Catalina Cuqui

US embassy in Madrid - documents required for K1 - order

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

This is intended for people who have gotten their K1 visa in Madrid (Spain). Hi!

Our petition was approved by USCIS last week, so I guess in about one month our case should be at the US consulate in Madrid (Spain). I know they'll first send me a packet asking for some documentation, and when I send it back and they get it, it'll be the turn to set up the interview date, when I need to bring more documents with me to the embassy. But I can't find exactly what is asked for on each stage. I'd like to have all the documents ready beforehand to avoid delays in the process, so I was wondering:

1) what documents need to be sent on the first place, after I get the first notification from the embassy?

2) what documents will I have to bring with me to the embassy on the day of the interview?

3) do the I-134 (affidavit of support) form + additional documentation (taxes, pay stubs, bank letter, etc) need to be sent before the interview date, or will I bring them with me to the interview? (It'll take my fiance a while to gather all of these, as his bank is in a different city)

4) same goes for the police records (certificado de antecedentes)

5) will I need to show NOA2, NVC notification, US fiance's birth certificate, or US fiance's photograph at any point? I've read contradictory info on this.

That's about it. I'll really appreciate some help. Thanks!

PS: You can answer in Spanish :)

Lo siento mucho -- mi Espanol no es bueno :dancing:

Try this link from the U.S. state department:

https://madrid.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant/fiance.html

Processes vary slightly from embassy to embassy so it's hard to provide specifics for Madrid since my fiancee (now husband) is Brazilian, but the above noted website does say this, "Once the approved petition is received in Spain, the immigrant visa unit will contact you with instructions on how to apply for a K visa." You can go ahead with gathering the documentation you need, but will have to wait for word from the embassy on what to send online or ahead of time and what to bring with you to the interview.

Good luck on your journey!!

Timeline

Lo siento mucho -- mi Espanol no es bueno :dancing:

Try this link from the U.S. state department:

https://madrid.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant/fiance.html

Processes vary slightly from embassy to embassy so it's hard to provide specifics for Madrid since my fiancee (now husband) is Brazilian, but the above noted website does say this, "Once the approved petition is received in Spain, the immigrant visa unit will contact you with instructions on how to apply for a K visa." You can go ahead with gathering the documentation you need, but will have to wait for word from the embassy on what to send online or ahead of time and what to bring with you to the interview.

Good luck on your journey!!

Thanks for your kind answer ddtenor2r. I already looked at all the info on the embassy's website which isn't specific.

I'm asking for personal experiences of people that got their K1 in Madrid and who can give me detailed information specific to this embassy.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hola agnesita! Acabo de empezar mi laaargo camino para obtener el visado K-1, así que no tengo todas las respuestas. Probablemente tendrás que ayudarme tú a mí, jeje.

Creo que los únicos documentos que tienes que enviar a la embajada antes de la entrevista son los DS-156, DS-157 y confirmación de que rellenaste el DS-160 online. Tómalo con pinzas porque no estoy segura. Todos los demás documentos (certificado de nacimiento, policía, I-134, fotos, etc) se llevan durante la entrevista. No creo que necesites el NOA2 ni la notificación NVC, tampoco nada de tu prometido, pero si lo traes no está de más.

De todas formas cuando recibas el packet 3 te darán toda la informacion que necesitas. En la página de la embajada también tienes información.

https://spanish.madrid.usembassy.gov/es/visas/no-inmigrante/tipos/prometido.html

Un abrazo y mucha suerte!

Timeline

Hola agnesita! Acabo de empezar mi laaargo camino para obtener el visado K-1, así que no tengo todas las respuestas. Probablemente tendrás que ayudarme tú a mí, jeje.

Creo que los únicos documentos que tienes que enviar a la embajada antes de la entrevista son los DS-156, DS-157 y confirmación de que rellenaste el DS-160 online. Tómalo con pinzas porque no estoy segura. Todos los demás documentos (certificado de nacimiento, policía, I-134, fotos, etc) se llevan durante la entrevista. No creo que necesites el NOA2 ni la notificación NVC, tampoco nada de tu prometido, pero si lo traes no está de más.

De todas formas cuando recibas el packet 3 te darán toda la informacion que necesitas. En la página de la embajada también tienes información.

https://spanish.madrid.usembassy.gov/es/visas/no-inmigrante/tipos/prometido.html

Un abrazo y mucha suerte!

Así era antes, pero el año pasado lo cambiaron. Ahora hay que enviar TODO de primeras. Ya me informé.

Gracias por tu respuesta. Suerte!

Edited by agnesita84

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.