50 posts in this topic

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Yes

Your age when the visa number becomes current is what counts.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

@Boiler. But before my pd is already current in aug 2015 . Does they count my age according to first pd current or according to upcoming current date?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Boiler is wrong.

Retrogression does not affect your CSPA age because you "sought to acquire" a visa by filing the DS-260 before retrogression on June 1, 2016. Your CSPA age is locked in as when your PD first became current.

Retrogression does not start until June 1. If you can get a visa before then, you are fine. If you do not get a visa by June 1, you must wait until your PD becomes current again in order for a visa to become available to you. Your CSPA age will not change because of retrogression.

Timeline

pls help me arron2020 my interview has scheduled on 24 may 2016 does retrogression effect on my interview

If you are affected by retrogression, a visa can only be issue to you before June 1. After June 1, you will have to wait until your PD becomes current so a visa can be issued to you. Your CSPA age is locked in and will not change since you have already filed the DS-260.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

@aaron2020

So whatever my age when pd current again. It does'nt effect on my case? Because of ds 260 completed before retrogression. . Is that true. aaron?

Timeline

@aaron2020

So whatever my age when pd current again. It does'nt effect on my case? Because of ds 260 completed before retrogression. . Is that true. aaron?

Your CSPA age is locked in to when your PD first became current because you filed the DS-260.

Yes, it's true. Google "sought to acquire retrogression CSPA."

Timeline

@aaron2020

My PD became current in Dec 2015. My case is completed on 3rd may 2016. I am under CSPA and was on border (CSPA age 20years 8 months). Will i age out on 1st dec 2016?

If your CSPA age calculation is correct, then your CSPA age is frozen as long as you submit the DS-260 before retrogression.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: Timeline

@aaron2020

I have submitted all my documents, paid my fees for DS260 and after one month they have said that the case is complete too! the case got completed on 3rd may 2016 last week. Is there any chance that we will have visa interview now or will have to wait for the priority date to be current again?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.