2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everyone,

my fiancée has received the NOA2 at the beginning of July and we both think we have a pretty good idea of how the whole process works. However, one or two questions are still left that not even the USCIS or the Frankfurt consulate were able to answer.

It concerns cosponsorship for the affidavit of support (I-134), which is necessary because she is in the second year of her Master's program and I have only recently graduated with an M.A. Therefore, the full amount of funds needed is not yet quite available to us. We have organized two friends that are individually preparing the form I-134 and respective evidence to be our cosponsors. Each one would likely be sufficient to cosponsor me on their own and so we wondered if a combination of more than one cosponsor (besides my fiancée) is even possible and, if so, if two additional cosponsors would make a stronger case than one or if it would be considered redundant and even lead to denial (which would be nonsense, but you haven't seen bureaucracy until you've been to Germany).

Also we have read many different things, ranging from cosponsorship as being impossible to the fact that friends as cosponsors are not accepted. Does anyone have experience with the German consulate of Frankfurt?

All in all, we are making a pretty strong case. We have accumulated some multiple thousands of dollars to account for my first months in the US (indicated on a detailed budget), we have letters from our friends underlining our family-like relationship with them, we have strong educational backgrounds that are almost a guarantee for success on the labor market (I studied and worked in the US), and we reason that Los Angeles is a city where more jobs open everyday than one could possibly apply for. I know it all comes down to the CO, but some experiences from Germany or some general insight on cosponsorship would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Marco

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Two co-sponsors for one person are not possible, unless they are financially tied anyways (such as husband and wife). It wouldn't lead to a denial, it is simply not possible, but if both people are truly happy to do this for you, you can always have both fill in the forms, and first show the one who makes more over the poverty line for their household to the CO at interview, but if they see any kind of problem, have the other one in reserve.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.