JM101

DS-260 Problem

14 posts in this topic

In attempting to fill out the DS-260 online, we get to the previous address page and it keeps “Timing Out”,

even though only a few minutes of continuous typing is occurring.

Without the DS-260 confirmation page, there can be no interview.

Any suggestions?

JM101

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, go to the form and print out the entire form

read it all and answer questions on those sheets so you know the answers so you are prepared to fill it out quickly when you are online

after answering a page of quesitons, save it, then return to the saved page and continue

Do this several times and you will make it thru

wait till you have to pay visa fee online / that is really lots of fun as you have to create a new password every time

good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello there,

I am actually trying to fill out the DS-260. But, don't have the Invoice ID number or beneficiary number. How did you receive this? Did you call NVC to get this?

It happened to mee ! Is so frustrating but you have to be patient ans try to complete everything quick and SAVE ! Everytime you fill out a page good luck !

Thanks for all those suggestions.

I had done all those things before posting this request for help.

Not only do I have a practice PDF DS-260 on my computer, but i also have many sheets of paper with all the information.

The first few pages of the DS-260 entered perfectly fine with no issues and stay saved after the time out...it was when we got to the Previous Addresses section that the problem started to happen.

It got so frustrating that I would even save after every line entered but when it times out and I return to the Previous Addresses page all of that information has disappeared.

I am guessing that my next step will be to call the embassy for suggestions...

JM101

Edited by JM101

Not only do I have a practice PDF DS-260 on my computer, but i also have many sheets of paper with all the information.

The first few pages of the DS-260 entered perfectly fine with no issues and stay saved after the time out...it was when we got to the Previous Addresses section that the problem started to happen.

It got so frustrating that I would even save after every line entered but when it times out and I return to the Previous Addresses page all of that information has disappeared.

JM101

[/

---

We had this problem, too. Solved it by speed typing. lol

But: if that hadn't worked, I finally figured this might be an idea:

Type in the first address and instead of typing in the correct date right away, make sure the dates cover the complete time span since you were sixteen.

Save. (I'm sure you also tried saving all the time and the system wouldn't allow it because the time span wasn't completely covered with the stuff you had filled out by then)

Then type in the next, adjust the dates. Save. Proceed till all addresses are typed in and saved.

Hope I'm making myself clear.

Contacting the embassy wouldn't help you either as they have no knowledge of your case until the NVC send it to them after the interview is booked.

However contact the DOS and maybe see if they have tech support to be made awarebod the issue and have a fix?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Then type in the next, adjust the dates. Save. Proceed till all addresses are typed in and saved.

Hope I'm making myself clear.

Perfectly clear...a little cheat to the system....I'll give it a try.

Thanks

JM101

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

took me 48 time outs and 2 hr

What I did was i fill out some press save it will say they need info in red and fill out rest with one page at time and keep on saving them.

I finally got done phew!

Want to Speed up NVC Process ?

Check Guides From Guide section for doccuments and list of stuff and follow this steps

Step 1 After USCIS NOA2 Gather all AOS / IV Package Documents In 3 weeks

Between USCIS Approving and NVC Case Number you have 2 to 3 weeks gather all AOS and IV Documents Get package ready.

Step 2 Obtain NVC Invoice and Case number.

​After 2 weeks of NOA2 Keep on Calling NVC every day to get case number And Invoice number

Step 3 Pay First Fee and DS261

After getting NVC Case Number and Invoice Number Log in to webpage Pay First Fee and Fill out DS261 Takes 24 to 38 Hr to get fee status paid.

Step 4 Conform Agent / Ds261 Over Phone and Sent out Documents

Once First fee turns Paid Online ( Usualy 24 to 48 hr) Call NVC And conform choice of agent over Phone If they won't keep on calling them Until someone will Or other fee won't be unlocked.Also Once you get Welcome letter on email Print out Document Checklist sheet And Sent in your documents to NVC

Step 5 Pay Other Fee and Fill out DS260 (Total time from DS 261 to here should be no longer then 15 days )

​Step 6 Conform Document delivery AT NVC And Ask them Processing Time..

Step 7 Check For CC ( Hopefully no REF )

Call them every other day 2 weeks from DS260 and Check status.. Also Check Online NVC Page If you have 3 N/A your case Complete! Congratulation you are almost done.

Step 8 48 Hr After CC Conformation Call NVC For appointment for interview

Congratulation On your NVC CC AND Good Luck with Interview

Need Help? Feel free to contact me Or Post in appropriate forum section

​Like my suggestion ?

Rep would be nice for help.

Help other and spread Knowledge!

Thanks everybody for the help.

In using a combination of all your suggestions, I THINK I am finally getting through this monster.

On a side note...I have a good friend that does not own a computer and refuses to use one...even refuses to own a cell phone.

I'm sure there are others out there like him so I wonder how they would handle getting a visa for someone.

Thanks again and I'll keep you up to date on our progress.

JM101

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

In attempting to fill out the DS-260 online, we get to the previous address page and it keeps “Timing Out”,

even though only a few minutes of continuous typing is occurring.

Without the DS-260 confirmation page, there can be no interview.

Any suggestions?

J

Are you talking about the confirmation page or the cover page?

Because I could not print / make my cover page and my docs after 2 or 3 weeks were sent to the embassy without it.

I´LL START TO LIVE BACK AGAIN WHEN I´LL BE ON MY HUBBY´S ARMS, FOREVER AND EVER. UNTIL THERE, I DON´T LIVE. I SURVIVE. (L)

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Because I could not print / make my cover page and my docs after 2 or 3 weeks were sent to the embassy without it.

I had same issue not being able to print. So I had to email my self and open that email and print from there. It worked like that.

Want to Speed up NVC Process ?

Check Guides From Guide section for doccuments and list of stuff and follow this steps

Step 1 After USCIS NOA2 Gather all AOS / IV Package Documents In 3 weeks

Between USCIS Approving and NVC Case Number you have 2 to 3 weeks gather all AOS and IV Documents Get package ready.

Step 2 Obtain NVC Invoice and Case number.

​After 2 weeks of NOA2 Keep on Calling NVC every day to get case number And Invoice number

Step 3 Pay First Fee and DS261

After getting NVC Case Number and Invoice Number Log in to webpage Pay First Fee and Fill out DS261 Takes 24 to 38 Hr to get fee status paid.

Step 4 Conform Agent / Ds261 Over Phone and Sent out Documents

Once First fee turns Paid Online ( Usualy 24 to 48 hr) Call NVC And conform choice of agent over Phone If they won't keep on calling them Until someone will Or other fee won't be unlocked.Also Once you get Welcome letter on email Print out Document Checklist sheet And Sent in your documents to NVC

Step 5 Pay Other Fee and Fill out DS260 (Total time from DS 261 to here should be no longer then 15 days )

​Step 6 Conform Document delivery AT NVC And Ask them Processing Time..

Step 7 Check For CC ( Hopefully no REF )

Call them every other day 2 weeks from DS260 and Check status.. Also Check Online NVC Page If you have 3 N/A your case Complete! Congratulation you are almost done.

Step 8 48 Hr After CC Conformation Call NVC For appointment for interview

Congratulation On your NVC CC AND Good Luck with Interview

Need Help? Feel free to contact me Or Post in appropriate forum section

​Like my suggestion ?

Rep would be nice for help.

Help other and spread Knowledge!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

JM101

It happened to me it took me two days to complete the form , just be patient and keep trying as I did till you finish , when you finish ask to email the confirmation page and also save to to your computer , I don't know what's wrong with NVC site when ever I go to print out the confirmation page I found nothing as if we did nothing neither paid the fees nor filled in the form.

Edited by kareelina

HURRAY................

Thanks everyone for your help.

I finally got this DS-260 completed and submitted....Finally I have my confirmation in hand.

On to the next step.

JM101

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.