N and J

No NOA1 and No help from the USCIS call cent

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Okay, I need help here. I am lost and confused and really don't know what to do. I know I have to wait the full 30 days for USCIS to take any action on my case. (This is what I was told today.) However, I sent my K1 application in on May 6th. It was delivered to the PO Box on May 9th and that is where my case ends. Nothing....the check is not cashed, nothing has been sent back to me, no NOA1 (yes I included the G-1145). I have no choice to wait the 30 days. They said I can call May 6th. Here are my questions: anyone with experience or has been on VJ for a while that had seen something like this please any answer would be greatly appreciated!! :cry:

1. Is it possible they lost my application? Maybe it was put in the wrong PO Box?

2. Is it possible my G-1145 slipped through the cracks and my NOA1 hard copy could show up at any time?

3. Is this common that there is no answer, the check not cashed, nothing at all in 15 days?

4. The USCIS call center rep told me I cannot file another application or withdraw the one I have because you need the NOA receipt number off there. I ask then what exactly do I do? Can I stop payment on the check? He told me if I do file another and they find my other one no matter how long it has been I will have to pay for both applications if I stop payment on the check. I am getting all the papers I can possibly get together in case this doesn't go through or they can't find it to get married there. I am leaving for Morocco on June 25th and will not be back until August 18th. I am going to assume if nothing comes by July it is not coming at all.

I am not looking for them to speed up my case. Yes, of course, I wish it could go faster but I know all the centers are backlogged and I completely understand this is going to be a slow process. I am fine with that...I just want to know they got my application. I don't want the receipt number I don't want them to hurry up and ship it off (well I do but that is not why I am calling them) I feel lost and I know this is a waiting process...This just does not seem normal. I know 15 days is not that long but people who sent their application on the 13th of May got their NOA1 already...People who sent them last week are getting their NOA1.....People who sent them the same day as I got their NOA1 3 or 4 days later. WHERE IS MINE? :cry::mellow: I know I have posted about this a lot and thank you to everyone who is listening to me and helping me....Anyone that has seen anything like this please help me...I am lost. I don't know if I should just keep getting all my documents together and get married in Morocco if there is no NOA1 by July or if I should just wait which seems like they are telling me I have to wait no matter how long it takes and it may never show up. Do I stop payment on my check before I leave? I am lost and don't know what to do? The only thing I know for sure I have to do right now is waiting until June 6th to call back.

How can they charge me if the application goes through 5 years from now if I file another one? Do I take the chance? Thanks for listening to me and thank you for anyone who has some kind of answer.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

yu can see in my timeline that i experienced smth like that with my AOS package
but my package got sent back to me and I never received it

and all they could do was to tell me to wait 30 days until they received the package.

but i still spoke to one officer and he told me my case number for those documents and I could check them online that they were rejected and sent back to me. and the checks were not cashed so there PRACTICALLY was no case in their system. so i just filed once again and this time everythig started moving forward.

but i suggest you waiting for some more time.

BTW, the G-1145 is for email and text notifications, not for the actual paper NOA (everyone gets them in papers)

so as your checks haven't been cashed there are two possible layouts:
1. they either haven't even started looking at your case

2. they rejected it and sent back

the only thing you can do now is wait.

AOS EAD

5/5/2016 - sent docs to Chicago, AGAIN (i-485, i-130, i-765, i-864) [Day 0] 5/16/2016 - NOA [Day 11]

5/6/2016 - delivered and signed up for by R Mercado [Day 1] 7/20/2016 - called to submit a service request for my EAD. [Day 76]
5/12/2016 - checks cashed [Day 7] 7/28/2016 - case numbers for i-130 and i-765 started working to say case was received on May 6 [Day 84]

5/16/2016 - got 3 NOAs in the mail, dated May 12, priority date is 7/29/2016 - case status of I-765 is "New Card Is Being Produced", later in the evening - "Case Was Approved" [Day 85]

May 6 (haven't received any emails or texts) [Day 11] 8/1/2016 - received answer for the service request "your case is under review" [Day 89]

6/10/2016 - got biometrics letter in the mail, notice date is June 4, 2016, which 8/1/2016 - received answer for the service request "your case is under review" [Day 89]

is day 30 from when they picked up the package [Day 36] 8/2/2016 - case status of I-765 is "The Card was Mailed to you" [Day 90]

6/21/2016 - Biometrics walk-in in Philadelphia [Day 47] 8/4/2016 - received I-797 Notice of Action for approved I-765 [Day 92]

6/22/2016 - Scheduled Biometrics Appointment [Day 48] 8/5/2016 - EAD in mail [Day 93]

6/30/2016 - online case status started working "case is ready to be scheduled

for the interview" [Day 56]

8/9/2016 - Interview is Scheduled [Day 97]

9/14/2016 - Interview Day [Day 133]

Timeline

yu can see in my timeline that i experienced smth like that with my AOS package

but my package got sent back to me and I never received it

and all they could do was to tell me to wait 30 days until they received the package.

but i still spoke to one officer and he told me my case number for those documents and I could check them online that they were rejected and sent back to me. and the checks were not cashed so there PRACTICALLY was no case in their system. so i just filed once again and this time everythig started moving forward.

but i suggest you waiting for some more time.

BTW, the G-1145 is for email and text notifications, not for the actual paper NOA (everyone gets them in papers)

so as your checks haven't been cashed there are two possible layouts:

1. they either haven't even started looking at your case

2. they rejected it and sent back

the only thing you can do now is wait.

Thank you. I am going to wait until the 30 days is up. I do know that the G-1145 if for texts and emails. That is why I just think it is kind of weird that I got no notification. I will wait and before I leave if there is still no word I will send a letter to USCIS and stop payment on my check. Thanks sharing your experience. =)

I'm sure everything is fine; We sent our k-1 package off in very early February 2015 and received our NOA1 three and a bit weeks later. It then took 6 months to get our NOA2.

Some go through faster some slower, I would sit tight and if you haven't received anything after the 30 days have past, I would call as USCIS as they suggested. :)

K1-K2 VISA
FEBRUARY 2015 APPLIED FOR I-129F K1-K2
RECIEVED NOA1
AUGUST 2015 RECIEVED NOA2
SEPTEMBER 2015 SENT TO THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE
RECIEVED SYDNEY CASE NUMBER
CASE SENT TO THE SYDNEY EMBASSY
SEPTEMBER 2015 COMPLETED DS-160 K1-K2
OCTOBER 2015 MEDICAL COMPLETED
INTERVIEW - APPROVED
VISA ISSUED

DECEMBER 2015 ARRIVED INTO THE USA POA DALLAS TX 26TH DECEMBER
JANUARY 2016 MARRIED 29TH JANUARY
FEBRUARY 2016 SSN CARD RECIEVED

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS
MARCH 2016 SENT AOS PACKAGE K1-K2 21ST MARCH                                                       JUNE 2016 RECIEVED GREEN CARD K1-K2 11TH JUNE
ARRIVED AT THE CHICAGO LOCKBAG FACILITY 23RD MARCH

APRIL 2016 RECIEVED NOA 1 FOR AOS/EAD/AP 5TH APRIL
RECIEVED BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENTS 30TH APRIL
MAY 2016 BIOMETRICS TAKEN 10TH MAY

AP/EAD APPROVED K1 13TH MAY

COMBO CARD ARRIVED 21ST MAY

JUNE 2016 APPROVED AOS (NO INTERVIEW) K1-K2 3RD JUNE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

If you will be in Morocco that long why not marry and refile as CR1 / it is so hard to get K1 approved in morocco

just my opinion

That is what our original plan was. Then we ran into problems because I don't have a job and have no income and you have to prove your income to the courts. However, I am a full-time student in grad school and starting an internship. The guy who was translating said my school papers are not what they are looking for because I printed them off the internet. My school only allows you to access private records off the internet because I go to school online. It is a distance learning program for the University of Southern California. When we hit that roadblock I had the brilliant idea of doing a K1 which I didn't really want to do either and neither did my fiance. He was willing to wait so when he gets here he could work and all that....Instead of coming here and having to wait to work and fill out more papers. But after talking to him last night....I think we are going to go back to the original plan. This way it will be easier for both of us. The K1 is too much. I am going to get a new background check done, print out all my papers from school...My grades and transcripts and my STARS report which states when I started, how many classes I take, and when I graduate and just get them translated and get married. We both felt this was the best way to do it but when we hit the roadblock it didn't seem like we really had a choice.

That is what our original plan was. Then we ran into problems because I don't have a job and have no income and you have to prove your income to the courts. However, I am a full-time student in grad school and starting an internship. The guy who was translating said my school papers are not what they are looking for because I printed them off the internet. My school only allows you to access private records off the internet because I go to school online. It is a distance learning program for the University of Southern California. When we hit that roadblock I had the brilliant idea of doing a K1 which I didn't really want to do either and neither did my fiance. He was willing to wait so when he gets here he could work and all that....Instead of coming here and having to wait to work and fill out more papers. But after talking to him last night....I think we are going to go back to the original plan. This way it will be easier for both of us. The K1 is too much. I am going to get a new background check done, print out all my papers from school...My grades and transcripts and my STARS report which states when I started, how many classes I take, and when I graduate and just get them translated and get married. We both felt this was the best way to do it but when we hit the roadblock it didn't seem like we really had a choice.

Hay maybe them not receiving the app is a good thing this way you dont loose the $340 and you can file the CR-1 :thumbs:

I would call the school maybe they can send you a transcript. Would the co-sponsor work possibly showing them you will be married and have financial backing?? Just throwing ideas not sure how things work in morrocco :idea:

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Timeline

Hay maybe them not receiving the app is a good thing this way you dont loose the $340 and you can file the CR-1 :thumbs:

I would call the school maybe they can send you a transcript. Would the co-sponsor work possibly showing them you will be married and have financial backing?? Just throwing ideas not sure how things work in morrocco :ideas:

Hmm I don't know about a co-sponsor to prove financial backing in Morocco. It is very hard to get married in Morocco lol but it will be worth it. I am kind of hoping now it doesn't turn up and I can stop payment on my check. I just think getting married is the best way to go. Not because it is impossible to get a K1 but it makes life a lot easier than going through more paperwork as soon as he gets here and going to interviews and all that. It just makes more sense for us. Which we agreed on. I won't have the time with school to be filling out stacks of papers and we looked at it this way...by 12-18 months with the CR1 when he gets here he will be able to work and I will HOPEFULLY have a paying job by then. Neither one of us wanted to rush and start out with added stress when he got here...so that is why we figured the CR1 it takes some of that away.

I emailed my school today to see what they say. I know the STARS report is accepted here for other schools as an official document. I didn't send that the last time so we will see. =) I am going to ask him about the co sponsor thing though...

Hmm I don't know about a co-sponsor to prove financial backing in Morocco. It is very hard to get married in Morocco lol but it will be worth it. I am kind of hoping now it doesn't turn up and I can stop payment on my check. I just think getting married is the best way to go. Not because it is impossible to get a K1 but it makes life a lot easier than going through more paperwork as soon as he gets here and going to interviews and all that. It just makes more sense for us. Which we agreed on. I won't have the time with school to be filling out stacks of papers and we looked at it this way...by 12-18 months with the CR1 when he gets here he will be able to work and I will HOPEFULLY have a paying job by then. Neither one of us wanted to rush and start out with added stress when he got here...so that is why we figured the CR1 it takes some of that away.

I emailed my school today to see what they say. I know the STARS report is accepted here for other schools as an official document. I didn't send that the last time so we will see. =) I am going to ask him about the co sponsor thing though...

It doesnt hurt :idea:

Have you asked in the morrocco forum about marriage out there maybe they can suggest some ideas....

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

http://morocco.usembassy.gov/mobile//service/professional-services/marriage-information.html

Not sure if you have seen this or it helps...

Another option which i dont know if its possible Spain ?? Can you marry there?? Did you look into that ??

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Timeline

http://morocco.usembassy.gov/mobile//service/professional-services/marriage-information.html

Not sure if you have seen this or it helps...

Another option which i dont know if its possible Spain ?? Can you marry there?? Did you look into that ??

We will have to look into all options. I just hope that either the package is sent back to me lol I don't want to print out and copy all the papers again. =(

We will have to look into all options. I just hope that either the package is sent back to me lol I don't want to print out and copy all the papers again. =(

I dont think they send it back i read you posted they received??

If it is true K1 get denied which i dont know. I would go marry and refile as married withdraw k-1 if you get news on its wereabouts...

Spain is on the border of morrocco worst case

http://barcelona.usconsulate.gov/mobile/citizen-services/helpful/marriage.html

Destination wedding :D

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Timeline

I dont think they send it back i read you posted they received??

If it is true K1 get denied which i dont know. I would go marry and refile as married withdraw k-1 if you get news on its wereabouts...

Spain is on the border of morrocco worst case

http://barcelona.usconsulate.gov/mobile/citizen-services/helpful/marriage.html

Destination wedding :D

I am going to have to seriously sit down between now and June 25th and figure all this out and look at all of our options. It's better to be armed with a whole sack of ideas than just one.

haha as for it being received. It says it was delivered to the PO Box. well with the USPS that could be anyone's PO Box lol It may be sitting in someone else's box =( Withdrawing the application won't be so simple if I don't get an NOA1. I need the receipt number off it. The guy who I spoke with said if I stop payment on my check (which after 30 days and no answer who wouldn't stop payment?) they can charge me if it arrives there after. =\

I am going to have to seriously sit down between now and June 25th and figure all this out and look at all of our options. It's better to be armed with a whole sack of ideas than just one.

haha as for it being received. It says it was delivered to the PO Box. well with the USPS that could be anyone's PO Box lol It may be sitting in someone else's box =( Withdrawing the application won't be so simple if I don't get an NOA1. I need the receipt number off it. The guy who I spoke with said if I stop payment on my check (which after 30 days and no answer who wouldn't stop payment?) they can charge me if it arrives there after. =\

Did you double check the address you sent the envelope to? I copied mine even a number off in the zip code can send it elsewhere. I would check it out i sent mine usps to the lewisville drop box express $22 but i got piece of mind arrived next day and i have a name who signed.

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.