kmking

cr1 denied

34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My cr1 visa was denied with 221g. What's does it mean. After the interview the Co told me my two children 10 yrs and 3 years, she suspect am still in relationships with their mother and since i gave been in relationships for my previous girl friend for ten years,so she can't grant me a visa.so my case is sending back to uscis. My wife is here and we are very worried and disappointed. What does 221g means

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My cr1 visa was denied with 221g. What's does it mean. After the interview the Co told me my two children 10 yrs and 3 years, she suspect am still in relationships with their mother and since i gave been in relationships for my previous girl friend for ten years,so she can't grant me a visa.so my case is sending back to uscis. My wife is here and we are very worried and disappointed. What does 221g means

221G. Is refusal to grant visa.

Your case will be back to USCIS and they will send you letter explaining reason.

You can file 601 waver for CR1 with good lawyer and see if that helps you.

Want to Speed up NVC Process ?

Check Guides From Guide section for doccuments and list of stuff and follow this steps

Step 1 After USCIS NOA2 Gather all AOS / IV Package Documents In 3 weeks

Between USCIS Approving and NVC Case Number you have 2 to 3 weeks gather all AOS and IV Documents Get package ready.

Step 2 Obtain NVC Invoice and Case number.

​After 2 weeks of NOA2 Keep on Calling NVC every day to get case number And Invoice number

Step 3 Pay First Fee and DS261

After getting NVC Case Number and Invoice Number Log in to webpage Pay First Fee and Fill out DS261 Takes 24 to 38 Hr to get fee status paid.

Step 4 Conform Agent / Ds261 Over Phone and Sent out Documents

Once First fee turns Paid Online ( Usualy 24 to 48 hr) Call NVC And conform choice of agent over Phone If they won't keep on calling them Until someone will Or other fee won't be unlocked.Also Once you get Welcome letter on email Print out Document Checklist sheet And Sent in your documents to NVC

Step 5 Pay Other Fee and Fill out DS260 (Total time from DS 261 to here should be no longer then 15 days )

​Step 6 Conform Document delivery AT NVC And Ask them Processing Time..

Step 7 Check For CC ( Hopefully no REF )

Call them every other day 2 weeks from DS260 and Check status.. Also Check Online NVC Page If you have 3 N/A your case Complete! Congratulation you are almost done.

Step 8 48 Hr After CC Conformation Call NVC For appointment for interview

Congratulation On your NVC CC AND Good Luck with Interview

Need Help? Feel free to contact me Or Post in appropriate forum section

​Like my suggestion ?

Rep would be nice for help.

Help other and spread Knowledge!

Timeline

They ask me how long have I been in relationship with my ex girl friend. I mean my children mother, and I told them 10 years and she say while am with her for ten years, she think am still with her due to what I said and I told her am no more with her for the past 3 to 4 years . And she said no so don't believe so my case is sending back to uscis.

Bro to be frank am no more with her my friends know, my neibours,my family, her family they all know I have breakup, with her and am now married to usc. The point is since I told her I have been with her for 10 years, she think am still with my ex girlfriend I mean my children mother. I have no Marriage record even if they cross check.

Timeline

At that time she was in school, with the second born she got admission to nursing training, so I raised them by myself, when she was in nursing school she abounded me because now her education is higher than me ,she don't take me for anything, oneday I travel to were she was doing her clinical. She did not even look at me, she let me sleep out because she was with another man at her room ,the next day morning she told me ,she can't be in relationship with me any more I went back to Kumasi with much tears. She change her number,I even got broken heart, so two years without seeing her, so a year later I found my usc. That's all my story. I raised my children by myself and my mum.

Timeline

how long have you been with your USC wife?

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I can't be the only one to find that phrase odd. My husband is my husband. I would never refer to him as "my USC".

I completely agree. Who calls their spouse a USC and he used that phrase multiply times.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Typing error, she is 4 years,we breakup 3 years ago

You seem to make mistakes like this, just like you told the CO you have been with your ex for 10 years, why didn't

you say that relationship ended at such and such month/year.

You need to get your thoughts together and be consistent with the ages and dates of your relationships.

How can you get your child's age wrong ?

The gap is very short between ending the relationship with the ex and meeting your wife.

You never married the mother of your children but jumped into a marriage with a USC.

It appears to the CO as though you are using her for immigration purposes.

Your wife will have to respond to the NOID/NOIR letter she will receive from USCIS and submit evidence that

you both have a genuine relationship. The time currently is about a year to 18 months from return of case to re affirmation.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I can't be the only one to find that phrase odd. My husband is my husband. I would never refer to him as "my USC". The fact that he was born and raised in the USA is arbitrary to me. I didn't even know he was American when he first caught my eye. And he would never call me his "British citizen". I'm his wife. We have pet names for each other like most couples do but to strangers I refer to him always as "my husband".

I'm trying to figure out the time scale. You broke up with your girlfriend 3 years ago. The CR-1 has already run the full application course so you must have been married at least a year by now because it takes that long for the length of a CR-1. There was a one-year gap between leaving the girlfriend and meeting your wife. So you only knew your wife a year when you filed? How many times did you see each other in that time? Who has custody of the children?

Makes so much sense.. when i read that statement it stood out to me too! I thought probably because of his vocabulary, but it almost sounds like he is referring to a "pot of gold" when he says usc lol.. well all i would say is this guy seems a little shady lol...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

"My USC". WOW anyway. You messed up when you said you have been in a relationship for 10 years. You are not in a relationship with another woman you are married. I am sure the CO saw no love or certainty there.

You should have made it plain she is the mother of your children nothing more. Did the CO even hear you speak like you did to us about YOU raised the kids after she abandoned them? Instead you say you are in a relationship.

Well you have about 12 to 18 months to sit and wait on this. I suggest your wife makes trips at least every 6 months. You are still married so the marriage union must still continue.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.