I am USC .. i want to bring my mother , but the problem is :

my mother's name on her Birth certificate .. ID and PASSPORT is : mina

while her name on my Birth certificate is : Amina

could you please advice me what to do in this case

thank you

Edited by mido mashakel

Filed: IR-5 Country: Morocco
Timeline

the problem is not in the passport only , it's in the family civil ( lhala lmadania )

any other suggestions please

wonder if USCIS can pass this letter (A) simply

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, I had the same problem with my mother's last name. They got it wrong on the application from where they download the birth certificate.

In order for them to change it, your mom's original birth certificate has to have the name Amina on it. You ask for a copy at the wilaya or wherever you get the birth certificate and they will change it.

But you have to go yourself or your mom.

Edited by Kikk159

Timeline

if my mother's original Birth certificate has to have the name Amina on it .. then a long procces will began of changing ID and passport .. that takes long time you know ...

plus they wont accept to change the name that easily ...

you know where the mistake is ? it was when parents got the ( Hala madania ) in 1971 with a mistake on my mothers name she is Mina and they put it Amina on it .

I'll need my birth certificate to apply for bringing mother , my birth certificate shown my mother's name is Amina , while she has her ID .. Passport also her original birth certificate .. all comes with the name of Mina

any other suggestions please

Timeline

yes Bro .. That's the case .. would you advice me to send a copy of my mother's original Birth certificate with a copy of my Birth Certificate when i apply to USCIS , Or send mine only

who has to currect the name ? USCIS after I submit the potetion or I have to currect it in morocco before I submit the potition

thanks a alot

Edited by mido mashakel

Timeline

I don't advise you to send a copy of the original birth certificate as it is written by hand. What you need to do is go to "Wilaya" or "Baladiya" (The place where you usually get it) and ask them for it. After you get it, make sure it says MINA and then you go and tell them they made an error on YOUR birth certificate and they need to correct it. Tell them that it doesn't make any sense that your mother's birth certificate says Mina and yours says Amina.

USCIS has nothing to do with this process. You have to do all this in Morocco BEFORE sending the application. Otherwise, it may cause you a problem.

Timeline

thanks a lot for the complement , well in morocco when someone go to baladia to get a birth certificate (extry) they dont look for what you said to them they go back to the (Garrooj) they get all information from it .

so if mother get (extry) with the name of Mina , as it wroten in the Garrooj , then there's no way to come back to them and ask them to correct it to Amina , cos it is Mina in their Garroj , they will say go to the curt house and start a whole long procces to change the name legally ..

the Mistake was in the hala madania of my perents , and the same mistake been wroten to the garroj in the baladia .

note : baladia No more give out extry wroted by hand , they now give a typing one .

i dont know what to do to avoid delay and problems

Timeline

thanks a lot for the complement , well in morocco when someone go to baladia to get a birth certificate (extry) they dont look for what you said to them they go back to the (Garrooj) they get all information from it .

so if mother get (extry) with the name of Mina , as it wroten in the Garrooj , then there's no way to come back to them and ask them to correct it to Amina , cos it is Mina in their Garroj , they will say go to the curt house and start a whole long procces to change the name legally ..

the Mistake was in the hala madania of my perents , and the same mistake been wroten to the garroj in the baladia .

note : baladia No more give out extry wroted by hand , they now give a typing one .

i dont know what to do to avoid delay and problems

What is this Garrooj you are talking about? I have never heard of it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.