sweets1234

Medical examination

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Latvia
Timeline

Hello! I wanted to ask-did you bring your vaccination card to the medical examination from your childhood? I have a very old one medical records card for my vaccines taken-there is something written with pen and other things with pencil...I wonder if the embaccy approved doctor will accept it as a proof what vaccines I took before...Maybe my family doctor needs to approve it with his signature and a stamp? Or how? If they don't accept it-what do they do? Take some test to check if I have an immunization against those viruses or illnesses? And if I have to go and take some vaccines and come back to the doctor the 2nd time or 3rd-will I have to pay more than that fee which is over 100 euros or only for the vaccines? Thank you :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Why don't you call the embassy approved doctor and ask these questions directly to them.I am sure they will be more than happy to answer your queries.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Yes, my husband just had his appt last week and they did look at and take copies of the childhood booklet of vaccines we brought. He still had to get a polio booster and an MMR shot, which stinks, but it is what it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

You sure can! I took mine to my medical and they doctor was happy I did.

My little booklet still has a Hello Kitty sticker I put there when I was 5!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

To help answer your other questions - I noticed most of the other few people in the waiting room with us also had to go to the pharmacy inside the same building to purchase the vaccines they were missing. So - it seems like many people have to get updated on some of them. Here everyone is required to get a polio booster if you haven't had one in the past year. From what I've read here in other posts, to get that test that will show what you already have antibodies for (I think that's what it is) - it's apparently quite expensive so people just get the shots instead. I don't love vaccines at all but ... this is just one of the things you have to do as part of this process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.