randrb

DS-160 When????! (Morocco)

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Can someone who has been through the process in Morocco, please tell me when we're supposed to submit the DS-160? I am hearing conflicting things...

Our application is at the consulate in Morocco and on the NVC website, the status says 'Ready for interview'. In some places, I have read that the consulate will email us with information for the next step. Elsewhere, I have read that you're supposed to submit the DS-160 in order to schedule the interview. Soooo, I'm confused!

HelP!

We did our DS160 form about 3 weeks to 1 month before the interview. You won't be able to schedule your own interview for K1. The embassy will email you (the petitioner) once they have already scheduled it. You pay any immigration fee's at the embassy the same day of your interview. They will give you the checklist in your email on all the things you will bring with you to the interview - passport photos, passport (make sure you bring a copy of your passport as well), all documents you gathered for birth certificate, police report, court report, single paper and all translations and medical exam. The embassy is extremely difficult to reach via email and impossible to reach on the phone given the phone #'s never work. So I would suggest (which is also what I did), to email them at least once a week once its confirmed they received your file from NVC. Good luck!

Timeline:

• Met on Facebook - September 18, 2016
  • Started Dating - December 30, 2016
  • Met in Person - September 25, 2017 (Surprised him for his birthday)
  • Got Engaged! - September 28, 2017 ♥
  • Filed for I-129F - December 22, 2017
  • Rec'd NOA1(Text/Email) - January 2, 2018 :D
  • Rec'd Hard Copy NOA1 (Letter) - Jan. 3, 2018 (letter dated Dec. 29, 2017)
  • Rec'd RFE notice (email 7/24/18) - Pending hard copy letter :whistle:
  • Rec'd RFE letter in mail (July 27, 2018). Needs details about previous petition <_<
  • Mailed RFE - Sept. 06, 2018 (will be rec'd Saturday and picked up by Monday)
  • USCIS confirmed RFE rec'd (email, text & USCIS App) - Sept, 11, 2018
  • NOA2 Approval Letter - rec'd Nov. 17, 2018 (dated Nov. 09, 2018) - approximately  10 1/2 months of waiting! 😞
  • NVC Rec'd Petition - Nov. 23, 2018
  • NVC Case # - PENDING 👈
  • Case # Rec'd - December 06, 2018
  • In Transit to Embassy - Dec. 26, 2018
  • CEAC says 'READY' - Dec. 28, 2018 😀 (Super Fast)
  • PENDING Interview Date 🤯
  • Rec'd Interview Packet (Email) January 29, 2019
  • Interview Schedule FEBRUARY 26!!
  • Interview Results - Stuck in AP - Was given the DS-5535 Questionnaire. Kept his passport - pending results
  • After 8 CEAC updates (If I counted correctly) still waiting in AP. Last update was today-June 24, 2019.
  • CEAC updated #9 - August 8, 2019 - but this might be from an inquiry I made the day before - maybe not a true 'update'
  • CEAC Update #10 - Sept. 25, 2019 (my fiance's B-Day) - made another online inquiry to embassy & called NVC for status update
  • CEAC Update #11 - Sept. 27, 2019 - most likely based from my online inquiry
  • CEAC Update #12 - Sept. 30, 2019 - Case went from AP to Application Received. Switched from Immigrant Visa App to Non-Immigrant 😁😁😁
  • Rec'd Call from Embassy!! October 2, 2019 - Time to re-do medical exam!
  • Completed New Medical Exam - October 4, 2019 - Dropped off at Aramex 😀
  • Aramex Confirmation of Delivery to Embassy for Medical - Oct. 7th, 2019
  • CEAC Update #13 - Non-Immigrant Administrative Processing - Oct. 09, 2019
  • VISA ISSUED! October 11, 2019 (last CEAC update!) 😱 FINALLLYYYYY!!!!
  • Arrived to the US! Oct. 24, 2019
  • Married Dec. 07, 2019 😍
  • Filed AOS/EAD/AP - Jan. 21, 2020
  • Rec'd I-797C Notice - Interview on 10/13/2020
  • Mailed ROC Packet via FedEx - 09.06.2022
  • ROC Packet Delivered - 09.08.2022

event.png

Timeline

We did our DS160 form about 3 weeks to 1 month before the interview. You won't be able to schedule your own interview for K1. The embassy will email you (the petitioner) once they have already scheduled it. You pay any immigration fee's at the embassy the same day of your interview. They will give you the checklist in your email on all the things you will bring with you to the interview - passport photos, passport (make sure you bring a copy of your passport as well), all documents you gathered for birth certificate, police report, court report, single paper and all translations and medical exam. The embassy is extremely difficult to reach via email and impossible to reach on the phone given the phone #'s never work. So I would suggest (which is also what I did), to email them at least once a week once its confirmed they received your file from NVC. Good luck!

So you did your DS160 once you received the interview date?

So you did your DS160 once you received the interview date?

no. we did ours before the interview was scheduled. you can choose to wait to complete your DS160 until the interview is scheduled if you wish. As long as its completed BEFORE your interview. You will have to take the confirmation page with you from the DS160 to your interview as well.

Timeline:

• Rec'd RFE letter in mail (July 27, 2018). Needs details about previous petition <_<
  • NOA2 Approval Letter - rec'd Nov. 17, 2018 (dated Nov. 09, 2018) - approximately  10 1/2 months of waiting! 😞
  • NVC Case # - PENDING 👈
  • Interview Results - Stuck in AP - Was given the DS-5535 Questionnaire. Kept his passport - pending results
  • After 8 CEAC updates (If I counted correctly) still waiting in AP. Last update was today-June 24, 2019.
  • CEAC updated #9 - August 8, 2019 - but this might be from an inquiry I made the day before - maybe not a true 'update'
  • CEAC Update #10 - Sept. 25, 2019 (my fiance's B-Day) - made another online inquiry to embassy & called NVC for status update
  • CEAC Update #12 - Sept. 30, 2019 - Case went from AP to Application Received. Switched from Immigrant Visa App to Non-Immigrant 😁😁😁

event.png

Timeline

no. we did ours before the interview was scheduled. you can choose to wait to complete your DS160 until the interview is scheduled if you wish. As long as its completed BEFORE your interview. You will have to take the confirmation page with you from the DS160 to your interview as well.

Thank you so much! I don't know whyyyy they don't make things more clear :P This whole waiting thing is not for me!

get used to it. this embassy is a nightmare for a lot of things - communication is ONE of them!

Timeline:

• NVC Case # - PENDING 👈

event.png

Timeline

get used to it. this embassy is a nightmare for a lot of things - communication is ONE of them!

haha yes, I am noticing as much... How did your interview go?

lets just say we are stuck in the endless black hole of AP for over a month! lets hope for your sake that your fiancé doesn't get the black woman...she is not fair at all and will find any reason and I mean ANY to not issue any visa.

Timeline:

• NVC Case # - PENDING 👈

event.png

Timeline

lets just say we are stuck in the endless black hole of AP for over a month! lets hope for your sake that your fiancé doesn't get the black woman...she is not fair at all and will find any reason and I mean ANY to not issue any visa.

I'm sorry to hear.... That sucks :( This process is so stressful and to think it could all lead up to an unfair interview is more than I can handle. What does that mean for you? Do you have to submit more paperwork? Or go through another interview?

Timeline

Can someone who has been through the process in Morocco, please tell me when we're supposed to submit the DS-160? I am hearing conflicting things...

Our application is at the consulate in Morocco and on the NVC website, the status says 'Ready for interview'. In some places, I have read that the consulate will email us with information for the next step. Elsewhere, I have read that you're supposed to submit the DS-160 in order to schedule the interview. Soooo, I'm confused!

HelP!

Hello randrb,

I am in the same situation as you. Please let me know if you hear anything. I first submitted my I-129 on March 2016. It got approved and sent to Casablanca from NVC around 2 months ago. It has been now a total of 6 months since we started this process. I am not sure if the Embassy in Casablanca is awaiting for the DS-160 from us to continue the process or they are going to contact us with instructions for next steps to take.

Best regards,

A

Edited by maroc1

Timeline

Hello randrb,

I am in the same situation as you. Please let me know if you hear anything. I first submitted my I-129 on March 2016. It got approved and sent to Casablanca from NVC around 2 months ago. It has been now a total of 6 months since we started this process. I am not sure if the Embassy in Casablanca is awaiting for the DS-160 from us to continue the process or they are going to contact us with instructions for next steps to take.

Best regards,

A

Hi there! So one person I spoke to waited until they received the email from the consulate to file the DS160 and another filled theirs out yesterday and received the interview time today (after 5 weeks at the consulate)

But both of those people told me one thing in common. Keep emailing the consulate to request the packet and interview time. They won't respond but maybe it makes them speed things up. Otherwise, maybe you could also contact the NVC to tell them it's been a while and to see what they say....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Help me understand what you mean when you say you are stuck in the endless black hole of AP - i just sent my i-129F in TODAY (so excited!) and like everyone, want to get this process through quickly! What is this area that you are stuck in? Administrative Procedures or something?

Timeline

Help me understand what you mean when you say you are stuck in the endless black hole of AP - i just sent my i-129F in TODAY (so excited!) and like everyone, want to get this process through quickly! What is this area that you are stuck in? Administrative Procedures or something?

Yes. She is speaking of administrative processing. It is a way for them to do extra background checks and look over the case more to see if everything is good. Some people go into administrative processing and some don't. One thing you should know that high fraud countries (such as Morocco) and many Middle Eastern and North African (MENA) countries have many people in AP. it is not uncommon. But every case is different so don't compare your case with anyone else's....Especially from Casablanca. The work on a case by case basis. Good luck =)

Yes very true! Every case is different. Sometimes they put people in AP for weeks/months. Some only a few days. Some not at all. Just depends on the CO and the embassy that day among clearance checks. You will be fine! Breath and enjoy the journey. Its a story you will be sharing for years to come :reading:

Timeline:

• NVC Case # - PENDING 👈

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.