jdaveh

Next Steps after receiving NOA2

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We have received our NOA2. What are the next steps. I am a little confused as to whether I wait to hear from NVC or should start calling them.

Thanks

Dave

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

You don't have to call them, they will contact you.

If you're in a hurry, you could start calling them to ask for your case number after approx 3 weeks.

The beneficiary should start collecting police certificate, birth certificate etc (read the guides) for his/her interview and the petitioner should prepare the I134 and supporting documents to send to the beneficiary.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We have received our NOA2. What are the next steps. I am a little confused as to whether I wait to hear from NVC or should start calling them.

Thanks

Dave

Wait 2 weeks then start calling NVC and get your case #, the NVC isn't the best at notifying you. You can go to the US Embassy page for Ukraine and review the checklist http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/fiancee-step1.html. The Ukrainian consulate is pretty easy, everything is on their site, you can schedule your appointment online once you have everything completed and paid at the bank. Like another posted said, get the police certificate ready, support documentation (IRS transcripts), etc. Best thing is to read all the reviews posted on here.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I would definetly call them atleast 2 weeks after you receive your NOA2. You call them and ask if they received your case yet and they give you a case number then it gets sent out to the consulate.

They don't usually notify you from a lot of other experiences I have read. Some people get their case sent faster, 7-10 days but I think they are taking alittle longer lately (USCIS) and they USCIS sends out petitions in bulk to the NVC so it can take longer. It's been almost 3 weeks since I've been approved and NVC hasn't received mine yet, I'm going to call again today.

But like someone said earlier in this post- prepare your documents because after NVC things seem to move pretty fast !

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.