Khanuz

IR1 interview, 221(g) white slip (merged)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My husband had an interview today ,they kept his passport and gave him a 221(g) slip , he was told that his case needs administration processing and it will take 1 month . I am really worried it's been ages I can't do this anymore.Please let me know if someone else with white slip gets approval,and please pray for me ,i hope everyone of you get approval soon .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

My husband had an interview today ,they kept his passport and gave him a 221(g) slip , he was told that his case needs administration processing and it will take 1 month . I am really worried it's been ages I can't do this anymore.Please let me know if someone else with white slip gets approval,and please pray for me ,i hope everyone of you get approval soon .

AP for longer time is very normal for Pakistan. You can go to your country forum and you see people both getting approved and those who have been in AP for months and some year

Timeline

Timeline

My husband had an interview today ,they kept his passport and gave him a 221(g) white slip,he was told that his case needs administration processing and it will take 1 month . I am really worried it's been ages I can't do this anymore.Please let me know if someone else with white slip gets approval,and please pray for me ,i hope everyone of you get approval soon .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Same replay as last time you asked.

AP for longer time is very normal for Pakistan. You can go to your country forum and you see people both getting approved and those who have been in AP for months and some year

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi khanuz- i was interviewed on 1st June and i was approved. but the CO told me they need 2 more months to issue the Visa.

he told me i will get the Visa in July and if i don't get my passport in July i can contact the embassy.

my case status for now is ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING and i am just waiting for July to come.

so Congrats on the Approval and relax. your husband will get the Passport soon.

Thanks.

Peterson John.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

For both of you in AP it may be helpful to look at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/523897-new-islamabad-ap-tracker-part-iii-merged-thread/

AP through Islamabad can be quite short (a month or two) or quite long (years), there is no way to predict how long your AP will last

For peace of mind, ONCE every 90 days email the embassy to check the progress of your case

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

~~moved to ap and waivers from IR1/CR1 process and procedures. Also please do not spam mulitple threads with your question~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** question split from thread by other member. Please ask your own questions about your own case in your own thread. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wanted to relay an experience with folks in case anyone is thinking of doing the same as I did.

I filed for and have been receiving EI since March. My previous employment in Canada was in the IT world so the easiest thing for me to do was pick up a consulting job. I lived and worked in Nova Scotia, but due to my previous employment, I have lots of contacts in large IT firms in Toronto (ie IBM, HP, Microsoft, etc) With only being in the US for 2 months I didn't have a lot of IT contacts here, so I planned a trip in late April to go to TO to network with my contacts and see if I could get some work. I did not have specific "interviews" but more of making contacts, seeing what projects where on the go and see if my skills matched any gaps they had.

I flew to TO on a Tuesday, and networked Wed, Thursday and Friday, stayed the weekend and flew home on Monday. I was honest with EI. Before I even took the trip I let them know my plan, and intentions. The person I spoke to on the phone said it sounded reasonable and took my information and said someone would review it but that it should not be a problem. When I was away I made my report and again relayed in the information on my travel (as I was outside my home location). I was informed that they would be holding back the payment for that week until a decision was made. This sounded reasonable, but no red flags.

Fast forward to the next report (ie 2 weeks later), I called in my report as per normal, no issues....I noticed a few days later there was no deposit. I called and they said that since my claim was under review for my travel, that I should continue to report, but no monies would be paid until a decision was made on my travel 3 weeks previous. I found this a bit annoying because I had not been out of my home area since my return and had indicated so on my report.

2 weeks later, I made another report....no payment. I asked where my case was and why it was taking it so long. At that point I was transferred to level 2 and the person evaluating my case....I have to say this was not the best experience I have had in a while. The first question from her was what was the "real" reason why I went to Toronto? I repeated my story. Then she wanted contact info for the HR departments of the companies I went to because she did not believe that a Canadian company would ever hire a US consultant. I provided examples of hiring US consultants when I was working in Canada. She would not except the explanation and insisted on HR contacts. I indicated that I never met with HR but with contacts I knew that could either recommend me or provide other contacts. She did not want these contacts, she wanted interview dates and times and HR contacts. I could not provide those to them. The conversation was getting a bit heated, it was being insinuated that I was going home (ie to Nova Scotia), that I really wasn't looking for work. At that point I had not been paid for 5 weeks, so rather than hold this up anymore I stopped the process and agreed to not get paid for the time in TO.

The reason for me sharing this is as a bit of a warning. If you are looking to be out of your home area, looking for work, please, please make sure you have lots of proof, make sure that the folks you are meeting with will agree to have a conversion with EI to confirm, etc. I guess the most frustrating thing about this (besides losing a week of benefits) is I had consulted with EI weeks before, had been open and upfront and honest about my intentions and was told it would not be a problem, but this would not hold true. I know that there is lots of suggestions of what I could have done...but use this as what not to do.

Monitor, sorry, I posted this in the wrong thread, Can you move this to Canuck EI thread???? Sorry about that.

Timeline

Hi khanuz- i was interviewed on 1st June and i was approved. but the CO told me they need 2 more months to issue the Visa.

he told me i will get the Visa in July and if i don't get my passport in July i can contact the embassy.

my case status for now is ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING and i am just waiting for July to come.

so Congrats on the Approval and relax. your husband will get the Passport soon.

Thanks.

Peterson John.

Thank you for sharing.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My fiance had is interview back in February they also gave him 221g white been 6 months and he has not got any updates still under AP.

His medical exam will expire next week not sure how that goes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.