juand25

Same sex marriage - AOS timeline - Interview experience

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My case is overstay and married US citizen. We have lived together over 18 years so we had a lot of BonaFide Evidence. We filed I-485 I-131 and I765 all at the same time. We did everything ourselves, even took our own passport pictures.

3/08/16 We got Married

.4/14/16 AOS Package was mailed.

4/15/16 AOS Package arrived at Chicago Lockbox.

4/25/16 Received emails and text messages that the package had arrived.

5/06/16 Got 3 letters in our mailed that each application was receipt.

5/13/16 Got Biometrics appointment on the mail.

5/25/16 Biometrics done at Elizabeth NJ-went early -was the first one in and we were out in 15minutes.

6/03/16 Status online "Interview for I485 is ready to be scheduled"

6/14/16 Status online changed to "Interview scheduled for July 19"

7/19/16 We went for our Interview-Approved on the spot. interview about 15-20 minutes. gave us Welcome letter.

7/19/16 Status online changed immediately to "Card being produced"

7/19/16 Champagne toast !

Never got the EAD, and status online for I-131 and I-765 never showed anything at all.The Interview:Appointment was at 9 am so we went an hour early, went through security, gave our appointment letter. We sat on the waiting room.A bit after 9 we were called in. The guy was nice yet very serious, asked to see our passports, marriage certificate, and my bird certificate. Other than that he did not look at anything else and believe me I brought tons and tons of evidence.He asked how did you meet? when we moved in together? then he took his time looking at everything on the file he had and kept checking thins on it with a red pen and kept typing things on the computer. finally he said i know your marriage is real and I am approving this right now, he congratulated us and gave us a welcome letter and said the green card should arrived in one or two weeks. My husband said now we can live our lives and I said yeah now we can travel and the officer smiled. We left and went home very very happy, and the status online immediately changed to Card being produced.I want to thank everyone on this forum because i used a lot of information from here to build up our case. wish you all the best of Luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congratulations! I remember what a relief it was when we heard our IO say we were approved. It still brings a smile to my face. Wishing you many happy years to come.

Sean

07/31/05 First met in Ft Lauderdale

06/26/13 DOMA overturned

07/16/13 Married in Rockville, Maryland

08/22/13 Day 0 Mailed AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox (I-130, I-485, I-765)

11/20/13 Day 90 AOS Interview completed - Approved!

09/01/15 Day 740 I-751 Mailed ROC packet to California Service Center

04/08/16 Day 960 I-751 RFE received - need to provide more evidence of financial commingling

05/03/16 Day 985 RFE response sent

06/07/16 Day 1020 I-751 approval notice received

06/16/16 Day 1029 10-year greencard received

11/16/16 Day 1182 Mailed N-400 citizenship application

08/21/17 Day 1460 Received alert that naturalization interview was scheduled

09/28/17 Day 1498 N-400 interview completed - Approved!

10/20/17 Day 1520 Oath ceremony finished - now a US Citizen

Timeline

Congratulations! I remember what a relief it was when we heard our IO say we were approved. It still brings a smile to my face. Wishing you many happy years to come.

Sean

Thanks, we will be celebrating all week :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congrats

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based Visas main forum to AOS from Work, Student & Tourist Visas Progress Reports - topic is case status from visa other than K ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hello Juan ! Congrats!! Did you had your interview at Newark ? according to your timelines your interview came pretty quickly, I had my fingerprints also taken at Elizabeth !

Timeline

Hello Juan ! Congrats!! Did you had your interview at Newark ? according to your timelines your interview came pretty quickly, I had my fingerprints also taken at Elizabeth !

Thanks. I think it went fast because i sent a huge package with pics and evidence of our living together, finances. yes Elizabeth was our fingerprint office but somehow interview was in Mount Laurel which was kind of nice because there was a hotel a block from immigration office, so we stayed there the night before and used the pool..next day we just went for the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.