apalachidoremi

k1 issuance in stuck in AP

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello guys,

would just like to tell you all the gist of our story,

any thoughts on this -

I had my approval last Sept.8. Thing is, I was not able to hand over my old passport which had my valid B1/B2 visa during that time because of being soo elated..(I know, I know) :cry: - I tried to go back in after the interview as I remembered it thrice but 3 different people turned me down, saying that they would just "cancel the visa in the system". tsk.

I mailed them the old passport when I received a notice from them Sept. 13 on that same day. I was on AP from this day until now..

I had a long scheduled trip abroad last Sept. 22, so I needed to pull out my new passport, and sent back Sept. 26. (Initially I thought I didn't have to deal with this as I expected the visa to be issued before the 22nd, given that it was around 10 working days from my interview date.

---But my CEAC status still has not changed. Last time it was updated was on the 21st. My son who was on the petition but will not be applying has his CEAC updated every other day.

Does it really take days for a consulate to check/view your application after they received your pending documents? I know we need to be patient and wait it out, it sometimes is just hard to figure out that at least they would have looked at it by now..

READY (check back after 2 business days) - 09/08/2016 - 09/12/2016

AP - 09/13/2016 - current (updated only last 9/13 and 9/21)

I wished I knew how things are on their side of the fence.. it renders me helpless to be absolutely clueless about what is going on.. **sigh**

:sleepy:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Intro.Members to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Commentary about case status is embassy-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I had ky interview 8/19 it was in AP 32 days finally issued 9/21.

AP can take any number of days or months. I was approved nothing requested of me....

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Yep it was comforting to finally have yours issued after such a wait. have you received the visa already btw?

Ever have to peee and then you finally dooo lol thats how comforting :rofl:

Yes issued on 9/21

Picked up 9/21

Poe 9/25

Married 9/29

We got married 4 days after his arrival (L) as long as you submit what they need you should be fine ;)

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Timeline

that is sweet! I guess the issuance is all that's holding the trip and marriage back then.. Congratulations on you both!

-I wished we could pick up ours here too..

Yours is coming soon but i know how hard it is :yes:

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello guys,

would just like to tell you all the gist of our story,

any thoughts on this -

I had my approval last Sept.8. Thing is, I was not able to hand over my old passport which had my valid B1/B2 visa during that time because of being soo elated..(I know, I know) :cry: - I tried to go back in after the interview as I remembered it thrice but 3 different people turned me down, saying that they would just "cancel the visa in the system". tsk.

I mailed them the old passport when I received a notice from them Sept. 13 on that same day. I was on AP from this day until now..

I had a long scheduled trip abroad last Sept. 22, so I needed to pull out my new passport, and sent back Sept. 26. (Initially I thought I didn't have to deal with this as I expected the visa to be issued before the 22nd, given that it was around 10 working days from my interview date.

---But my CEAC status still has not changed. Last time it was updated was on the 21st. My son who was on the petition but will not be applying has his CEAC updated every other day.

Does it really take days for a consulate to check/view your application after they received your pending documents? I know we need to be patient and wait it out, it sometimes is just hard to figure out that at least they would have looked at it by now..

READY (check back after 2 business days) - 09/08/2016 - 09/12/2016

AP - 09/13/2016 - current (updated only last 9/13 and 9/21)

I wished I knew how things are on their side of the fence.. it renders me helpless to be absolutely clueless about what is going on.. **sigh**

:sleepy:

Late documents can add WEEKS to the process after the requested documents are received at the embassy. Normal processing can easily take two weeks, your process never started as the file was incomplete. With pulling the passport things again were put on hold. Now that the requested documents are at the embassy all you can do is ... yes.... be patient. ;)

In reality because of the passport being pulled then returned you are just starting your waiting process...

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Timeline

Thanks guys for the feedback- yeah Philippines^Sagot that's what I figured, basically the wait time has just started, but at least this is much better than having to worry about something else ..

@Tahoma - that is good to know.. I'll keep you guys posted on the upcoming developments..

Timeline

Wooohooo CEAC status updated today Oct. 3 - still on AP but at least the case has been looked at lol :luv:

Late documents can add WEEKS to the process after the requested documents are received at the embassy. Normal processing can easily take two weeks, your process never started as the file was incomplete. With pulling the passport things again were put on hold. Now that the requested documents are at the embassy all you can do is ... yes.... be patient. ;)

In reality because of the passport being pulled then returned you are just starting your waiting process...

You are well within the "normal" time frame...hang in there...!

Thanks guys for the feedback- yeah Philippines^Sagot that's what I figured, basically the wait time has just started, but at least this is much better than having to worry about something else ..

@Tahoma - that is good to know.. I'll keep you guys posted on the upcoming developments..

wooohoo update - CEAC status updated today Oct. 3 still in AP but at least someone did view and check lol

Timeline

Wooohooo CEAC status updated today Oct. 3 - still on AP but at least the case has been looked at lol :luv:

wooohoo update - CEAC status updated today Oct. 3 still in AP but at least someone did view and check lol

That is good news!

As long as the embassy has everything they need.. it should not be long now. ;)

Timeline

Ohmy ohmy guys ----- CEAC Status ISSUED 10/04!

whoopee! I wish I could give y'all high fives and hugs!

:) so overwhelmed with joy...

Timeline

Ohmy ohmy guys ----- CEAC Status ISSUED 10/04!

whoopee! I wish I could give y'all high fives and hugs!

:) so overwhelmed with joy...

There ya are!!! Congrats! :dancing:

(told ya it won't be long ;) )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.