ashleykay

New job - What evidence can we give?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

My fiance has recently started a new job and we are in the process of gathering information for his Financial Support form. What information can we give to ensure they know he earns over the threshold (Which he earns well over)?

Letter from the employer stating hes employed full time earning an annual of X amount?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Letter from employer stating salary and that the job is long term and stable is god, but what he really needs is paystubs.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Letter from employer stating salary and that the job is long term and stable is god, but what he really needs is paystubs.

That's what I did and it worked for our visa. Started a new job about 6 weeks before the Visa interview.

K1 Visa

5-04-16 – Mailed I-129F

5-12-16 - NOA 1

7-18-16 - NOA 2

7-25-16 - Hard copy of NOA 2

8-03-16 - NVC case number assigned

8-09-16 – Consulate received

8-24-16 – Interview date @ USEM - Approved!

9-16-16 - CFO completed in Cebu

9-22-16 - P.O.E. Boston, MA

10-08-16 - Wedding!

AOS

10-29-16 - Submitted AOS with EAD/AP applications

11-02-16 - AOS package delivered to USCIS Chicago lockbox

11-16-16 - NOA1 Text message with receipt numbers

11-21-16 - Received NOA1 Hard Copies
12-05-16 - Biometrics

02-14-17 - Received EAD/AP Combo card

04-24-17 - Received notification of AOS approval w/o interview

04-27-17 - Received hard copy of AOS approval

05-03-17 - Received Green card

ROC

04-08-19 - Submitted ROC Form I-751 

04-26-19 - Received I-797 NOA Hard copy

05-17-19 - Received I-797C NOA Biometrics Appt.

12-17-20. Interview: approved

12-26-20 Received Green card

N400 citizenship 

09-29-20 Submitted N400 form

10-07-20 Received NOA

12-28-20 Interview: approved 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

It seems like the NZ embassy is asking for copies of previously filed taxes as well. I don't know how consistently they are doing this though. I happened to chat with another NZ member here who didn't bring their taxes to their interview in April because based on what the U.S. site indicates, it doesn't mention needing this unless the petitioner is self-employed; however, they asked her for it. Therefore, I provided my fiance with a letter from my employer and my last years taxes (well, 2 years, but I had a specific reason as to why I wanted to do that) just in case. He had his interview this past Wednesday and they did ask for copies of my taxes. Thankfully I took the extra step.

Edited by Goldie&Andrew

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It seems like the NZ embassy is asking for copies of previously filed taxes as well. I don't know how consistently they are doing this though. I happened to chat with another NZ member here who didn't bring their taxes to their interview in April because based on what the U.S. site indicates, it doesn't mention needing this unless the petitioner is self-employed; however, they asked her for it. Therefore, I provided my fiance with a letter from my employer and my last years taxes (well, 2 years, but I had a specific reason as to why I wanted to do that) just in case. He had his interview this past Wednesday and they did ask for copies of my taxes. Thankfully I took the extra step.

Most consulates ask for the most recent tax return with the I-134, just like they would for an I-864. The I-134 is/was used for other non-immigrant visa applications, and was not really intended for a special visa type K, which has immigrant intent and is processed through the immigrant visa units of the consulates. For the K-1, they tend to follow the I-864 guidelines, since that affidavit will be needed soon after entry and marriage within the US.

A consulate's specific instructions should state if the tax return is required, but they do not always. When they don't give specifics, it is best to follow what it is needed for the I-864.

The Foreign Affairs Manual also states to ask for the taxes with an I-134>

https://fam.state.go...9FAM030208.html

(3) Use of Form I-134:

(e) To substantiate the information regarding income and resources, the sponsor should attach to the affidavit a copy of the latest Federal income tax return filed prior to the signing of the Form I-134, including all supporting schedules. If you determine that the tax return and/or additional evidence in the file do not establish the sponsor's financial ability to carry out the commitment toward the immigrant for what might be an indefinite period of time, or there is a specific reason (other than the passage of time) to question the veracity of the income stated on the Form I-134 or the accompanying document(s), you should request additional evidence (i.e., statement from an employer showing the sponsor's salary and the length and permanency of employment, recent pay statements, or other financial data).

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.