TraMar16

How do I extend the validity of my approved NOA2?

4 posts in this topic

After my approval on April 7th, my file somehow ended up in an off site storage location.

My NOA2 validity dates are April 7 - August 6th.

At this point I do not know if it has been retrieved or even sent yet to NVC.

Any help or suggestions to guide me would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Jan. 28, 2016: mailed the I-129F application

Feb. 1, 2016 arrived to the lockbox NOA1

Feb 4, 2016 check cashed

Feb. 8, 2016 Signed return receipt arrived

April 7, 2016 Case was approved NOA2

Aug. 5, 2016 was issused a new NOA2, the first one was never sent and it took 4 months to find and issue a new one

Aug. 17, 2016 arrived to NVC FINALLY!!!!

Aug. 22, 2016 Case and Invoice number and sent to Santo Domingo

Aug. 24 Case READY in Santo Domingo :)

Aug, 29 Biometrics

Aug. 30 Medical

Oct. 3 interview

Oct. 3 APPROVED

Oct. 11 Visa issued

Oct. 12 Documents collected from the Embassy

Oct. 14 Passport ready for pick up :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

It's been quite a while since your petition was approved, your best bet is to have the US petitioner call the NVC and ask if you've been assigned a case number. Once you have that, you can get in contact with your local consulate/embassy and ask for an extension of the petition. The USC most likely has to send a letter with a 'wet signature', so you can't just send an email or print a pdf file. I don't know how far in advance they grant extensions though, that's something for you to ask the consulate about.

They usually always extend it for an additional 4 months for up to a year in total. I've had to do it twice and the embassy in Germany was very nice about it.

It's been quite a while since your petition was approved, your best bet is to have the US petitioner call the NVC and ask if you've been assigned a case number. Once you have that, you can get in contact with your local consulate/embassy and ask for an extension of the petition. The USC most likely has to send a letter with a 'wet signature', so you can't just send an email or print a pdf file. I don't know how far in advance they grant extensions though, that's something for you to ask the consulate about.

They usually always extend it for an additional 4 months for up to a year in total. I've had to do it twice and the embassy in Germany was very nice about it.

Thank you.

So I need a case number first?

I know for a fact as of last Thursday it was still in California, so no case number yet.

Here is the email USCIS sent to me...

On June 21, 2016, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-129F to notify us that you were requesting an expedited review of your case. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Based on USCIS expedite guidelines, your request is not considered expedite as you described your concern; it is likely an inquiry about your approved I-129F petition.

Your file is currently located at an offsite storage location. File will be requested; upon receipt, review will be initiated and corrective action will be taken as appropriate. As soon as Form I-129F is located, it will be expeditiously sent to NVC for visa/consular processing.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

So I guess I just wait a little longer.... :(

Jan. 28, 2016: mailed the I-129F application

Feb. 1, 2016 arrived to the lockbox NOA1

Feb 4, 2016 check cashed

Feb. 8, 2016 Signed return receipt arrived

April 7, 2016 Case was approved NOA2

Aug. 5, 2016 was issused a new NOA2, the first one was never sent and it took 4 months to find and issue a new one

Aug. 17, 2016 arrived to NVC FINALLY!!!!

Aug. 22, 2016 Case and Invoice number and sent to Santo Domingo

Aug. 24 Case READY in Santo Domingo :)

Aug, 29 Biometrics

Aug. 30 Medical

Oct. 3 interview

Oct. 3 APPROVED

Oct. 11 Visa issued

Oct. 12 Documents collected from the Embassy

Oct. 14 Passport ready for pick up :)

• 2 years later...
Timeline
On 6/27/2016 at 10:57 AM, TL2016 said:

Hi could you please tell me how you go about requesting an extension of the NOA2? I also am using the Frankfurt embassey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.