60 posts in this topic

OMG

In less then 36 hours fiancee arrives im now getting cold feet.....

Im worried!! After all this waiting what if the stories i read on here happen to me??

Im not planning on making him a slave or holding papers against him or beating him....hes safe on that regard...

But face time has been few days last year 2015, 18 days in march, 4 days in may and 3 days last month!!!

We talk daily hes my GM and Goodnight!!! And all in between!!!

Im freaking out who can relate????

Im a nervous ball of nerves!!

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I think it's normal because now suddenly the process is over and he is coming! .... BUT yes RELAX when he gets there those feelings will disappear and all the good feelings will come out :)

I know how it feels but I have a feeling you will be alright.

It's true some of the nightmare stories on VJ can get you mind wondering. Focus on the good times you two will have. And be relieved that the separation is almost over.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

How about soaking your feet in warm water and relax? :D

bty98_92803885_466.jpg

Hahahaha i am soaking tomorrow pedicure lol ?

I think it's normal because now suddenly the process is over and he is coming! .... BUT yes RELAX when he gets there those feelings will disappear and all the good feelings will come out :)

Yey i know im all types of nerves ?

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hahahaha i am soaking tomorrow pedicure lol ?

Yey i know im all types of nerves ?

They will be gone when he had his arms around you and there are no more goodbyes at airports!

I know how it feels but I have a feeling you will be alright.

It's true some of the nightmare stories on VJ can get you mind wondering. Focus on the good times you two will have. And be relieved that the separation is almost over.

Asi mismo nuestra union (L) i hope its for the best ? im soo excited and scared at the same time ;)

This is becoming ming reality

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Don't you worry about the stories on here!!

Every relationship requires patience, learning, effort...

My husband and I have been living apart for one year now (with many months to go) and see each other every couple months. We discuss the fact that we don't want it to become "normal" being a "FaceTIme couple" - we, too, feel uncomfortable about the waiting and the distance but we love each other so very much and because of our open communication we feel better and are strong because of it.

Just accept the fact that it's not going to be perfect, you're going to need to work at it, and it certainly is a huge change! Embrace it!

ENJOY THE JOURNEY! :) This one has ended, now go start your new one together.

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Thank you jackie ;) i hope yours moves fast as well

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Thank you jackie ;) i hope yours moves fast as well

yo tambien espero eso :clock:

Congratulations, and make sure you post an update for us!

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

yo tambien espero eso :clock:

Congratulations, and make sure you post an update for us!

O i will ;) poe is logan at 7am sunday :)

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

It's normal to be a little nervous. There's nerves that go with if he's going to actually get along with your family (especially your child). There's the ones about his adjustment to America. And the ones dealing with if the change of moving to America will steal the magic you had before. And for some people there's the nerves that this might be a scam. All of them are legitimate and should be considered. But don't dwell on them. Make the decision that you're all in. You're the only one you can control. But do everyone a favor, don't marry him until you're sure that it's what YOU want. You have 90 days, and even though the K-1 isn't a get to know you visa, there's nothing wrong with taking the time you need to have peace about your choice. Who knows, you might get it the second you see him or it might take until day 80. Either way, it's okay. When my husband got here, we spent 84 days before getting married because I wanted him to see who I really was when I was working and paying bills and for him to be surrounded by the realities of America (and the Minnesota cold) before he made the commitment. I needed to know that he loved me not just when I was laying on a beach without a care in the world but even when I came home tired and wrinkled with life's junk weighing me down. There's some rubber that had to meet the road before I was sure. And when the time came, I was sure. And you will be too.

Edited by JR loves JR

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

POE: 11/23/2014; Wedding: 2/14/2015

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: 2/21/2015;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Green card Received: 10/7/15

It's normal to be a little nervous. There's nerves that go with if he's going to actually get along with your family (especially your child). There's the ones about his adjustment to America. And the ones dealing with if the change of moving to America will steal the magic you had before. And for some people there's the nerves that this might be a scam. All of them are legitimate and should be considered. But don't dwell on them. Make the decision that you're all in. You're the only one you can control. But do everyone a favor, don't marry him until you're sure that it's what YOU want. You have 90 days, and even though the K-1 isn't a get to know you visa, there's nothing wrong with taking the time you need to have peace about your choice. Who knows, you might get it the second you see him or it might take until day 80. Either way, it's okay. When my husband got here, we spent 84 days before getting married because I wanted him to see who I really was when I was working and paying bills and for him to be surrounded by the realities of America (and the Minnesota cold) before he made the commitment. I needed to know that he loved me not just when I was laying on a beach without a care in the world but even when I came home tired and wrinkled with life's junk weighing me down. There's some rubber that had to meet the road before I was sure. And when the time came, I was sure. And you will be too.

Awww thanks for sharing :) he has two eager ladies here hannah 2 and kariana 5 and me ;)

He also has some pets hes not use to indoor animals lol we have a chinese dwarf and a parrolet...my employers also considering hiring him so we have many things to look foward toooo cleaning out space for him in my closet...

Adreniline is onver the top ?

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Looks like your nerves are actually about it being as great as you dreamt it would be. It will be. You'll both have some adjustments but a little patience goes a long way. Congratulations and good luck sleeping!

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

POE: 11/23/2014; Wedding: 2/14/2015

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: 2/21/2015;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Green card Received: 10/7/15

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.