Babamalik87

Evidence for AOS interview not sufficient?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Quick question regarding evidence for the AOS interview, what would count as evidence?

I'm really worried as I don't think we have enough, we got married in November and all we have is

-pictures

-bank account

-taxes

-payments made on a bed with both names on it

- tickets and hotels over our relationship

-I'm listed as his spouse on his VA paperwork

-listed as a dependent on his national guard stuff

We both have prepaid phones as we couldn't afford contracts when I first got here as husband had just gotten out of the military after 8 years and was looking for work. Which is also why we have no bills or a lease in both names because we're living with his mother at her home, we give her rent money but nothing in writing. I don't drive so I'm not on his car insurance and i haven't got health insurance yet need to enroll in tricare (he's in the national guard now)

But yeah I'm nervous I don't feel like this is enough, doesn't help that I'm 21 and he's 29. We only had a small wedding because we were unemployed at the time and just eloped, we got photos done though that was the one thing we weren't skimping on.

Is there anything else we can bring? We went through a year long deployment before I got here and really don't want to be apart again, which I'm sure everyone on here can relate to!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You married in November so you should have done 2015 taxes together

Get a transcript from IRS as that can be strong evidence

get online and get a sample of affadvit (simple to do a form) and have the mother fill it out that you live with her and don't have any utility bills

free to get it notarized at most banks if you have an account

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thank you for your reply, yes we have all our paperwork from our taxes, that's a great idea I didn't think about that! Thank you so much.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Bring any insurances with your name under his account, and for the rental letter, I just type up a letter verifying that I live with my parents while paying certain amount of rent which includes some of the utility bills and have my dad sign it without having to notarize it. If you are an authorize user on his credit card accounts, bring a copy of that too. Also, if you are listed as a beneficiary on his life insurance, bring a copy too because they may ask for that.

Edited by Korruptor

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.