bairesgirl

What happens if I have to move while waiting to take my test?

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!!!
I have a question for you and I hope you can help me....
I moved from CT to FL last in July last year and now my husband and I realized we don't really like it here and would like to move back up north..
The thing is, I sent the N400 form and all the paperwork back in June, I had my biometrics appointment in July and I haven't had any updates since then...

Do I have to stay in the same address until I move or if notify USCIS they can re direct my paperwork to the " new field office" in case I move?
How does it work??
Any help or info will be appreciated!
Thank you so much!!

You're required to file a change of address online (or with a paper form) within 10 days of your move. Here's a link for you: https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

Since you have a pending application for ROC with USCIS, you'll need to do the 2 steps mentioned on the linked page.

The sponsor (your husband, I assume) also has to let them know that as the sponsor of your I-864 (support), his address has changed as well: https://www.uscis.gov/i-865

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Hi there, I m actually applying for citizenship now...
For some reason I cannot update my timeline on my profile... tried several times.. so this s for the N400 form I sent back in June...
Apart from updating my address on my online case, do I have to do anything else?

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi there, I m actually applying for citizenship now...

For some reason I cannot update my timeline on my profile... tried several times.. so this s for the N400 form I sent back in June...

Apart from updating my address on my online case, do I have to do anything else?

This exact thing happened to me. I did biometrics then moved from VA to CO. I completed the online change of address form and that was all. USCIS took care of the rest. I changed my address on the 29th July and on 8th August they sent me my inetrview letter to my new address for the field office in my new state (like you it was actually my original state too, we moved from CO to VA then back again because I didn't really like VA).

That s great!!
Thanks for the info!
I just checked the uscis site and it seems the Jacksonville office ( my field office right now) is still reviewing applications from Feb!!! ( I sent my papers in June... :( and for Hartford it says the whole process takes about 5 months, that means if I was in CT I would probably have my interview around Nov....
The waiting game sucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.