slee0000

EAD card in production - how long til it comes in the mail?

56 posts in this topic

Hi friends,

I just randomly checked my USCIS status on the EAD today, and was pleasantly surprised when it said that as of May 10th, 2016 (last Tuesday), they ordered the EAD card and will be mailed to my address.

Approximately how long do you think it'll take for it to be in my hands?

Edited by slee0000

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi friends,

I just randomly checked my USCIS status on the EAD today, and was pleasantly surprised when it said that as of May 10th, 2016 (last Tuesday), they ordered the EAD card and will be mailed to my address.

Approximately how long do you think it'll take for it to be in my hands?

So happy for you! Congrats!

Do you mind sharing if you're on K1 visa and when did you apply for EAD? I am still waiting for mine... :(

So happy for you! Congrats!

Do you mind sharing if you're on K1 visa and when did you apply for EAD? I am still waiting for mine... :(

Hi!

I was an F1 student and I married my USC husband this past February.

I sent in my AOS package and I-765 March 1, 2016.

As of April 18th, they're ready to schedule my I-485 interview, and on May 10th, my EAD card was produced. Hopefully I get it by this week! I'm getting antsy haha

Did you get the card in the mail?

Ugh no, not yet. So frustrating. I checked the mail on Friday, havent checked it since. IlL let you know tomorrow if I finally got it or not

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ugh no, not yet. So frustrating. I checked the mail on Friday, havent checked it since. IlL let you know tomorrow if I finally got it or not

My EAD Status changed to "New Card is being Produced on May 3rd 2016"

As of today I have nothing in the mail for the EAD. I did receive an I-171 that was for my Travel Authorization literally 3 days after the status was updated on May 3rd.

So tomorrow will be 3 weeks since the status change and next tuesday will be 30 days which is the time frame everyone keeps saying when I call.

I need to get this EAD as I have Job offer as of May 1st and I don't want them to pull it because they think its never going to happen.

Ugh, im totally there with your frustration. I did read in another website that someone got a status update of their ead card getting ordered on may 11th, and they still havent received anything. They called uscis and was told that they were having a little delay and they should be getting it within 2 weeks.. so I guess wait another week before you call? Im getting pretty antsy right now as well. Its so frustrating when I read people getting their ead in the mail literally less than 5 days after their case status updates.

Timeline

Ugh, im totally there with your frustration. I did read in another website that someone got a status update of their ead card getting ordered on may 11th, and they still havent received anything. They called uscis and was told that they were having a little delay and they should be getting it within 2 weeks.. so I guess wait another week before you call? Im getting pretty antsy right now as well. Its so frustrating when I read people getting their ead in the mail literally less than 5 days after their case status updates.

Thats basically what has happened to me....

I got a status update on my EAD on May 11th thru the website sending me a Text message saying the status changed to New Card being produced... When I went into the site it actually says that the the status changed on May 3rd.

In the mail I got a I-171 with regards to my Travel Documents (I-131) saying that it was approved on May 3rd and that I would get further info in the mail soon.

But zero info on the EAD which is what bothers me. I am sitting on this Job offer and told them it was approved and just was waiting for the papers to show up in the mail. They said they can't do anything till I have the actual papers in hand, as the E-verify site doesn't work yet on my SSN for some reason.

I really hope that this delay doesn't cost me a good paying job....

Thats basically what has happened to me....

I got a status update on my EAD on May 11th thru the website sending me a Text message saying the status changed to New Card being produced... When I went into the site it actually says that the the status changed on May 3rd.

In the mail I got a I-171 with regards to my Travel Documents (I-131) saying that it was approved on May 3rd and that I would get further info in the mail soon.

But zero info on the EAD which is what bothers me. I am sitting on this Job offer and told them it was approved and just was waiting for the papers to show up in the mail. They said they can't do anything till I have the actual papers in hand, as the E-verify site doesn't work yet on my SSN for some reason.

I really hope that this delay doesn't cost me a good paying job....

That really sucks..

I don't know if I should even start applying for jobs without the EAD on my hands

I really really hope we get out cards by the end of this week, because I really cannot afford to wait any longer.

There are so many job openings I want to apply for that I don't want to miss because of this delay

Timeline

That really sucks..

I don't know if I should even start applying for jobs without the EAD on my hands

I really really hope we get out cards by the end of this week, because I really cannot afford to wait any longer.

There are so many job openings I want to apply for that I don't want to miss because of this delay

Whats even more of an issue for me is I eligible to get Employment Insurance coverage from Canada as part of my Visa. It starts the date of my EAD approval, but I need the EAD to have that start also.... But because I have a job offer I probably won't get anything for it even though it was approved on May 3rd and I would start a new job in June possibly.

I hate this waiting game... Wish you could print out something temporary till the card shows up.

Whats even more of an issue for me is I eligible to get Employment Insurance coverage from Canada as part of my Visa. It starts the date of my EAD approval, but I need the EAD to have that start also.... But because I have a job offer I probably won't get anything for it even though it was approved on May 3rd and I would start a new job in June possibly.

I hate this waiting game... Wish you could print out something temporary till the card shows up.

A temporary document would be ideal... They do that for drivers licenses in certain states

What job did you apply for? I want to start applying but would I be misinforming the company saying that I do have permission to work in the US even though I don't have the physical card on me?

Timeline

A temporary document would be ideal... They do that for drivers licenses in certain states

What job did you apply for? I want to start applying but would I be misinforming the company saying that I do have permission to work in the US even though I don't have the physical card on me?

It's a private company out of San Fran that actually came to me and wanted me to start before June. It's a VP of Business Development, very good job and I just hope they don't walk away thinking it's going to take much longer.

When we started talking I told them I should have everything completed by end of May which worked for them.

If I was you I would start applying and talking to people right away. During the process you can be honest with them about where you are and that you should have it very soon. If they are that interested they will make the offer and give you the time. Just as this company did for me, I just don't want it to drag on much longer...

Best of luck!

It's a private company out of San Fran that actually came to me and wanted me to start before June. It's a VP of Business Development, very good job and I just hope they don't walk away thinking it's going to take much longer.

When we started talking I told them I should have everything completed by end of May which worked for them.

If I was you I would start applying and talking to people right away. During the process you can be honest with them about where you are and that you should have it very soon. If they are that interested they will make the offer and give you the time. Just as this company did for me, I just don't want it to drag on much longer...

Best of luck!

That's so awesome, I really do hope that you get it soon.

I also got a job offer at one of the hotels I used to work for back when I was an F-1 student and doing OPT, and my friend is assistant director of housekeeping at a 5 star luxury hotel in DC sending me supervisor/managerial positions to apply for.. I guess I might as well start since it says I DID get approved for the EAD..it's just taking its sweet ### time that's the problem.

Let me know when you end up getting yours! Best of luck to you too :)

• 2 weeks later...

Did any of you received the card already?

I am in a similar situation. I was a F-1 holder before marrying my husband. I work in the same company for about 2.5 years (started as intern, then used my CPT, OPT pre-completion and finally OPT post - completion). I filled my AOS on April 4th, so theoretically my EAD should be approved any time this next couple of weeks. My OPT expired mid May, and I can't wait to have my EAD in hands so I can start working again. I am applying to jobs right now and I am actually very close to getting a job offer for a great paying job (read: I am in the last phase of a long 1 month interviewing process). I read somewhere that sometimes you can use a job offer to expedite the EAD process, did you try making an info-pass appointment and bringing in your job offer? Or did your card arrived already?

This whole process is so exhausting and frustrating.

Good luck to us!

AOS filled: April 4th, 2016

Received in Chicago: April 5th, 2016 (Day 1).

NOA: April 9th, 2016

NOA for Biometrics schedule: April 20th. 2016

RFE: May 9th, 206 - (Left Page 3, Part 4 of I-864 blank)

Biometrics: May 12th, 2016 (Day 37)

Service Request for EAD: June 24th, 2016 (Day 80)

EAD Approved: July 2nd, 2016 (Day 88)

Advance Parole Approved: July 2nd, 2016 (Day 88)

EAD + AP Combo Card Delivered: July 9th, 2016 (Day 95)

Interview: January 10th, 2017

Green Card Approved: January 10th, 2017

Green Card Received: January 17th, 2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.