willow1948

Married to permanent green card holder 9yrs 2mo's found out he Fathered a child who is now 7 yrs old during our marriage with another woman.

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

I had sponsored my Mexican citizen ex-husband for 9 yrs and 2 months; and now: as of Feb 17th, 2013, divorced him and just recently found out during our marriage he fathered a child with another woman, the child is now 7 yrs old, and I've been divorced from him 3 years now. This means he fathered a child the last 4 years we were still married unknown to me. He became very abusive and emotionally cruel. We no longer had intimate relations the last 4 years we were married and now I know why. He ended up marrying this other woman May 15, 2014, and they recently bought a huge house valued at $310,000 Jan 20 2015. I am not sure if he has obtained his Naturalization for US .Citizenship, but I do believe he violated his green card rights by fathering a child out of wedlock and continued to be married to me for 4 more years. He had his green card 10 yr permanent resident card the entire time we were married 9 years and 2 months. I believe he deceived me. Are their any penalities that can be held against him if he tries to get his Naturalization or can he be deported due to the deception during our marriage and fathering a ####### child? I just found out from a friend who saw his Facebook page and that of his wife and a picture of his Daughter. This needless to say has further devastated me and made me realize he was living 2 lives during our marriage and having another family unknown to me. I had gone through alot with this man traveling to Mexico 3 times at my expense and going for interview at American consulate for our marriage to end up my living an abusive existence the last 3-4 years being married and being horribly emotionally abused and demeaned. I need to know if there are any Legal avenues for Immigration to take against him. To deport him or bar him with a penality of 5 more years before he can pursue a Naturalization. This has turned into a total waste of many years and pain mentallly for me. Thanks for any info you can provide. Willow 1948

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I had sponsored my Mexican citizen ex-husband for 9 yrs and 2 months; and now: as of Feb 17th, 2013, divorced him and just recently found out during our marriage he fathered a child with another woman, the child is now 7 yrs old, and I've been divorced from him 3 years now. This means he fathered a child the last 4 years we were still married unknown to me. He became very abusive and emotionally cruel. We no longer had intimate relations the last 4 years we were married and now I know why. He ended up marrying this other woman May 15, 2014, and they recently bought a huge house valued at $310,000 Jan 20 2015. I am not sure if he has obtained his Naturalization for US .Citizenship, but I do believe he violated his green card rights by fathering a child out of wedlock and continued to be married to me for 4 more years. He had his green card 10 yr permanent resident card the entire time we were married 9 years and 2 months. I believe he deceived me. Are their any penalities that can be held against him if he tries to get his Naturalization or can he be deported due to the deception during our marriage and fathering a ####### child? I just found out from a friend who saw his Facebook page and that of his wife and a picture of his Daughter. This needless to say has further devastated me and made me realize he was living 2 lives during our marriage and having another family unknown to me. I had gone through alot with this man traveling to Mexico 3 times at my expense and going for interview at American consulate for our marriage to end up my living an abusive existence the last 3-4 years being married and being horribly emotionally abused and demeaned. I need to know if there are any Legal avenues for Immigration to take against him. To deport him or bar him with a penality of 5 more years before he can pursue a Naturalization. This has turned into a total waste of many years and pain mentallly for me. Thanks for any info you can provide. Willow 1948

I feel for you, and can help you with this link, you can report the person as taken immigration advantage from your marriage. https://www.uscis.gov/avoid-scams/report-immigration-scams

On the other side of the coin, if you want you can file case for his infidelity, spousal abuse & possibly economic fraud. I don't think in this case the Statute of limitations must be over yet. So you must still be able to have him a go through the prosecution process. Police or Lawyer will be able to help you. But you can contact USCIS too, see what they can do now that you had voluntarily removed the 2 year conditions when he must have got the 10 year green card. The abuse & infidelity case will affect his naturalization case, and if he is seeking any immigration benefit for the other woman. Please keep the children out of it, and don't abuse them even in XXXXXX. Children are god's own image and they are not the one involved in any wrongdoing here.

Good luck

01/25/2010....Came to USA on F1 Visa

01/25/2012... Finished School B.S. Computer Science

04/19/2013.....Married!! to USC

AOS----timeline

05/28/2013.....I-130, I-485,I-131 & I-765 Packets Received at Chicago Lockbox

06/06/2013....NOA Texts and Emails received, 4 in total, as i filled 4 x G1145

06/06/2013....Checks Cashed

06/07/2013....NOAs in the mail

06/12/2013....Biometrics Appointment for "6/28/2013" "Warning: Case will be considered abandoned if you don't show for appointment" LOL

06/18/2013...Walk in Biometrics done, reached at 7:50 am, got out at 8:20 am

07/15/2013... Notice Received, Interview scheduled for Aug 20th dancin5hr.gif

08/10/2013... EAD Combo Card received says "Valid for Travel outside the USA"

08/20/2013... iNTERVIEW at Downtown LA. Approved

08/29/2013... Permanent Resident Card Received

I-751-----timeline

05/22/2015....I-751 Applied

06/xx/2015....NOA Received

06/20/2015....Called USCIS filed complaint-No Biometrics appointment, rude people

07/21/2015....Biometrics appointment

08/10/2015...Walk in into USCIS field office for I-551 stamp in passport for 1 year

10/29/2015...Approval Email

11/03/2015...Permanent Resident Card Received

N-400-----timeline

05/29/2016....N-400 Applied

06/02/2016....Acceptance Email/Text

06/08/2016....Biometrics Scheduled for 6/21/2016

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks to everyone on their replies. My ex husband lied to me alot. He thought he was in fact concealing his double life and he did quite well, but I can read a little Spanish and 2 times caught him with his cell phone and a woman had emailed him 2 months after his 14 month wait in Mexico to get his green card. I approached him about this so obviously he was already involved with another US citizen of Mexican heritage even before he left for Mexico. I traveled to Ciudad Juarez to join him to pick up his packet at the American Embassy, we picked up the packet and crossed the border on December 4, 2006. 2 months after he got back home to our house in Dallas, Tx on Valentines Day, I had gone to pick up donuts in his SUV and discovered in the seat a CD with a womans hand writing in silver ink written in Spanish to Mi Amor S.........l and professing her love to him. This is only 8 wks after his return from a 14 month absence. I approached him about this and he denied and lied and said a friend of his did this as a joke. From that point on I didn't trust him. So 7 years later we divorced, 4 of those years were brutal. He would cuss me out on a daily basis, call me names, told me not to bother him on his cell phone. When we would go out to dinner he never talked to me but would constantly be texting this woman the entire time we were at the restaurant. At the end of our marriage and his numerous throwing food at me across the counter and I quit cooking and threatened my life I kicked him out. He paid for our divorce willingly and not 3 yrs later have opened a Pandora's box. He even admitted to me over private messaging that the little girl in the picture is his Daughter born out of wedlock as illigetiment. I had no clue, but this is bitter sweet. I carried him on my work health insurance and it costs me $110 a month and he never offered to reimburse me. I was so hurt during our divorce that I didn't ask for the $9200 back over 7 years. Now that I have found this out I am seriously thinking of hiring an Atty. to sue him to recoup this monies. He had BCBS full coverage medical and dental insurance and even had a back surgery. Look how I ended up. Taken advantage of. This is enough to really make a decent woman really emotionally sick even though we are divorced. I really appreciate everyones input. Think I'll contact the Attorney who did his papers for us to see if he can find out if he has already Naturalized with USCIS knowing he had fathered a child out of wedlock while we were still married. His admission in writing I still have from FB private posts. That is enough to really get him into trouble. This is just one BAD example how a person wasted 10 years of their life for what,,,,,emotional devastation. Thanks again!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

What happened to you is definitely sad, but as said, he will probably not get into trouble from immigration point of view just because he fathered his child out of wedlock. It's time to move on.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There is a more specific site that has similar cases, www.immigrate2us.net.

The ones I have seen usually involve a second 'wife' and family n Mexico, divorce and then petitions for 'wife' and family.

Not sure how common it is, certainly not unknown.

Anyway all water under the bridge in your case.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

You are not going to get the answers that you are looking for.

You can't prevent him from becoming a USC now.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

How do you know it is his biological daughter?

My husband also calls my son for his son even though it is not his bio son. Could it be that your ex have taken that girl in as his own and thats why he write daughter on facebook?

How do you know it is his biological daughter?

My husband also calls my son for his son even though it is not his bio son. Could it be that your ex have taken that girl in as his own and thats why he write daughter on facebook?

What difference would it make? :)

AOS

03/24/11 - Got married in the Boogie-Down Bronx, NYC!
04/21/11 - Mailed I-130,I-765, I-485, I-864 and I-693 - Day 00

04/23/11 - Application delivered - Day 02
04/28/11 - NOA (most forms) - Day 07
05/03/11 - Checks cashed - Day 12
05/31/11 - Biometrics completed in the Bronx, NYC - Day 40
06/24/11 - Received someone else's employment authorization card!!! What the...? - Day 64
07/01/11 - Mailed the poor lady's card back after calling USCIS - Day 71
07/07/11 - Received poor lady's interview notice! What??? - Day 77
07/15/11 - Received my own EAD card - Day 85
08/12/11 - Interview. Approved on the spot! - Day 113
08/18/11 - Received card in the mail - Day 119

ROC
05/28/13 - Mailed I-751 - Day 00

05/30/13 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/31/13 - NOA I-797 - Day 03
06/04/13 - Check cashed - Day 07

06/06/13 - NOA delivered to my home/Biometrics letter generated - Day 09

06/10/13 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail - Day 13

06/27/13 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 30

09/10/13 - Application approved! - Day 105

09/14/13 - 10 year Green Card received! - Day 109

Citizenship

05/10/16 - Mailed N-400 - Day 00

05/12/16 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/13/16 - Credit card payment accepted - Day 03

05/17/16 - Received text & email update - Day 07

05/20/16 - Received 1st NOA (dated 05/13/16) & created ELIS acct - Day 10

05/21/16 - Received 2nd NOA (dated 05/16/16) confirming my DOB and address - Day 11

05/22/06 - Biometrics scheduled (online update) and appt letter was mailed on 05/20/16 - Day 12

05/24/06 - Biometrics letter became viewable online (appt scheduled for 06/07/16) - Day 14

05/27/16 - Received Biometrics letter in mail - Day 17

05/31/16 - Was denied walk-in fingerprints with just 1 person left in line. Milwaukee office, boo! - Day 21

06/07/16 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 28

12/21/16 - Passed Citizenship test/Interview was successful! - Day 197

01/26/17 - I am a US citizen!!! - Day 233

Not one thing under the sun you can do to prevent him from getting his naturalization, so best to just try to put the whole horrible mess behind you.

If you want revenge, it's going to poison your life. You'll feel better, I hope, if you can just burn all his photos, do yourself a little dance that you're free of him, and move on with your life.

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.