Edison777

221 (g) administrative processing

65 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hi, I had my interview just yesterday and after the interview the consular officer gave me a letter that includes a denial under section 221(g) for some missing document of the joint sponsor. She highlighted precise rows that said " please provide the joint sponsor's original signed affidavit of support (I-864) along with proof of his/her citizenship or legal permanent resident status and his/her W2 and complete federal income tax return transcript from IRS for the year 2015".

My wife had already sent that to the NVC, the original signed affidavit of support along with federal income tax Return Of the last three years that includes year of 2015! And now I got a pending denial because of it! Please what should we do in this case. My wife had sent those forms to the NVC before the interview! Is possible those forms were missed? And I was put for administrative processing as well. The consular officer delivered my passport to me is that a bad sign or what? I want to proceed the visa issuance as soon as possible what should I do please help.

Any soon reply will be appreciated

Timeline

Mrsburgz Yeah she sent everything needed to the NVC! Do we have to get that again and submit it to the embassy of Beirut? And the joint sponsor said she called the IRS and they wouldn't give her any form of tax return!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The docs could have been lost in transit kinda unusual, but it could happen. The joint sponsor can get the W2 from their employer, the transcript can be easily accessed from the irs.gov website. He/she can request for the transcript to be mailed or sent electronically.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi, I had my interview just yesterday and after the interview the consular officer gave me a letter that includes a denial under section 221(g) for some missing document of the joint sponsor. She highlighted precise rows that said " please provide the joint sponsor's original signed affidavit of support (I-864) along with proof of his/her citizenship or legal permanent resident status and his/her W2 and complete federal income tax return transcript from IRS for the year 2015".

My wife had already sent that to the NVC, the original signed affidavit of support along with federal income tax Return Of the last three years that includes year of 2015! And now I got a pending denial because of it! Please what should we do in this case. My wife had sent those forms to the NVC before the interview! Is possible those forms were missed? And I was put for administrative processing as well. The consular officer delivered my passport to me is that a bad sign or what? I want to proceed the visa issuance as soon as possible what should I do please help.

Any soon reply will be appreciated

If you want the Visa you have no choice but to give the information they request. So get it as soon as possible.

They returned the passport because they have no idea how long you will take and don't need that passport just laying around.So move fast.

Just send the 2015 information they asked for that's all they need. Also wouldn't hurt to add a most recent paystub for 2016

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

We'll dig everyone! This is his wife and yes I've submitted everything. I didn't miss sending the forms. They have them. And there's no way that one piece of a file would get lost when it was sent all at once, in one envelope. They got it believe me. They're just bullshitting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We'll dig everyone! This is his wife and yes I've submitted everything. I didn't miss sending the forms. They have them. And there's no way that one piece of a file would get lost when it was sent all at once, in one envelope. They got it believe me. They're just bullshitting.

NVC could have made the mistake of loosing those docs when they were in transit to the Embassy. Also some CO may say they don't have a specific docs so they can purposely delay the case to do more research on the applicant. Its always recommended to bring all the originals that were sent to NVC to the Visa interview just in case anything get "lost"

Edited by MrsBurgz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

you are supposed to submit all original the documents to the interview. NVC takes just the copies.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

OK my wife just called the NVC and it turned out that the sponsorship didn't meet financial requirement and we need a joint sponsor to meet them! We don't know anyone and she have no relatives to help with it! What should we do in that case? Please help if anyone got a solution or help in sponsoring

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I personally had the same thing happen during NVC, I had a notice on my case complete from NVC to provide the ORIGINAL documents to the interview (AOS) and I needed proof of my husband (petitioners) status in the US. So at the interview and in my P4 letter, it said to bring those documents.

So I made sure when I went to the interview to bring all copies or originals of everything and anything, I seriously had over 500 pages of stuff in that interview.

I was approved, but they pointed out that they wanted the original AOS and my husband's birth certificate and I also had his passport and SSN card with me to be safe

USCIS Process:

Sent I-130 (via Canada Post): Feb 29, 2016

NOA1 hardcopy received: March 16, 2016

NOA2 approval text & email: June 9, 2016

-------------------------------------------------------

NVC Process:

Case number and IIN Assigned: July 5, 2016

Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: July 6, 2016

IV application (DS-260) completed: July 12, 2016

Sent AOS & IV packets (Electronic Processing): July 14, 2016

CC: July 20, 2016

Medical: September 13, 2016

Interview: September 19, 2016 APPROVED!

POE: October 31, 2016

-------------------------------------------------------

ROC Process:

Submitted I-751 (USPS Overnight): August 2, 2018

Approved: August 21st, 2019

Timeline

If anyone has the heart to help us this is my email XXXXXXXXXXXXXX I will appreciate it so much. You will get to know me and be confident of having real friendship.im willing to give any possible information about me and my case please we have limited period of time like two months only or we would get denied ? Thank you all for your cooperation and support.

(Moderator note. for your own internet safety, personal email address redacted. It is always preferred to be contacted via personal message.)

Pitaya, VJ Moderation

Edited by Pitaya

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I personally had the same thing happen during NVC, I had a notice on my case complete from NVC to provide the ORIGINAL documents to the interview (AOS) and I needed proof of my husband (petitioners) status in the US. So at the interview and in my P4 letter, it said to bring those documents.

So I made sure when I went to the interview to bring all copies or originals of everything and anything, I seriously had over 500 pages of stuff in that interview.

I was approved, but they pointed out that they wanted the original AOS and my husband's birth certificate and I also had his passport and SSN card with me to be safe

You were like me. I made sure my husband had originals of every document I submitted.My tax transcripts for 3 years and tax forms and W2's divorce decree with raised seal, my Birth certificate and passport and Social security card.

I wasn't playin that day. :goofy:

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.