45 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I came to the USA on a Fiance visa K1 , I got married to the petitioner and I discovered that she is sick and has a PTSD and was shouting all day long and made my life hell and threatened me with killing me ! So got seprated and our application got rejected at that time too cus she did not do anything under my name and no papers together at all cus she is paraniod !! I applied for a self perition based on abuse ( petition for Amerasian ) and they said no enough evidences of the abuse cus most the evidences are text messages and emails with the threats ! And they do not give it alot of wirght in my case !! Most of the abuse was mental abuse and aproced this by Therapist report but it seems still not enough !! Not sure what to do and what are my options to stay here and be legal without flying out USA if they refuse it in the next few days ?? I appreciate your help !!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you still care about your wife and would prefer to get her help, rather than give up on her, I can tell you with 99%certainty that you should get her to a therapist who can do EMDR on her. EMDR can completely cure PTSD in just a few sessions.... No lie. My mother is a therapist in the army, so she deals with PTSD every day. She's even had clients who have been cured of it in just 1 session.

I'm sure it's awful to deal with her right now, but know that it doesn't have to permanently be this way. I hope this helps and good luck!!

As far as I know, if you continue to remain in the US after your denial date, you are accumulating what's known as days of unlawful presence. You're out of status. Are there any other reasons why you want to stay in America? In cases like denials, it's better to hire an attorney as I believe but I'm not sure what can keep you here if your wife won't sponsor you.

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

I came to the USA on a Fiance visa K1 , I got married to the petitioner and I discovered that she is sick and has a PTSD and was shouting all day long and made my life hell and threatened me with killing me ! So got seprated and our application got rejected at that time too cus she did not do anything under my name and no papers together at all cus she is paraniod !! I applied for a self perition based on abuse ( petition for Amerasian ) and they said no enough evidences of the abuse cus most the evidences are text messages and emails with the threats ! And they do not give it alot of wirght in my case !! Most of the abuse was mental abuse and aproced this by Therapist report but it seems still not enough !! Not sure what to do and what are my options to stay here and be legal without flying out USA if they refuse it in the next few days ?? I appreciate your help !!

You have to convince USCIS that your marriage was genuine, that you entered the US genuinely intending to get married and stay married.

How long were you together before coming to US on K1? How long were you married before separating?

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

Timeline

Thank you for helping but dealing with her or getting back to her is not an option ! She destroyed my life and I tried my best with her but she is sick ! She would send me 732 text messages while I am work cus I did not answer her phone call !! Yes 732 text messages on my phone and this when her PTSD is active ! And alot more of abuse like asking me to look at her eyes for 30 minutes without blinking and it is called Eye contact !! Look at her chart and ask me to do whatever the chart says etc... !! Alot of things can not be said here ! She made me almost lose my mind ! Strange things never experienced before even my American friends never heard of it !! Not an option

Timeline

Thank you for helping but dealing with her or getting back to her is not an option ! She destroyed my life and I tried my best with her but she is sick ! She would send me 732 text messages while I am work cus I did not answer her phone call !! Yes 732 text messages on my phone and this when her PTSD is active ! And alot more of abuse like asking me to look at her eyes for 30 minutes without blinking and it is called Eye contact !! Look at her chart and ask me to do whatever the chart says etc... !! Alot of things can not be said here ! She made me almost lose my mind ! Strange things never experienced before even my American friends never heard of it !! Not an option

You didn't have an idea about this before you got married??? PTSD doesn't just show up all of the sudden. And what is the PTSD from? Did something happen to her recently or in the past?

Timeline

You have to convince USCIS that your marriage was genuine, that you entered the US genuinely intending to get married and stay married.

How long were you together before coming to US on K1? How long were you married before separating?

Timeline

I known her for 2 years and for 8 month here in US after marriage and she completly changed when I arrived here and she was really nice when I was in Egypt still! Never got mad at me or showed me anything ! She mwntioned one time that her PTSD get activated when she deals with anyone and she has no friends at all and kept me alone from talking to any one too ! I wanna stay here cus I have a job here and life now ! I will start from zero if I go back to my country . She never told me about it and it is from the military service as she is a veteran !! They discharged her cus she can not work with ppl !! Never knew all that I wish I did

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I was thinking the same

When did you enter

When did you marry

When did you separate.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I known her for 2 years and for 8 month here in US after marriage and she completly changed when I arrived here and she was really nice when I was in Egypt still! Never got mad at me or showed me anything ! She mwntioned one time that her PTSD get activated when she deals with anyone and she has no friends at all and kept me alone from talking to any one too ! I wanna stay here cus I have a job here and life now ! I will start from zero if I go back to my country . She never told me about it and it is from the military service as she is a veteran !! They discharged her cus she can not work with ppl !! Never knew all that I wish I did

I'm sorry to hear you have to deal with this, but seriously, tell her what I told you. Even if you don't stay with her, tell her what she can do to help herself. You'd be amazed at the results. She can really become normal.

Good luck with yourself.

Timeline

Enetered july 2014 got married same month and separated April 2015 .

Hope she heals too ! She never mentioned any before I come here and started telling me about it at somepoints when we were together after I arrived here .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.