Ggrahaminf

Using Venezuelan Union Estable De Hecho (Civil Union)

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I am a U.S. Citizen male and I have a civil union in Venezuela with a woman, we have lived together for five years. And we have a four year child together. She was denied a tourist Visa. I am trying to figure out if we can use our documented Civil Union for a K3 Visa. Or what type of visa would be the best to apply for?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Civil Union if that is marriage yes, it not no.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

CR1 if you're married, K1 if engaged and want to marry in the US :)

K-1:
06/08/2016: I-129F Sent

06/16/2016: Check cashed

08/23/2016: Approval

09/09/2016: At the Stockholm Embassy

09/28/2016: Embassy received completed medical

09/29/2016: Interview date, APPROVAL 

10/14/2016: Visa ISSUED

10/17/2016: Visa received

AOS
12/22/2016: I-485, I-131, I-765 Sent

01/10/2017: Check cashed

02/03/2017: Biometrics completed

04/17/2017: Your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

01/20/2018: I-485 Interview letter received

02/01/2018: I-485 Interview, APPROVAL 

K3's are very rarely given out if at all, so just consider it obsolete. The visa you will need to apply for is the CR1 visa and the processing is about 9-12 months right now.

Timeline

Does my Veteran status affect the application process at all?

Shouldnt do, assuming you have no negatives.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I have no negatives I am a combat Veteran with honorable discharge.

Then should not be an issue. You mentioned it so though there may be something you were worried about.

Filed: Timeline

I am trying to find a way without a 9 to 12 month wait. We really need to get out of Venezuela.

There is no way to avoid the wait.

Immigrant intent was probably the reason the visitor visa for your partner was denied.

Edited by Jojo92122

Timeline

You could look to see where else she could visit.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi! I hope my post would help you.

I'm a venezuelan lawyer and I can tell you that a UNION ESTABLE DE HECHO is not a marriage! even though in Venezuela you have almost the same rights that a married couple, you do not meet all the formalities of a marriage,so the embassy won't issue a marriage based visa for your girlfriend, the option you have is a K1.

Our AOS Journey:

09/02/2016- Sent AOS Paperwork to Chicago lockbox (I-485, I-765, I-131)

09/05/2016- Paperwork received by Chicago lockbox

09/08/2016- NOA1 Texts Received

09/10/2016- NOA1s received in the mail

09/24/2016- Received biometrics letter in the mail for October 3, 2016

09/30/2016- Biometrics completed (walk-in, Tukwila)

10/01/2016- Notice of Request for Initial Evidence via text (I-485)

10/06/2016- Received RFIE in the Mail for I-864, Sent back response

10/12/2016- RFIE Received by USCIS

10/25-26/2016- Approval and Card Being Produced for EAD/AP

11/04/2016- Case Status changed to 'Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview'

11/07/2016- Case Status changed to ' Card was Mailed To Me'

11/10/2016- EAD/AP Card Received in Hand

03/16/2017- AOS Interview!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi! I hope my post would help you.

I'm a venezuelan lawyer and I can tell you that a UNION ESTABLE DE HECHO is not a marriage! even though in Venezuela you have almost the same rights that a married couple, you do not meet all the formalities of a marriage,so the embassy won't issue a marriage based visa for your girlfriend, the option you have is a K1.

Well good news for him since it fast right now and he is looking for fast! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.