jann29

May 2016 K-1 filers RFE

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

17 days for me. I kind of hoped CSC would clear mine before the weekend, but apparently not. Sometimes it can take a couple of months between the RFE receipt and the NOA2. Not common, but it happens. There was one that went from 8/12 to 9/26/2016 (Maylasia). Then we go back to 5/10 to 8/30/16 (Pakistan).

Since early August, the time from RFE receiot to NOA2 is almost always less than two weeks. As we go back in time, there are more cases when it is 3-4 weeks. I assume summer vacation schedule plays in that.

My fiance is not Muslim, but there is a big age difference. So in my case the agent processing the file might just laugh and push it to the bottom of the stack. I think there is a limit to how long this can go on. As an information processing professional I am certain that they have reporting tools that track the aging status of files. These tools are easy to configure but it is likely that they are not tracking things down to the weeks. So at worst, our files get management attention when they go over 4 months since 5 months is the performance standard.

So in the cases above, the Malaysia file made it all the way through in 4.75 months. The Pakistani file made it through in 5.5 months.

So for NOA2s issued in September (so far) the longest processing time after RFE was 18 days (except for the Maylasia file).

So you are outside the recent RFE to NOA2 processing times and I will be on Monday. I am 3.2 months and you are at 4 months. So you should expect action in October and I should expect it by Thanksgiving.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

17 days for me. I kind of hoped CSC would clear mine before the weekend, but apparently not. Sometimes it can take a couple of months between the RFE receipt and the NOA2. Not common, but it happens. There was one that went from 8/12 to 9/26/2016 (Maylasia). Then we go back to 5/10 to 8/30/16 (Pakistan).

Since early August, the time from RFE receiot to NOA2 is almost always less than two weeks. As we go back in time, there are more cases when it is 3-4 weeks. I assume summer vacation schedule plays in that.

My fiance is not Muslim, but there is a big age difference. So in my case the agent processing the file might just laugh and push it to the bottom of the stack. I think there is a limit to how long this can go on. As an information processing professional I am certain that they have reporting tools that track the aging status of files. These tools are easy to configure but it is likely that they are not tracking things down to the weeks. So at worst, our files get management attention when they go over 4 months since 5 months is the performance standard.

So in the cases above, the Malaysia file made it all the way through in 4.75 months. The Pakistani file made it through in 5.5 months.

So for NOA2s issued in September (so far) the longest processing time after RFE was 18 days (except for the Maylasia file).

So you are outside the recent RFE to NOA2 processing times and I will be on Monday. I am 3.2 months and you are at 4 months. So you should expect action in October and I should expect it by Thanksgiving.

Thank you for this, it enlightened me. Yea, Im expecting this week hopefully though, i hope you will too.

Timeline

I got approved on Oct.4 too. Just waiting to have case number from NVC. Do you have case number already?

Not yet. Need to wait until the 18th to call I think. Or be patient and wait for the email.

Timeline

Wow ! Congrats to you! I emailed them last week and I just got only a reply yesterday . And they said that my case has not gotten to them yet. So I don't know if I call today would have make any difference . Congrats to you!!

Timeline

May be best to call. 603,334,0700, I was on hold for 15 minutes or so then got my number. You need some information:

The WAC number, beneficiary name and birth date, petitioners name and birthdate.

If your file is at NVC, then they will give an NVC ID 3 letters (for your embassy) and 10 numbers.

Go to https://ceac.state.g...ker/Status.aspx

Select immigrant visa

Enter your case number XXX2016yyyyyy

Timeline

Now in-transit, Everything moving along on schedule. I booked my ticket for the interview.

I got my MCN last night and i check it that it is on transit too. hehhee so happy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.