PabloPeru

Peru interview question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello Peru Filiers.

My K1 Visa Left the NVC and is "IN TRANSIT" as of today. I read all of the previous posts thank you NinyaMonkey and Gio and David. I have a few questions:

1. What information do you need to pay the $265 fee at ScotiaBank? Just the LMA Case Number? Or do you need to have a copy of the the Instruction Letter from the Embassy? Do I need to show the completed DS 160 form?

2. Can my fiancee' start collecting the 3 Police and National Records needed for the interview now or wait until closer to the Interview?

3. The sample Embassy Letter states that it is $265 paid at Scotia Bank PER PERSON. If i am also applying for a K2 Visa for my Fiancee's daughter does that mean I need to pay 2 x $265.00?

4. I know for the K2 I also need to get a medical examination for her daughter, but do I have to get the police records and national records for the daughter as well?

5. And does my fiancee's daughter who is 9 years old need to be at the interview at the embassy as well?

6. Does the embassy ask the minor children questions?

7. How many total Passport photos are needed? I know I need 2 for the interview but how many for the medical appointment?

Thanks for all your help VJers!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Welcome to the forum, and good luck. Someone should be along soon with answers.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello Peru Filiers.

My K1 Visa Left the NVC and is "IN TRANSIT" as of today. I read all of the previous posts thank you NinyaMonkey and Gio and David. I have a few questions:

1. What information do you need to pay the $265 fee at ScotiaBank? Just the LMA Case Number? Or do you need to have a copy of the the Instruction Letter from the Embassy? Do I need to show the completed DS 160 form?

2. Can my fiancee' start collecting the 3 Police and National Records needed for the interview now or wait until closer to the Interview?

3. The sample Embassy Letter states that it is $265 paid at Scotia Bank PER PERSON. If i am also applying for a K2 Visa for my Fiancee's daughter does that mean I need to pay 2 x $265.00?

4. I know for the K2 I also need to get a medical examination for her daughter, but do I have to get the police records and national records for the daughter as well?

5. And does my fiancee's daughter who is 9 years old need to be at the interview at the embassy as well?

7. How many total Passport photos are needed? I know I need 2 for the interview but how many for the medical appointment?

Hello! Welcome and Lots of luck!

1. Look on the embassy website, there should be a code for what you pay a Scotia Bank, it's usually something like "formulario ......" and you will keep that receipt and bring it to the embassy.

2. The Police and National records have a 90 expiration, so she can go get them if you feel that they will not expire before the interview.

3. I am not 100% certain but you will more than likely be paying that fee twice (per visa).

4, 5, and 6- I do not know much about the child aspect of all of this. Hopefully someone who knows a little more will come along and be able to answer for you.

7. I believe it's 6 passport photos for the medical exam.

Take a look at the consulate information page to help answer more of your questions http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Peru&cty=Lima

Lots of luck!!!

Met in and lived in beneficiary's country 2010-2012

Applied 2012-Approved K1 in 2013 (approx 8 months Noa1-approval)- decided to postpone marriage and live together in beneficiary's country before marriage.

Married 11/30/13 -lived together until filing

Filed for K3-04/06/2015

Noa1 04/06/15

Noa2 08/06/15

NVC case # 09/18/2015-case became CR1 (it's true what they say K3 is obsolete-don't even attempt it)

Paid AOS 09/18/2015

Paid 261 09/23/2015

Sent AOS and IV packed 10/07/15

Scan date 10/08/15

DS-260 10/14/2015

11/10/2015 Found out I had a checklist

11/18/2015 Scan date for information they needed after talking to someone over the phone regarding checklist

11/19/2015 FINALLY recieved actual checklist

11/30/2015 Sent one more extra tax transcript to avoid any possible further checklists

12/16/2015 Requested an Expedite

12/29/2015 Expedite approved, case being sent immediately to Embassy/awaiting interview date

12/31/2015- CEAC shows case as IN TRANSIT

1/11/2016- CEAC shows READY

1/14/2016-Received interview date/packet-case became IR1 (married more then 2 years)

Medical Scheduled 1/22/2016

Medical Completed

Interview Scheduled 2/18/2016

VISA APPROVED 2/18/2016

2/19/2016 VISA ISSUED

3/05/2016 ENTERED USA!!!!

3/16/2016-Paid GC fee

4/25/2016-Received GC in mail!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

It looks like the "invoice" for the K1 visa fee is generated from the embassy and is emailed to you when you go online to schedule your appointment. This is mentioned in the example letter from a previous post.

1. REGISTRO: Para la creación de registros siga las siguientes instrucciones:

Complete la información solicitada para la creación de su cuenta. Ingrese el Captcha y presione “Create Account”
Una vez que ingrese toda su información personal, llegara a la página de resumen que le indicara que debe seleccionar un “Delivery Locatiion”. Presione Continue.

Seleccione la oficina de DHL de su preferencia y Presione “Continue”.

El Sistema le confirmará que ha creado su cuenta en forma exitosa y enviará un email a la cuenta de correo electrónico registrada.

Para hacer el pago correspondiente de la tasa MRV recibirá un correo electrónico con el talón de depósito el cual deberá llevar al ScotiaBank para la cancelación.

English Translation

1.REGISTRO: For creating records follow the instructions below:

Complete the information requested to create your account. Enter the Captcha and click "Create Account"
Once you enter all your personal information, come to the summary page indicating that you must select a "Delivery locatiion". Press Continue.

Select the DHL office of your choice and press "Continue".

The system will confirm that your account has been created successfully and sent an email to the registered email account.

To make the payment of the MRV fee will receive an email with the deposit slip which should lead to Scotia Bank for cancellation.

My case is still in transit to the embassy so I am not positive. I would love to hear from someone who just went through the process.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi

Sorry i havent logged in to Visajourney for a while.. did you get the answer to your question. or if you have any doubts its best to inbox me, i get that right away to my personal email

wish you the best ..

Lilia

Hello Peru Filiers.

• Met .... 09/05/2013 :luv:

• Engaged .... 04/05/2014 (L)

02/01/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

02/02/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

02/08/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC

02/12/16....NOA1 Hard copy received

03/25/16....NOA2 Approved :dancing:

03/30/16....NOA2 Hard copy received

04/19/16....NVC Case # received ..

04/25/16....NVC Ready at Consulate

06/30/16....Interview Scheduled (L)

06/30/16....K1 Visa Approved... :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.