RobertM54

K-1 adjudication process question

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This is a Q&A with a former adjudicator (HUSKERKIEV ). 2007 time frame so it is a bit dated.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/adjudicator-q-and-a

There is a very good background post here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/220499-k-1-petition-information/

This explains what a "touch" is

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/20192-touched/#

It may be that the answers to these questions are not knowable.

From the first thread I inferred the process at the time was:

File arrives at the center and is scanned in. That is the touch that is after the NOA1 date (for me NOA1 was 6/20 and the last update was 6/23).

It is boxed up with about 50 other files and put on a shelf. --> This process may be very dated. It is possible that the cases are allocated by some electronic scheme now. Can anyone confirm what happens now?

Adjudicators pull boxes to work. The goal is to pull boxes in roughly the order in which they arrived.

Once they have a box the adjudicator scans all of the files into his queue. This should result in a touch. Can anybody confirm this? What I am looking for is: does a touch still happen when a case enters an adjudicator's queue-however that happens now?

It may be that cases are now allocated via a computer selection algorithm one at a time when an adjudicator is ready to work a new case. If true, that begs the question why there is such a broad range of dates between cases that have been approved and those that are still sitting on the shelf without a touch.

However cases are allocate these days, the routine cases are then worked fairly quickly: in as little as 15 minutes. Read the thread for all the things that happen.

So it looks like at any given time and for whatever reasons, adjudicators are pulling boxes (or otherwise getting cases allocated to them) with cases spread over a 2-3 week moving window, Since my case has not been touched since it arrived at CSC, my guess is it is still sitting in a box (or the electronic equivalent) with the rest of the cases from my week that have not yet been pulled by an adjudicator.

So I look several times a day for a touch that indicates my case has now been given to an adjudicator.

I would love to see any additional insight this group has into the processes at CSC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.