NBA16

Married on first meeting in Iran- problem? (split)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

My husband and i met just once, i mean we were in long distance relationship for 2 years and we have our chat and email history, but we decided to get married in the first visit since we both were students (money issue) and we should have met in 3rd country, but we have many pics and chat history and we are planning to meet again in December since we both are graduated now, and maybe again later in spring or interview, will it still be a red flag?

We sent I-130 in late June so maybe we receive NOA2 in November or December

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Might be a red flag might not be a problem at all. What matters more is how many visits you have after marriage and before the interview and if you have any other red flags.

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Timeline

Might be a red flag might not be a problem at all. What matters more is how many visits you have after marriage and before the interview and if you have any other red flags.

Thanks for your help. No we don't have any other red flag, same religion and just 1 year age gap, we plan to meet again at least once and i collected our chat history which is about 10k pages and probably will be 20k pages until interview

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

anybody else may know if it will be a red flag for us or not? thanks

I honestly wouldn't worry about it, particularly since you can demonstrate how long you've known each other, continued contact, and have met all the other requirements for the petition. A BIG thing for the CO's to prove the relationship is the number of visits, but even more so is proof of financial ties...in particular, DEBT (Direct quote from the CO at our interview "Do you have any additional proof of relationship, in particular financial proof, most especially proof of combined debt"). Also, things like a will or power of attorney for healthcare, property are good too.

IF USCIS sends you an RFE, don't panic. Just send them what they ask for. Unlike at the NVC stage, USCIS doesn't send you to the back of the line when you respond to their request for additional documentation.

Like a previous poster said, make sure you see each other as often as you can as well.

Good luck!

Sept 4, 2015 - Priority date for I-130
January 29, 2016 - Case Approved
February __, 2016 - Received NOA2
February 17, 2016 - NVC Received Case
February 26, 2016 - Case Number and Invoice # Received (via phone call)
February 26, 2016 - Filed Designation of Agent
February 29, 2016 - AOS Fee Invoiced
February 29, 2016 - AOS Fee Paid - In Processing
February 29, 2016 - Called NVC Customer Service to Review DS-261
March 1, 2016 - IV Fee Invoiced
March 1, 2016 - IV Fee Paid - In Processing
March 2, 2016 - AOS Fee Shows Paid
March 3, 2016 - IV Fee Shows Paid
March 3, 2016 - Access DS 260
March 3, 2016 - Submit DS 260
March 4, 2016 - Affidavit of Support to NVC - sent by Mail with IV Packet
March 4, 2016 - IV Packet to NVC - sent by Mail with IV Packet
March 7, 2016 - AOS and IV Packet Received by NVC (called)
March 14, 2016 - Received email from NVC confirming scan date
March 24, 2016 - Scan Date #2 (sent in missing document before checklist would be issued).
May 2, 2016 - 3 N/As and called to confirm Case Complete at NVC
May 9, 2016 - Received email confirming Case Complete
May 9, 2016 - Called NVC - Interview Scheduled
May 10, 2016 - Received interview confirmation letter
May 11, 2016 - Scheduled Medical Exam
June 16, 2016 - Medical Exam
June 23, 2016 - Interview - Montreal
June 23, 2016 - Put into mandatory AP - we've been "MENA'd". :( Requested CV, all of hubby's engineering research papers, and additional financial proof of relationship.
June 29, 2016 - Mailed requested documents to Montreal Consulate. The waiting begins again.

September 14, 2016 - Consulate requested passport

September 21, 2016 - Mailed passport to Consulate

September 22, 2016 - Passport delivered to US Consulate mail facility

September 26, 2016 - CEAC shows "update"

September 27, 2016 - CEAC shows "update"

October 5, 2016 - Emailed Consulate to verify receipt of passport and ask about turn around timeline - "will reply within 2 business days"

October 11, 2016 - CEAC shows "update" (likely due to email sent 10/05/2016)

October 27, 2016 - CEAC shows "update" & Received email from Consulate confirming passport was received on 9/26/2016 and to allow 8 weeks for processing.

November 17, 2016 - CEAC shows "update" in the morning - still Administrative Processing.

November 17, 2016 around noon - CEAC shows "ISSUED".

Timeline

I honestly wouldn't worry about it, particularly since you can demonstrate how long you've known each other, continued contact, and have met all the other requirements for the petition. A BIG thing for the CO's to prove the relationship is the number of visits, but even more so is proof of financial ties...in particular, DEBT (Direct quote from the CO at our interview "Do you have any additional proof of relationship, in particular financial proof, most especially proof of combined debt"). Also, things like a will or power of attorney for healthcare, property are good too.

IF USCIS sends you an RFE, don't panic. Just send them what they ask for. Unlike at the NVC stage, USCIS doesn't send you to the back of the line when you respond to their request for additional documentation.

Like a previous poster said, make sure you see each other as often as you can as well.

Good luck!

thanks for your answer, yes i have proof since 2 years ago, we have emails and chats. but since i live in Iran, my husband and i can't have shared account (he can't have account here and i can't have anywhere else because i am only Iran's resident) but maybe since they are aware of sanctions, it would not be a problem.

yes we will visit once again but because of his job and the problem of visiting in 3rd country it may not be more than once (he has government job and he will be questioned if he travels here) i try to be positive toward it

thank you so much for your help.

Timeline

No problem I think marry first time...but he being from Iran will b a concern.good luck.we are still in Ap since aug2

thank you so much, i am from Iran, husband is USC and yes many Iranians are in AP, i hope your status will be clear soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.