woman came back not happy. I told her did she even looked at all the album. She was just making fun of me going through like she cares .. So this was my experience.

Letter CO gave to me.

Dear Petitioner

We are unable to issue a Visa in the above mentioned case because the applicant have been found ineligible under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). This section prohibits the insurance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the INA or regulations issued pursuant thereto.

We will return the above case files to the National Visa Center (NVC), which will then transfer the case to the United States Citizenship &a Immigration Service (USCIS) office that originally processed the subject petitions.. The USCIS office will contact you as soon as they receive your petition. Please do not contact this embassy regarding this case . As it may take up to six months for the case to be forwarded, please do. It contact the USCIS until you have received notification from them or the appropriate amount of time has elapsed.

I have brought everything out because I want you all to know what happened. And will be greatful to get good ideas to overcome this and be with my wife because it hurt. And we don't even trust the embassy again. We don't know what to expect from

Them the next time. Always spending money and doing medicals ..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed for asking for off site communication.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Me and my wife got married in 2014 and we filled for a K1 petition but I was denied for the Visa and CO gave me 221(g) letter. My wife came to Ghana and we spend time together and she left back to the states and made a lawyer help us with the CR1 petition. Just last week I was been denied again and CO looked inside my face and said I married my wife because I want to immigrate to the states so she will return my case for it to be cancelled . Ghanaian must get together and do something because we don't have to accept some decisions they make especially when you met you spouse online. If you marry someone when she first visit it's a red flag it makes no sense. But we have tried a K1 and CR1 and now don't know what to do next. It hurt that people who are in love the embassy makes distance come between them. I told the CO God will ask her because of this decision she made. I don't know if we have chances to reapply again or we should wait and Appeal. Which one will help our case better for us to start a new life together. Because we not giving up even though time and money is always wasted. Ghanaians we can stand up for this to stop. People who got denied for no reason we can go to TV stations and FM station and make complain for some change .. We cannot always accept somethings while other countries are been approved even if they met their spouse online or they married the first time they saw each other.

So sorry for your denial but I would like to ask what TV and radio station? In Ghana? You think going to a Ghanaian station and complain how the US Immigration process is would help your cause?

Going to an American station do you think anyone but you would even care? That's not the outlet to take.

Look at the issues you have had two denials. Something is there they think. All you can do is wait for the NOID letter.

I have known of denials due to what others said when field agents went out and asked around. Friends not knowing they were married. Family not liking the woman and saying he has girlfriends. So many factors come in to play.

Lack of visits or for Ghana too many visits have got denials. No Ghana isn't perfect but look at the questions, and if you have red flags and address them now while you wait the 12 to 18 months for your letter from USCIS.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Well I don't know if we got married the first time she came was the reason. It hurt so much to be married for 3 years and not have your wife living with you. But it's only God who have the answer he is the only one who can make things possible. Nothing can be done unless I just look up to God .. I have been so sad thinking that I need to wait another 12-18 months without staying with wife.

Timeline

Does it show visa denied on your CEAC??

No it states that my is Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act.

My husband said that he just got the 221g paper and the co said he was returning the case he did not say he was banned nor did he say he can apply for any waiver so Im waiting to see what the reason is mean while im going to see my senator just in case a Miracle happen by God to turn the hearts of the embassy. My faith is what keeping me now.

Well it's hard to decide because I don't even know what me and my wife will do next. It's only God who can change things it does not matter what the Consular decided. But I believe God can touch their heart and they will call to bring passport for visa to be issued.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.