can my uncle stand as a joint sponsor for me

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your prompt

response. at this point I would like to ask

another question , i would like to know if my

uncle who is a usa citizen, who also resides

in the States can be a joint sponsor for me.

my wife's annual income is not up to the

minimum income requirement to sponsor me

for my immigrant visa. please house can my

uncle who can meet up the minimum

income requirement be a joint sponsor

.thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, he can

but i always wonder if someone can not meet the minimum , how and who will support the new immigrant? no answer needed just think about this as there are so many expenses you will incur

the travel here

additional travel to fulfill the 2 year "You need to see the person before the interview" (if needed)

the person's travel there

the AOS

the person's health insurance, etc

this is not a cheap process so make sure you can afford it / this is a major decision is life and unfrountely many marriages have trouble because of money

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Yes, he can

but i always wonder if someone can not meet the minimum , how and who will support the new immigrant? no answer needed just think about this as there are so many expenses you will incur

the travel here

additional travel to fulfill the 2 year "You need to see the person before the interview" (if needed)

the person's travel there

the AOS

the person's health insurance, etc

this is not a cheap process so make sure you can afford it / this is a major decision is life and unfrountely many marriages have trouble because of money

Maybe the beneficiary payed all that him/herself or just had a savings they bring with them to cover the cost.

Never understood why people always think it's only the USC who pays it all.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good evening everyone, I have 2 important questions to ask, and its pertaining to some portions that I need to fill out from the i864 form,PART 5, of the form, the part which says that I should add together my house hold size, and enter the number here,my family size is 3, which includes me, my wife, and a dependent child, but each time I add up, it keeps giving me 4. I wrote 1,on the part where it says provide the number you entered in part 3 item number 28, I also wrote 1, where it says if you are currently married enter 1,I also typed 1,where it says if you have dependent children, but when I calculate it together, its suppose to be 3 household size, but the result its showing is 4, which I know is wrong. Secondly on the form, it does not allow comma, or full stop wherever there are figures, and I need to put the income my wife earns in a year, but its looking like something else to me, since dots, and commas are not allowed to be used.my wife earns about 19,555,60.(Nineteen thousand five hundred and fifty five dollars and sixty) But it won't allow me type it in like that, and when I decided to leave out the comma, this is how it looks, 1955560 and to me its looking like a diffrent figure from what is reported on the irs tax income.please I need your urgent response on this. I thank you in anticipation of your positive response.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.