Zodos

Need guidance on K-1 Visa petition withdraw.

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So my fiancee and I broke it up right after my I-129F was approved and my application was sent to the embassy. We broke it up before the interview but i was able to cancel the interview with the embassy. anyway being the idiot i am i didnt cancel the k-1 visa petition yet (we broke up 8 months ago) as it slipped my mind partially because i was hoping we would be back and i got really busy with nursing school. now i am looking for my case status on the us embassy of that country and i cant find it. I still have my case in the usvisa-info website. and i didnt get any email stating that my k1 visa was removed. i am living in the US now and i wish to remove any K1 visas standing for my ex because i might file a new k-1 petition for someone else in a year or so (nothing in sight so far). Thank you.

TLDR: i want to cancel K-1 Visa of my Ex. the petition is in the US embassy.

I am going through similar now i filed a new k1 i have one approved by uSCIS October 2014 interview January 2015 he is my daugthers father it was put in AP pending DNA test. During AP i found out he got another woman pregnant and i withdrew the petition. No visa ever issued...

I emailed the embassy to cancel and when you redo the k1 you will need to submit a waiver if it it less then two years.

I found that out on here so i am waiting for an RFE for that...

Good luck :D

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

In an effort to clean up all of the loose ends, consider writing withdrawal letters to the intended interviewing embassy/consulate and to the respective USCIS service center. Be sure to include all case file numbers, receipt numbers, etc. You don't need to go into depth as to the why's and how's about the relationship demise, just the facts and dates associated with the withdrawal. You need to realize that any future petitions/applications by you will likely result in increased scrutiny, so be prepared. Be sure to keep all correspondence associated with this withdrawal activity.

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-2872/0-0-0-3047.html

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Here is a link to an ongoing same/similar themed thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/596134-broke-up-how-to-cancel-my-k1-visa/

Filed: Timeline

I am going through similar now i filed a new k1 i have one approved by uSCIS October 2014 interview January 2015 he is my daugthers father it was put in AP pending DNA test. During AP i found out he got another woman pregnant and i withdrew the petition. No visa ever issued...

I emailed the embassy to cancel and when you redo the k1 you will need to submit a waiver if it it less then two years.

I found that out on here so i am waiting for an RFE for that...

Good luck :D

thank you. but my main concern is how to cancel my 1st visa petition. i read that an approved I-129F last for only 4 months. and since my ex did not do the embassy interview it means the visa was not issued so am confused to where i am standing.

Ok well thats what uscis told to send a cancel letter to embassy and contact the embassy because they no longer had once they sent to Nvc approved.

Which i did. And on here i was told about that letter you see attached to my first post which you will need to submit with any new 129f prior to 2 years of any 129f approvals.

Although it expieres in 4 months USCIS requieres the waiver of any approved 129f petitions. With in 2 years of approvals

Good luck ?

Edited by Anitafeliz

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Timeline

hy that really hit the nail thank you.

You are most welcome.

And better luck on your future immigration journey. :thumbs:

Only the petitioner can withdraw the K-1. Who is the USC?

I belive its her

Edited by Anitafeliz

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

When i married i sent a letter to the office handling my K1 explaining I would apply for CR1

i would give small explanation saying something like we have decided to end our relationship

sorry this happened to you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.