Pepa

Student visa

33 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

I would imagine that you'll have a difficult time. How long ago did you overstay?

I'm here right now

The thing I got married and I thought I can get my papers but is not that easy and I don't like to be here without status.because of that I eas looking for another options but..thank you for being so honest.

I respect the law.I was just ignorant about it.

Timeline

My husband is resident and he is applying for the citizenship but is taking a long time and I'm tired of being here without status..but I don't want to leave him.

I'm so sad.

What is AOS?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband is resident and he is applying for the citizenship but is taking a long time and I'm tired of being here without status..but I don't want to leave him.

I'm so sad.

What is AOS?

You're ineligible at the moment. He's not a citizen yet. They won't issue you a student visa while out of status.

Timeline

Then..nothing I can do? :(

Do you think is better if I am going back to my country?

I really don't know what to do.

I asked two lawyers and one told me to stay and the other one told me to leave.

So difficult.

Thank you for helping me

AOS is adjustment of status.

There is no path for you for aos within the US apart from petition by a qualifying us citizen - your husband would qualify if he becomes a citizen. This is because overstay is only forgiven for us citizen immediate relatives.

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

A visa is for entering the country presumably you are here and entered using the VWP.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

When did your husband file for citizenship?

My Convoluted Story (see my profile for more details)
Jun 2009 - Met on Facebook
Mar 2010 - Visited Morocco for the first time, got engaged
Dec 30, 2011 - Wedding in Morocco (5th visit)
I-130/CR-1 (first time around)
31 Aug 2012 - Priority Date (Vermont, transferred to NBC)
31 Dec 2012 - NOA2
27Jul 2013 - Broke up/Separation (while waiting for case complete at NVC)
9 Jan 2014 - Filed for divorce in US (never completed)
4 Apr 2014 - USCIS NOIR
May 2015 - Reconciliation
Nov 2015 - Vacation together in Spain (7th in-person visit with each other)
I-130/IR-1 (second time around)
4 Feb 2016 - Priority Date
19 Apr 2016 - NOA2

17 May 2016 - NVC Case Number Assigned

31 May 2016 - Sent AOS/IV package to NVC

5 Jul 2016 - NVC Case Complete

10 Aug 2016 - Medical Exam

25 Aug 2016 - Interview - APPROVED

1 Sep 2016 - Husband picked up his visa

Husband POE'd @ IAD - 5 November

Timeline

I have the tourist visa for 10 years but now..I can't use it anymore.I'm so mad at myself because of my ignorance.

Mu husband applied for the citizenship last march.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The lawyer that told you to stay is not a good lawyer. In fact, he's breaking one of the canons of professional ethics and possibly the law. You are, in reality, in the U.S. illegally. Go home.

Timeline

I don't think this question goes here but..

If i get out of the country and he becomes a citizen..he can ask me as his wife and I'm not gonna have a problem or is better if I'm in the country?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.