9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I received a RFE one day after my biometrics asking to resend the form I-864 since I left one part blank (page 3 part 4). I truly believe this was a printing/editing pdf issue, but in any event, I mailed the form again along with all support documentation for affidavit of support the next day. Yesterday my status was updated online to "Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received".

My question is: will this RFE interfere on my WP process as well? Although I sent everything to USCIS the next morning on a overnight package, took them 1 full week to update my online status. I am afraid it will make my WP process at least one week slower?

I have real potential job opportunities relying only on my WP being produced in time. I know is sort of unpredictable but did anyone been in the same situation and received the WP in the time matters (60 - 90 days)?

Also, is it true that I can ask to have my WP expedited in case I have a job offer on hands?

I highly appreciate any thoughts!

Thanks,

Flavia

Edited by FlaviaJ

AOS filled: April 4th, 2016

Received in Chicago: April 5th, 2016 (Day 1).

NOA: April 9th, 2016

NOA for Biometrics schedule: April 20th. 2016

RFE: May 9th, 206 - (Left Page 3, Part 4 of I-864 blank)

Biometrics: May 12th, 2016 (Day 37)

Service Request for EAD: June 24th, 2016 (Day 80)

EAD Approved: July 2nd, 2016 (Day 88)

Advance Parole Approved: July 2nd, 2016 (Day 88)

EAD + AP Combo Card Delivered: July 9th, 2016 (Day 95)

Interview: January 10th, 2017

Green Card Approved: January 10th, 2017

Green Card Received: January 17th, 2017

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

What type of visa are you adjusting from?

WP ??

Are you talking about the Employment Authorization Document (EAD) you will receive after successfully

filing and processing of Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization?

https://www.uscis.gov/i-765

Take a look at this related thread from a couple of years ago: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/528188-will-rfe-for-i485-halt-i765-decision/

You could try expediting the I-765, don't know about success rate. Here is the expedite criteria: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I received a RFE one day after my biometrics asking to resend the form I-864 since I left one part blank (page 3 part 4). I truly believe this was a printing/editing pdf issue, but in any event, I mailed the form again along with all support documentation for affidavit of support the next day. Yesterday my status was updated online to "Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received".

My question is: will this RFE interfere on my WP process as well? Although I sent everything to USCIS the next morning on a overnight package, took them 1 full week to update my online status. I am afraid it will make my WP process at least one week slower?

I have real potential job opportunities relying only on my WP being produced in time. I know is sort of unpredictable but did anyone been in the same situation and received the WP in the time matters (60 - 90 days)?

Also, is it true that I can ask to have my WP expedited in case I have a job offer on hands?

I highly appreciate any thoughts!

Thanks,

Flavia

It is strange that they requested you to fill part 4 of page 3. If you fill the .pdf on adobe, that part is automatically locked if your physical address is the same as your mailing address.

It is strange that they requested you to fill part 4 of page 3. If you fill the .pdf on adobe, that part is automatically locked if your physical address is the same as your mailing address.

Agree, very strange. Page 3 part 4 is my husband name! Which we did filled of course, but something happened when we printed. I did not see that this tiny thing was printed blank.

I saw someone else here got the exactly same RFE so it makes me believe it could be some sort of PDF issue. I am not positive about it tho.

This is what it says: Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, was submitted; however, Page 3, Part 4 is blank.

=/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Agree, very strange. Page 3 part 4 is my husband name! Which we did filled of course, but something happened when we printed. I did not see that this tiny thing was printed blank.

I saw someone else here got the exactly same RFE so it makes me believe it could be some sort of PDF issue. I am not positive about it tho.

This is what it says: Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, was submitted; however, Page 3, Part 4 is blank.

=/

I hope it doesn't delay your process!! Good luck!

Welcome to the forum.

What type of visa are you adjusting from?

WP ??

Are you talking about the Employment Authorization Document (EAD) you will receive after successfully

filing and processing of Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization?

https://www.uscis.gov/i-765

Take a look at this related thread from a couple of years ago: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/528188-will-rfe-for-i485-halt-i765-decision/

You could try expediting the I-765, don't know about success rate. Here is the expedite criteria: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

Good luck on your immigration journey.

I am adjusting from F-1, my OPT recently expired (1 week ago) so I had to quit my job, I immediately started applying for other jobs hoping that my wp ( work permit or EAD) would arrive sooner than later. My 60 days deadline is June 4th and everything was going well till this RFE arrived the day after my biometrics. Online my I-765 status still unchanged (las update was before biometrics) only the AOS status was updated to - Request for evidence sent and then Evidences received -

I checked the forum from two years ago and if I understood right it says my deadline would start over? 90 days after they received my RFE documentation (yesterday). I am opting not to believe that lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I also had a RFE and requested an update on my work permit as the 90 day time limit had passed. About 1 week after submitting my inquiry I received an update which said that the 90 waiting period restarted upon fulfillment of my RFE. But I kept checking on the status of my application to adjust status and it recently changed to "ready to be scheduled for interview". Hope that helps.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

The reason that part was blank is mostlikely because it is connected to one of the final pages of additional information. Once you type it in one place, it appears in the other... yet since most dont need the additional page they delete the name there, and it gets deleted off of page 3, part 4...

Ive seen plenty of those on this forum so i think its just that

Met around 2011/2012 in a game (league of legends) super random, best friends ever since... grew closer as friends and desided in 2013 to try dating, flew over and we had a click =)

Proposed in Oktober 2014

12/2014 - File K1

12/2015 - Receive K1 (texas backlog drama, took a year!)

12/26/15 - P.O.E. Boston

01/20/16 - Marriage =)

(Day 000) 03/10/16 - Filed AOS (with EAD and AP)

(Day 001) 03/14/16 - Received EAD+AP

(Day 004) 03/18/16 - Received AOS

(Day 005) 03/19/16 - NOA1 SMS & Email x3

(Day 009) 03/23/16 - NOA1 Hardcopy x3

(Day 016) 03/30/16 - Biometrics letter received

(Day 030) 04/13/16 - Biometrics done (very quiet in Providence (RI) just one other family and me)

(Day 051) 05/04/16 - Approval EAD & AP

(Day 055) 05/08/16 - NOA2 EAD & AP in the mail and online changed to approved

(Day 063) 05/16/16 - Approval AOS

(Day 065) 05/18/16 - Called tier 2 officer to ask where my AOS is at (RFE, Waiver, Interview etc, what to expect) got as answer it's approved...

(Day 067) 05/20/16 - NOA2 AOS Hardcopy and online status change

(Day 086) 06/08/16 - EAD Mailed to me

(Day 088) 06/10/16 - GC Mailed to me

(Day 089) 06/11/16 - EAD & AP combocard received (It still came eventho it's useless since AOS approval)

(Day 091) 06/13/16 - Greencard received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to WStudentT-based AOS Forum~

~Adjusting from student visa~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.