Cillio

Sworn affidavit

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Do these need to be typed or hand written? And may i sign on behalf of the person who is giving me permission? My mom works at a lawfirm and she said I can sign on their behalf. Also, does my husband need to have afadavits from his fsmily too? I am the petitioner he is the beneficiary.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Affadavits count for practically nothing, because the CO assumed of course your friends and family will write them.

If you insist on including the,, typed is fine but original signatures are needed (do NOT forge anyone's signature, even with their permission), and include contatc details- address and phone number/ email).

Concentrate instead of proving that you and your husband communicate (phone bills, emails etc), and that you have seen eachother (hotel receipts, plane tickets, photos- photos with eachother's families are good here).

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

you dont need them, unless they ask for them

• Got Married: July 25, 2015 (L)

• Sent I-130: August 23, 2016

I-130: Approved! wohoo! February 17, 2016

NVC Received: March 07, 2016

Sent IV Package : March 28, 2016 We got a checked list :ranting: - NVC lost English translated police certificate :protest: wuah! delayed us 1 month!

Received Instruction and interview appointment letter- June 29, 2016

Interview in Cairo August 29, 2016 :idea: - Interview went well, Approved :) wohoo!!!! *I (petitioner) attended interview with my husband. Overall interview went well, (with the help of this forum) questions asked to me When did I arrive Egypt? How many times have I visited? Do I live in Egypt? Questions asked to my husband Where did we meet? How did we connect?(this is what she asked, i guess she meant how did we stay in touch) Did we have a wedding?

Visa ready August 31, 2016.

Habibi (L) Received VISA September 08, 2016 :dancing:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I included them, typed, with the person's signature signed on the page (not me signing for them). Included 2 for my side, 2 for his side. My thinking is, maybe it is not "necessary" but it can't hurt, so why not include them along with other evidence.

CR1 / CR2 Visa:

(Day 1) 12/16/11: I-130 Application sent

(Day 283) 09/24/12: Interview at US Consulate – Approved!

(Day 287) 09/28/12: Visa Received & Immediately entered US using Visa

(Day 290) 10/01/12: Social Security Card sent automatically

Removal of Conditions CR1 / CR2
(Day 1) 07/28/14: Application sent.
(Day 135) 12/10/14: ROC Approved!
(Day 143) 12/18/14: 10 year GC received (IR1 / IR2)

Naturalization:
(Day 1) 06/30/15: Application sent.
(Day 210) 01/26/16: Interview and Oath Ceremony. DONE!

***Son and I became US Citizens 01/26/16***

(Day 1) 01/27/16: Applied for my U.S. Passport
(Day 14) 02/10/16: Passport Book & Cert of Naturalization received

(Day 1) 03/16/16: Applied for U.S. Passport for son

(Day 22) 04/07/16: Passport book and original docs received...(Card rec'd 04/16/16)

N-600 for child age 9
(Day 1) 01/27/16: Application sent

(Day 12) 02/08/16: NOA received

(Day 23) 02/19/16: Case received at local office

(Day 88) 04/23/16: In line for oath scheduling *Called USCIS to inquire about why there is an oath required for a child under 14. They sent a service request to the field office.

(Day 95) 04/30/16: Received letter from field office to say no oath necessary and that they would mail the certificate.
(Day 106) 05/11/16: Cert of Citizenship received by registered mail (they never sent tracking. case status was never updated either)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I think calling sworn affidavits totally worthless is a bit extreme (it is listed as one of the accepted types of evidence on the I-130 form), but Penguin_ie is right, that you'd want to supplement Sworn affidavits with other types of evidence and NOT include it as the sole evidence. In general, a successful I-130 application has multiple types of evidence. Now onto your questions --

Do these need to be typed or hand written?

Typed is preferred just so that the letter is easy to read. Obviously, each letter needs to be signed by the respective individual.

And may i sign on behalf of the person who is giving me permission? My mom works at a lawfirm and she said I can sign on their behalf.

Absolutely not. This is fraud. Your mom is incorrect.

Also, does my husband need to have afadavits from his fsmily too? I am the petitioner he is the beneficiary.

The rough advice I've seen regarding affidavits is to always have an even number. You want ones from relatives/friends on your side and relatives/friends on your husband's side. Make sure each letter includes the required pieces of information including, (i) the complete name of the individual, (ii) their address, and (iii) their relation to either you or your husband.

Edited by agripa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.