JNAVY89

PCS ORDERS TO ITALY/VISA

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello all,

So my Australian wife is pregnant and stressing and I am just stressing to say the least. We submitted our petition for the i-485 and it was accepted in April. My wife has not recieved her green card and her status is "Adjustment of Status". I was unexpectedly and with little notice selected for orders to Naples, Italy and will be departing Nov 9th.

Firstly, I have called USCIS and requested for an expedition of her green card to due overseas pcs orders. Upon request I faxed a cover sheet, letter explaining the situation and my orders with her name on them. Was this the right thing to do?

Secondly, we are having troubles figuring out what is required of my wife for Italy to give her the Mission visa required to stay in Italy for the entirity of my orders (She is on my orders). I am assuming she is applying for a visa as an Australian citizen? I am still learning the ropes of international travel. It's very different from arriving on an aircraft carrier, any kind of help or advice would really be appreciate. I really don't want to seperate from my wife or miss the birth of my first child.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Have you spoken with your unit? JAG? A friend of mine was in this position - she was the one adjusting status and they were due to PCS to Aviano - and they literally wouldn't let him PCS until her AOS was approved and she had her green card in hand. They joined his unit in Italy a little after the original PCS date.

Naples is stunning by the by, enjoy your time there ^.^

event.png

Have you tried calling the Military help line? They gave us the info on how to expedite our case due to PCS.

About the visa: http://www.italy.army.mil/passports.asp

http://www.public.navy.mil/fcc-c10f/nctsnaples/Pages/PassportsandVisas.aspx

Make sure you talk to the passport office. They should be able to help you.

Edited by kireinamida

I-130/CR1 DCF ~ US Embassy Seoul
May 10, 2013 - I-130 Filed
May 13, 2013 - Received E-Packet 3

May 14, 2013 - Received E-Packet 4

May 14, 2013 - Medical ~ Yeouido St. Mary's Hospital
May 16, 2013 - Interview ~ US Embassy Seoul
APPROVED!!

May 20, 2013 - Passport and Visa in hand

:star: Completed in 7 business days!! :star:

N-400 319(e) Overseas Naturalization ~ Frankfurt

July 6, 2016 - N-400 Sent with fingerprints

July 12, 2016 - N-400 Delivered

July 20, 2016 - NOA

Aug 17, 2016 - Interview Letter

Aug 18, 2016 - Interview and Oath PASSED!!

:star: Completed in 40 days!! :star:

(L) I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!! (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

We have contacted USCIS and requested out case be expedited due to overseas orders. We sent them a copy of our orders and a letter explaining the situation. This was a few days ago and we have not received a response. I am unsure how long I should wait before calling again.

I think we called every week to make sure they were tracking our case. If you don't get a response by Tuesday, I suggest calling again to confirm if they received your orders/request.

Edited by kireinamida

I-130/CR1 DCF ~ US Embassy Seoul
May 10, 2013 - I-130 Filed
May 13, 2013 - Received E-Packet 3

May 14, 2013 - Received E-Packet 4

May 14, 2013 - Medical ~ Yeouido St. Mary's Hospital
May 16, 2013 - Interview ~ US Embassy Seoul
APPROVED!!

May 20, 2013 - Passport and Visa in hand

:star: Completed in 7 business days!! :star:

N-400 319(e) Overseas Naturalization ~ Frankfurt

July 6, 2016 - N-400 Sent with fingerprints

July 12, 2016 - N-400 Delivered

July 20, 2016 - NOA

Aug 17, 2016 - Interview Letter

Aug 18, 2016 - Interview and Oath PASSED!!

:star: Completed in 40 days!! :star:

(L) I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!! (L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.