Thesmiths2016

question about original documents and also police certs

2 posts in this topic

Hi all

We just had our i130 approved and are moving onto NVC stage. For those who have been through the process I just wanted some clarification on a couple of things.

1) I know I can provide photocopies of my marriage cert, police checks, birth certificate etc at NVC stage but need originals at the interview. Do they keep the originals or hand them back during the interview. I'm wondering if I should order a certified copy of my marriage cert as I don't want to give up our one and only orginal.

2) police cert validity. Is the length of valid time different pr country, or do the embassy have a set "must be less than x months old for all? I have to order them from 3 countries so I'm trying to time it right.

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all

We just had our i130 approved and are moving onto NVC stage. For those who have been through the process I just wanted some clarification on a couple of things.

1) I know I can provide photocopies of my marriage cert, police checks, birth certificate etc at NVC stage but need originals at the interview. Do they keep the originals or hand them back during the interview. I'm wondering if I should order a certified copy of my marriage cert as I don't want to give up our one and only orginal.

2) police cert validity. Is the length of valid time different pr country, or do the embassy have a set "must be less than x months old for all? I have to order them from 3 countries so I'm trying to time it right.

Copy of stuff sent at NVC take all original and second copy at Intervew they will check original and after Intervew return original stuff. Just to be safe aside have second certified copy / true copy / second original for your self.

Police certificate order now I think they expire every 6 months or they don't accept older then 6 months. So start getting them.

Also at NVC stage got to push them / call them lot rather then waiting for them to reply. Example call and get case number

Pay fee and DS261 call again and verify agent over phone. Submit Doccunents Pay another fee Call again for DS260 Unlock

Call again everyday and see if they reviewed Doccunents or not yet. Will get your case process faster otherwise long wait

Want to Speed up NVC Process ?

Check Guides From Guide section for doccuments and list of stuff and follow this steps

Step 1 After USCIS NOA2 Gather all AOS / IV Package Documents In 3 weeks

Between USCIS Approving and NVC Case Number you have 2 to 3 weeks gather all AOS and IV Documents Get package ready.

Step 2 Obtain NVC Invoice and Case number.

​After 2 weeks of NOA2 Keep on Calling NVC every day to get case number And Invoice number

Step 3 Pay First Fee and DS261

After getting NVC Case Number and Invoice Number Log in to webpage Pay First Fee and Fill out DS261 Takes 24 to 38 Hr to get fee status paid.

Step 4 Conform Agent / Ds261 Over Phone and Sent out Documents

Once First fee turns Paid Online ( Usualy 24 to 48 hr) Call NVC And conform choice of agent over Phone If they won't keep on calling them Until someone will Or other fee won't be unlocked.Also Once you get Welcome letter on email Print out Document Checklist sheet And Sent in your documents to NVC

Step 5 Pay Other Fee and Fill out DS260 (Total time from DS 261 to here should be no longer then 15 days )

​Step 6 Conform Document delivery AT NVC And Ask them Processing Time..

Step 7 Check For CC ( Hopefully no REF )

Call them every other day 2 weeks from DS260 and Check status.. Also Check Online NVC Page If you have 3 N/A your case Complete! Congratulation you are almost done.

Step 8 48 Hr After CC Conformation Call NVC For appointment for interview

Congratulation On your NVC CC AND Good Luck with Interview

Need Help? Feel free to contact me Or Post in appropriate forum section

​Like my suggestion ?

Rep would be nice for help.

Help other and spread Knowledge!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.