101 posts in this topic

Is it mandatory for petitioner to assist the interview?

How are documents sent for NVC?

How or when should it contact NVC for case number, pin and invoice?

Can any fees be paid by petitioner?

Can petitioner sign for affidative of support if income is more the poverty level?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hey there- no in most embassies it's not mandatory to go to the interview with the beneficiary. Some embassies don't even allow it but I would still check on your embassy website or specific country portal to see if it's required because some embassies ask the petitioner to be there.

Documents are sent from USCIS to NVC by mail and you should start calling them about 2 weeks after your approval date. Don't get nervous if it's not there in 2 weeks because there's been a backlog with USCIS to NVC receiving the cases.

After NVC tells you on the phone they received your case they usually assign a case number with 1-3 days (that's what I've been seeing lately) so you would have to call them back.

Yes fees can be paid by petitioner.

Yes the petitioner can sign if they are above poverty level etc and aren't using a co sponsor.

Hope this helps and anyone correct me if I'm wrong. I've read a lot and this is all the information I have gathered! Good luck :)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Seychelles
Timeline

Is it mandatory for petitioner to assist the interview?

How are documents sent for NVC?

How or when should it contact NVC for case number, pin and invoice?

Can any fees be paid by petitioner?

Can petitioner sign for affidative of support if income is more the poverty level?

So, are you in Armenia or Dominican Republic. your timeline shows two different countries and each county has a different processing and procedures or requirements.

In Armenia petitioner can't be at the interview...DR , yes ...just as an example

Edited by pch1

I'm so nervous, I am traveling for my bday wknd to Dom. rep. To celebrate with my fiance in sept. Now, my dilema is that NVC has not yet Rec'd my package and I'm scared that the interview can be around the same time of my vac.

DR likes the petitioner there more than not. Im going to mine its on the 19th

I was approved on june 25 and nvc received on the 20 of this month case arrived today to the embassy.

I got my noa2

Did ds 160

Paid 265 banco popular when case number received

Schedueled interview when case in transit.

Case will be ready in a few more days which is the norm.

Give 10 days to be safe from medical to interview.

Bio can be done its the FOC after you pay fees and scheduele.

For the medical you need the letter from NVC.

Create your account in travel docs and fill out ds160 :D

Good luck i would go if they wanna see you and you are not there you will be put in ap until you come to be interviewed.

Again DR likes K1 petitioners there more than not.

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Hey there- no in most embassies it's not mandatory to go to the interview with the beneficiary. Some embassies don't even allow it but I would still check on your embassy website or specific country portal to see if it's required because some embassies ask the petitioner to be there.

Documents are sent from USCIS to NVC by mail and you should start calling them about 2 weeks after your approval date. Don't get nervous if it's not there in 2 weeks because there's been a backlog with USCIS to NVC receiving the cases.

After NVC tells you on the phone they received your case they usually assign a case number with 1-3 days (that's what I've been seeing lately) so you would have to call them back.

Yes fees can be paid by petitioner.

Yes the petitioner can sign if they are above poverty level etc and aren't using a co sponsor.

Hope this helps and anyone correct me if I'm wrong. I've read a lot and this is all the information I have gathered! Good luck :)

thank you so very much!

I was approved on june 25 and nvc received on the 20 of this month case arrived today to the embassy.

I got my noa2

Did ds 160

Good luck i would go if they wanna see you and you are not there you will be put in ap until you come to be interviewed.

thank you so very much!

Timeline

I'm so nervous, I am traveling for my bday wknd to Dom. rep. To celebrate with my fiance in sept. Now, my dilema is that NVC has not yet Rec'd my package and I'm scared that the interview can be around the same time of my vac.

Your NOA2 dated 7/20 you still have sometime before your case at NVC... at least a month by looking at members lately and then time for the file to be sent to DR , then then then... you follow the instruction on proceeding with K1 visa application...... u have time to vacation

Edited by pch1

Fees cannot be paid from the US UNLESS you have a Banco popular acct and you can do a money transfer if not send fiancee the monies. You need to set up travel docs account and get you receipt from there. It is 265 at what ever exchange rate is i paid 12,191.00 dominican pesos on tuesday :D account will let you schedule next business day

Edited by Anitafeliz

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

I got my noa2

Did ds 160

Good Luck to you!!!

see when I was reading up on petitioner being in the interview under USCIS some parts says yes some says no but not mandatory. I also read on some post here that some petitioner did not attend and case was approved.

This part for me is confusing. I have went to DR embassy in the past for a different case because receipt stated that I had to attend.

I appreciate it!

Your NOA2 dated 7/20 you still have sometime before your case at NVC... at least a month by looking at members lately and then time for the file to be sent to DR , then then then... you follow the instruction on proceeding with K1 visa application...... u have time to vacation

It is country specific as already mentioned. In the DR it is recommended that the petitioner attends the interview.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I really don't know if the interview date will be prior to my vac.date. I wishing and hoping for interview around late august early sept. and not go to the interview so if he gets approved by the time I go for my vac. I can bring him back with me. :dancing:

sorry if I am all over the page i'm new to this site.

Its not mandatory but you take a chance if they want to see you. You can but you waste an excuse to enjoy the beach lol....

Im going the 18 returning the 21 just cause my case has red flags big ones so i know they will wanna see me.

I am older and had a previous petition for K1 so anyway its an excuse to go to the resort a few days kid free lol

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

So, are you in Armenia or Dominican Republic. your timeline shows two different countries and each county has a different processing and procedures or requirements.

In Armenia petitioner can't be at the interview...DR , yes ...just as an example

I'm not in either I'M in US, I created my profile and that how it appeared I have edited it but it still shows. sorry for the confusion.

Its not mandatory but you take a chance if they want to see you. You can but you waste an excuse to enjoy the beach lol....

Im going the 18 returning the 21 just cause my case has red flags big ones so i know they will wanna see me.

I am older and had a previous petition for K1 so anyway its an excuse to go to the resort a few days kid free lol

I just came back in March from fun in the sun.

traveling can be pricy...

I wish I can have the interview date the same day I arrive but that will be impossible.

I really don't know what to do at this time.

being though I'm going in Sept I wanted to bring him back with me.

I guess I leave it in GODs hands as I have been.

so far so good.

I am so happy for you.

have fun mama

Timeline

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I really don't know if the interview date will be prior to my vac.date. I wishing and hoping for interview around late august early sept. and not go to the interview so if he gets approved by the time I go for my vac. I can bring him back with me. :dancing:

sorry if I am all over the page i'm new to this site.

Oh sorry, I just noticed the September date...well, I think you cutting it too close...but maybe you want to ask someone in DR thread or maybe someone can respond if you can file for extension in case your case arrive early. Am not sure how that works but maybe someone else can comment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.