Glee

Confusion: Setting Appointments at Santo Domingo [split topic]

2 posts in this topic

Hi

I know this post is old but I'm currently in the process of doing all this for my fiancé. Do I set up all the appointments online or does the embassy do it? I feel like after it left the NVC I've had no more updates and the automated systems are not useful. Does the VAC appointment need to be scheduled online after payment receipt number is entered online? Do I make the interview appointment or is something sent to me? Sorry but I'm really lost with this process. Please help

Hi,

I just did my fiances' while I was visiting him in DR a few weeks ago.Keep in mind I did all this BEFORE I even received the OK from the embassy to start making my apptointments.

Before you do anything, you need to call NVC and check the status of your petition with your receipt number given to you on NOA1. You might get an update, you might not. You are going to ask for your case # which will start with SDO and get your invoice number as well. If you have no luck with NVC, call the US embassy in Sto Domingo at 829 956 5144( this is the number of the department that handles fiancee visas) and ask if they have received the petition. Again make sure you get your case number and invoice number.

Once you get that, call the U.S. Dept of state and set up a profile over the phone. You are going to need your fiancees name, DOB, case number and an email address so the can contact you. This is important to do so they can identify you or your fiancee anytime you call to ask questions, etc.

Once that is done, go to https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ and "start an application". This is where the case number comes in. It is very important all info is correct and make sure your fiancee can double check it. At the end of all the questions, a picture will need to be uploaded. It can be a pain in the ### but keep trying until it accepts your image. Remember to print the confirmation page and make a few copied just in case you need in the future. Also choose the option to mail the confirmation page to an email. Save and put to the side.

After that step is done go to https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ and make a new profile as a new user. Once you are in, you will click fee payment ( I think) or schedule appointment and it should ask a few questions to ensure its a fiancee visa in which you are applying for. It will also ask weither you want it mailed to your fiancee house or to be picked up and wat which location. I think it asks for your case number so have that in handy. Once you answer questions it will bring you to page where you choose how to pay your fee. Choose Cash and PRINT the page given. Your fiancee must to to BANCO POPULAR and pay in cash. Make sure fiancee has the printed out sheet because there is a number (CGI) that links the payment to your fiance's account you just made. Once that is paid, copy and save the receipt given to your fiancee.YOU HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL AFTER 11AM THE FOLLOWING DAY FOR THE PAYMENT TO PROCESS BEFORE YOU GO BACK TO SCHEDULE APPOINTMENTS.

So after 11am the next day, go back to https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ and login to do the same as above until you get to the fee payment page. At this point, I remembered that the receipt number given to me in BANCO POPULAR was already linked to the account you will see a bit towards the bottom. Make sure its the same number and click continue or accept. It will then bring you to a page where you make your appointment for VAC (pics and fingerprints). After that screen, the SCHEDULE APPOINTMENT with Consulate comes up. I would be safe and schedule at least 2 weeks after your VAC Appointment just to make sure. A confirmation page comes up. either you can print of send to email. And THAT"S IT !.

Do Not wait for embassy to send fiancee anything. You will dye waiting. LOL.

I suggest you fill everything out since EVERYTHING IS IN ENGLISH unless your fiancee can understand English.

*** Medical exam is done at 2 locations. You can either call them up and make an appointment or walk-in. I suggest fiancee do this at least 2 weeks before the consul interview.

If you have any other questions, please send a message whenever.

-sydney

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.