sarah86

ROC FILING TODAY, THOUGHTS ON MY LIST..

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi All,

I have 2 questions:

1. I will file with Vermont but I want to send it with UPS. For some reason I feel like I remember seeing an address other than the PO Box for Vermont where UPS would be able to deliver, is there such a thing? I can't remember where I had seen it and its not on USCIS. I assume my mind is playing with me cause if there was such address I would think it would be listed on the site. Anyway, if you know about it, please let me know.

2: Below is my list of evidence. Its not much cause we're only 30 years old so we don't have a will, and don't have corporate jobs or anything like it, so we don'tnsurance through work or any 401K, nothing. I included everything I could possibly think of submitting. I didnt add any utility bills cause they are on his name only, I had added myself on the PSEG bill but apparently they only print one name on the bills or they did not complete my request when I had called and I didn't care to check on it to see if it was completed. I found out to late that my name doesn't appear anywhere on the account. If any one wishes to see the documents in detail, I can private message them, blocking personal info of course :) Let me know what you think of the list, I really don't have anything else to add to it so I don't think you can suggest anything additional but at least let me know if this list will call for an RFE, in which case I would just have to submit current versions of the stuff I already have sent :/

lets hope it doesn't come to that though.

Please pray that we get through this without a hitch.

Thanks,

Contents include the following documents, constituting a petition for the Removal of Conditions on the Residence of ********:

A—Front and Back of *****’s 2-Year Green Card and the form I751

B—Lease agreement under ******’s name (Please see attached explanation regarding this, ATTACHMENT 1)

C—Copies of Our Driver’s License and Copy of both car titles showing same address (Please see attached explanation regarding this ATTACHMENT 2)

D— Insurance applications submitted as married couple for attempted insurance coverage (see attached explanation regarding this ATTACHMENT 3)

E___ 2013 tax return and transcript for ######, last filing as single.

F—2014 and 2015 Tax Transcripts as well as the actual returns showing Joint Married Filing

G—Joint bank account statements spanning from March 2014 to present and Copies of Credit Card bills that we use the most (Please see attached explanation regarding this ATTACHMENT 4)

H--- Copies of Joint Credit cards with the same card numbers as well as copies of ATM cards which don’t have the same numbers but wanted to add them on there anyway.

I--- Documents pertaining to the purchase of our car containing both names on several documents (Please see attached explanation regarding this ATTACHMENT 5)

J--- Some government documentation ##### and ****** have received at the current address.

K—Photos of us at home and out and about with family and friends.

L--- Photos of #####’s mother to support the explanation of B in attachment 2.

Timeline

ohh yea I forgot to add to the cover letter, I did add joint car insurance proof. its included in section C paperwork.

as for 401K, we don't have.

life insurance we don't have.

utilities Like I mentioned, the gas company supposedly added me on the system but I don't appear on the bill which I only noticed recently. If anything, should we receive an RFE, I think this would be the only new thing I can send once I get it straightened out with the company and have me added for real, but that would only be from this month on, not since 2 years span.

What about 401K beneficiary, joint car insurance, joint life insurance, joint utilities bills and living arrangements?

as for 401K, we don't have.

life insurance we don't have.

I suggest to explain lack of those common documents in the cover letter. They might think you forgot and they will send RFE.

We don't have utility bills cause we lived with my husband's parents. We explained this in our cover letter, we also attached a letter from husband's parents confirming our statement.

Edited by observatorka

Timeline

Okay I will do as you suggested. Thank you.

I suggest to explain lack of those common documents in the cover letter. They might think you forgot and they will send RFE.

We don't have utility bills cause we lived with my husband's parents. We explained this in our cover letter, we also attached a letter from husband's parents confirming our statement.

You are fine to send to the regular Vermont address via UPS.

(I sent mine fedex next day so I speak from first hand experience)

Edited by mindthegap

CR1 / DCF (London): 2012 / 2013 (4 months from I-130 petition to visa in hand)

I-751 #1- April 2015 [Denied]

April 2015 : I-751 Joint filing package sent fedex next day 09:00am from UK ($lots - thanks). 
Jan 2017: Notification that an interview has been scheduled at a local office. Bizarrely still no RFE... 
Jan 2017: 2hr wait, then interview terminated before it began, due to moving my ID to another state 2 wks prior. New interview 'in a few months...maybe.'   Informed them that divorce proceedings are underway, but not finalised at this time. 
March 2017: An Interview was scheduled - marked as no-show as they didn't actually send out a notification of interview. FML 
April  2017: Filed an official complaint with the ombudsman, and have requested Senator & Congressman assistance
August 2017: Interview - switched to a (finalised) divorce waiver. Told that decision will be made that afternoon, but no problems foreseen with my case. 
October 2017: Letter of Denial received - reason given as 'I-751 petition was not properly filed'. Discovered ex-spouse made false allegations to USCIS in 2015. No opportunity given to review & refute allegations  - contrary to USCIS policy.

I-751 #2 - Oct 2017 - Mar 2021[Denied] 

October 2017: Within 72hrs of receiving denial notice, a new waiver I-751, divorce decree & $680 cheque, sent to Vermont via FedEx overnight 9am priority.  
Dec 2019: Filed FOIA request for full A# file
Feb 2020: FOIA request completed - entire A# file received as a .PDF; 197 pages fully redacted, and 80 partially redacted. Don't waste your time!
March 2021: I-751 #2 denied for lack of evidence. No RFE, no interview, and evidence in previous I-751 not reviewed - contrary to policy. Huge errors in adjudication.

N-400 - Feb 2018 - Apr 2021 [Denied]

February 2018: N-400 filed online.  $725 paid to the USCIS paperwork wastage fund

February  2019: Interview - cancelled after a four hour wait due to 'missing paperwork' on their end. Promised Expedited reschedule.

March 2021: Interview letter received, strangely dated after I-751 denial. No I-751 interview conducted. N-400 interview and test passed, given 'cannot make a decision at this time' paper due to the ongoing I-751 nightmare...

April 2021: N-400 denial received citing recent I-751 denial as basis for ineligibility, even though it should have been a combo interview 🤯

I AM JACK'S COMPLETE LACK OF SURPRISE

I-751 Service Motion - March 2021 [Sent via FedEx & COMPLETELY IGNORED by USCIS]

March 2021: Service Motion request sent overnight addressed direectly to field office director, requesting urgent review and re-opening, based on errors in adjudication - citing USCIS policy, AFM and memorandums as basis for errors. This was completely ignored by USCIS.

I-751 #3 - June 2021 - Jan 2024 [Denied]

IT'S GROUNDHOG DAY

June 2021: I-751 #3 (30+lbs/5000 pages of paperwork) & another $680 sent to USCIS via FedEx ($300+..thanks) .... 

June 2021: Receipt issued, card charged, biometrics waived, infopass scheduled for I-551 stamp number ten.....

Feb 2022: RFIE (no, not an RFE, a Request For Initial Evidence) received, for copies of the divorce paperwork that they already have 😑

July 2022: Infopass for I-551 stamp number eleven.....

August 2023: Infopass for I-551 stamp number twelve....

January 2024: Denial received, ignoring the overwhelming majority of the filing, abundance of evidence, and refutation of a provably false allegation. The denial also contradicts itself in multiple places, as if it was written by someone with an IQ <50.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

2024: FML. Seriously. I'm done. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

You can take out a small / inexpensive life insurance policy and list him/her as beneficiary, make wills, power of attorney, all good

to have in life.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Thank you @mindthegap, really appreciate your response, as well as everyone else's of course :)

I hate snail mail :( I love tracking with UPS, if anything goes wrong, they are easier to deal with. I was actually thinking of inserting a return UPS label for them to mail the NOA back with :D you think that might work?

Thanks again,

You are fine to send to the regular Vermont address via UPS.

(I sent mine fedex next day so I speak from first hand experience)

Timeline

Thank you Ebunoluwa. I will definitely look into it and purchase one just incase should we get an RFE for further evidence, although its conception will be 2 years into our marriage, but oh well, better late than never.

for some reason I have the thought that these things are expensive stuff but I have never researched it.

You can take out a small / inexpensive life insurance policy and list him/her as beneficiary, make wills, power of attorney, all good

to have in life.

Timeline

I'm actually looking at life insurances as I speak. If I can obtain a coverage document today, I will definitely add it to the file.

Thanks again.

Thank you Ebunoluwa. I will definitely look into it and purchase one just incase should we get an RFE for further evidence, although its conception will be 2 years into our marriage, but oh well, better late than never.

for some reason I have the thought that these things are expensive stuff but I have never researched it.

2: Below is my list of evidence. Its not much cause we're only 30 years old so we don't have a will, and don't have corporate jobs or anything like it, so we don'tnsurance through work or any 401K, nothing. I included everything I could possibly think of submitting. I didnt add any utility bills cause they are on his name only, I had added myself on the PSEG bill but apparently they only print one name on the bills or they did not complete my request when I had called and I didn't care to check on it to see if it was completed. I found out to late that my name doesn't appear anywhere on the account.

Yeah we had the same situation. Apparently you need to specifically ask for your name to appear on the bill. You are probably listed as an "authorized" user of the account. Explain that you asked to be put on the account but PSE&G did not put you on the bill.

For what it is worth, you can download a will from many online resources (cheap), fill it out, take it with two friends to your bank and have it notarized. Good luck.

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Simple wills and MPOA are cheap and easy. You dont generally need a lawyer and can get them online. Our wills cost us $20 and an ice cream cake. ($10 for the wills, $10 for the notary for two wills, and an ice cream cake for a friend who witnessed that and a bunch of other items.)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Hi Stevephoto,

I just got us some life insurance last Friday. I didn't realize it was this cheap, only costing 15 bucks a month. I thought the evidence we have is enough and didn't see the need for anything out of the ordinary to add to the list but had I done research on this sooner and realized the low cost, I probably would have signed up for the insurance just as a safeguard.

PSEG will be hearing from me soon :ranting:

I will also look into the will soon. Thank you for your input.

Yeah we had the same situation. Apparently you need to specifically ask for your name to appear on the bill. You are probably listed as an "authorized" user of the account. Explain that you asked to be put on the account but PSE&G did not put you on the bill.

For what it is worth, you can download a will from many online resources (cheap), fill it out, take it with two friends to your bank and have it notarized. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.