ankush

Is there anyway I can bring my wife to US while her spouse visa is processing?

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Seniors is there anyway I can bring my wife to US from India while her spouse visa is processing, I am US Citizen. It was arranged marriage and it has been 6 months since I filed her papers. I am noticing her going out to cafes with her ex boyfriend which is making me uncomfortable and she will not take it in a right way if I tell her to stop. She's taking pictures with other guys in very close manner which only boyfriend or husband should only get that close. I can't sleep at night thinking of her pictures. :clock:

Timeline

There is a short list of reason to expedite and jealousy is not one of them. IF you aren't sure that she is the one divorce and move on.

I want to go live with her until her visa gets processed but I am assuming I have to show I have a job in US in order for her visa to get processed without any hassles.

Timeline

Two scenarios:

1. You could just be overthinking and jealous: She could just be a modern type girl unlike traditional Indian girls from rural areas. She might simply be hanging out with her friends (guys or girls). In that case you are just overthinking and you should refrain yourself in thinking that way which might hamper the relationship in the long run. Let the immigration process run at its own pace. You could just be few months away for getting together.

2. You could be right: If what you are saying about your newlywed wife is true, if she is really having affair in your absence, isn't it best to be away from her? Isn't it best not to bring her here coz you don't know if in fact she is like that, she could do the same even after coming to the US.

She lied about not having boyfriend before marriage but I found out. So it's making me hard to trust her but still want to bring her here and give her a chance for 6 months or 1 year before I file for divorce. I just want to go be with her now so I can see if she continues to be this way. I really wish I can find a way to be with her now and not needing a co sponsor.

Have a conversation with her. Tell her you want to go be with her because the distance is making you uncomfortable.

You can put the whole immigration process on hold. You say this was an arranged marriage so you may really not know her. So it is in your best interest for you two to actually spend some time together.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Are you sure she wasn't forced into the marriage ? And has a love interest ? Is she truly in love with you ? I mean it is arranged does she feel the visa is arranged too ?

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Timeline

Are you sure she wasn't forced into the marriage ? And has a love interest ? Is she truly in love with you ? I mean it is arranged does she feel the visa is arranged too ?

There were few other lies as well and interference from her step mother sisters giving her training on how to control husband. After living with her for 20 days and coming back to US as I found these lies I confronted her and lectured her a few times. I later checked her facebook history and all which showed she's searching for ex boyfriend name until this day on facebook. She also went to cafe with another friend who gets really close to her and almost leaning on her while taking pictures. I confronted her on that as well and now she's being more sneaky. I really don't want her if she don't have any respect for this marriage and want to keep sleeping with ex boyfriend or other guy friend. It's driving me insane, I can't sleep more then 4 hours each night. I haven't told her yet that I found out about her exboyfriend because her step mother wants the marriage to not work out and get alimony. I have worked way to hard to lose it all to this girl.

Edited by ankush

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits, from IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures - As this forum often discusses similar topics.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you file to divorce her in the US (while she is still in India), then you most likely won't have to pay her ANYTHING. If you wait for her to get to the US first, and then later file to divorce her here, you might end up being on the hook to pay her alimony. It's much better to do it now and stop her I-130/spouse visa process before she gets the visa and green card.

Edited by B&Z

My Convoluted Story (see my profile for more details)
Jun 2009 - Met on Facebook
Mar 2010 - Visited Morocco for the first time, got engaged
Dec 30, 2011 - Wedding in Morocco (5th visit)
I-130/CR-1 (first time around)
31 Aug 2012 - Priority Date (Vermont, transferred to NBC)
31 Dec 2012 - NOA2
27Jul 2013 - Broke up/Separation (while waiting for case complete at NVC)
9 Jan 2014 - Filed for divorce in US (never completed)
4 Apr 2014 - USCIS NOIR
May 2015 - Reconciliation
Nov 2015 - Vacation together in Spain (7th in-person visit with each other)
I-130/IR-1 (second time around)
4 Feb 2016 - Priority Date
19 Apr 2016 - NOA2

17 May 2016 - NVC Case Number Assigned

31 May 2016 - Sent AOS/IV package to NVC

5 Jul 2016 - NVC Case Complete

10 Aug 2016 - Medical Exam

25 Aug 2016 - Interview - APPROVED

1 Sep 2016 - Husband picked up his visa

Husband POE'd @ IAD - 5 November

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.