LuNa11

221G k1 Casablanca, Morocco

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

So I had my interview today and everything was going good during the interview, at the end the co told me I can't approve this application because you don't meet the requirement ( having met within the last 2 years). I'm still shocked and truly and profoundly upset. I'd like if anyone who went through the same experience or knows any helpful information to comment. We met on March 22 2014 and been together till the 30th, and filed for the k1 on march 18th 2016, nobody told us we had a problem because two years is support to be from the day you applied, but the co told me it should be two years today, 2 years from me meeting my fiancé and the freaking interview!!!!!!!!! I asked if we could appeal she said no you can contact the uscis but they won't respond cause we already made the decision from here. This is crazy! Out of all reasons it just had to be something I didn't even think of!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It should be 2 years from the time of filing but approval is at the CO's discretion. However, by what you stated above, you met for about a week in March 2014 and haven't met again since then. The CO likely found it questionable that you have an ongoing relationship since at the time of the interview you haven't seen each other in nearly 2 1/2 years. Plus the fact that you filed the K-1 a few days prior to the 2 year expiration of meeting probably did not help your case. You can still get married in the beneficiary's country and file for a spousal visa. Sorry I don't have any helpful information to provide other than doing a spousal visa.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I'm not really surprised by this.

1) Really short visit

2) Haven't met after that and it's been over 2 years

3) The embassy you are dealing with

4) You waited to file SO late that it messed it up. Did the evidence say the dates you met to and from or just the first date?

I'm sorry but like I said I'm not surprised. You can file again though either K-1 or CR-1 as long as you meet before. And I'm sure they will look at this for your next case also, the facetime.

Im not surprised and this embassy denies people with better relationship evidence.

2o14 is a VERY :o long time....

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Timeline

Well I tried to visit my fiancé once and it was denied, simply because Casablanca doesn't grant tourist visas to everyone, especially young single people! And my fiancé just graduated in may he couldn't visit because he had a busy schedule plus summer job and he simply couldn't afford to visit at all. While I have a good job and I can afford it but not granted a visa. I wanted to start on the process asap but my fiancé wanted to wait till he could afford a life for us both. We didn't plan on k1 or anything when we met the first time and were completely oblivious to all the procedures or else we would've waited and prepared better. Now we have to endure through the heartbreak and try to figure things out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Well I tried to visit my fiancé once and it was denied, simply because Casablanca doesn't grant tourist visas to everyone, especially young single people! And my fiancé just graduated in may he couldn't visit because he had a busy schedule plus summer job and he simply couldn't afford to visit at all. While I have a good job and I can afford it but not granted a visa. I wanted to start on the process asap but my fiancé wanted to wait till he could afford a life for us both. We didn't plan on k1 or anything when we met the first time and were completely oblivious to all the procedures or else we would've waited and prepared better. Now we have to endure through the heartbreak and try to figure things out.

If you had the money why didn't you pay for his ticket then so you could meet?

(Not a question you have to answer, but just think about)

If you guys really wanted to get married and all then I guess you should also do whatever to be able to see each other.

Edited by Georgia16

Timeline

So I was just thinking about her question when I last saw my fiancé I answered 30th march but I just checked his itinerary it's the 31th, I completely forgot about that! Somehow I thought 30 was the last day of the month......while He didn't leave till the 31st and that's when we took a few pictures and I guess she. Seen the 31 written on the back and noticed I said 30....sooooo perhaps I screwed us up? :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I do not think you should have been refused under the 2 year rule, but seems there were other reasons so does it matter?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I do not think you should have been refused under the 2 year rule, but seems there were other reasons so does it matter?

Thank you. It just didn't make any sense to me or my fiancé...I asked if we could appeal but she said no it's final so idk what to do right now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Visit and file another K1

Or marry.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Visit and file another K1

Or marry.

Well my fiancé wants to contact people around the 221g and see if anyone can help, but you're right there's not much to do. There's no problem in filling back to back k1's? Marriage is out of question it requires at least a month in Morocco to get things done, my fiancé can only get 2 weeks maximum

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.