gracey grace

case file transfer

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone! Im a newbie here. Could someone give their opinion about my case file transfer to Philippines? We only have 30days left here in Germany since my husband is getting his medical retirement. And he emailed the frankfurt embassy stating the transfer of my case file from Germany to Philippines. How long would it take for them to transfer it to Philippines? And since i still have my required documents (from packet 3 requirements CR1), can i mail it from here and send it to the US embassy in the Philippines? Or should mail it til i get back home? Thanks for those who will reply.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone! Im a newbie here. Could someone give their opinion about my case file transfer to Philippines? We only have 30days left here in Germany since my husband is getting his medical retirement. And he emailed the frankfurt embassy stating the transfer of my case file from Germany to Philippines. How long would it take for them to transfer it to Philippines? And since i still have my required documents (from packet 3 requirements CR1), can i mail it from here and send it to the US embassy in the Philippines? Or should mail it til i get back home? Thanks for those who will reply.

You have to make the transfer request through NVC OR USEM in the Philippines. Do you have your case complete from NVC?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

We haven't submitted the required documents yet for the packet 3 that we received. But i had my medical examination done here in Germany last June 2015 at Frankfurt. My husband just emailed this frankfurtvisainquiries@state.gov about transferring my case file thats it. I do not know if this is the right way.

Timeline

We haven't submitted the required documents yet for the packet 3 that we received. But i had my medical examination done here in Germany last June 2015 at Frankfurt. My husband just emailed this frankfurtvisainquiries@state.gov about transferring my case file thats it. I do not know if this is the right way.

If you are still processing through NVC contact them about the change of embassy, at this point they control where the file is sent.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Since my husband is leaving for US in a couple of days for 3 days only, would it be okay if he would just send the documents to the NVC there, not the NVC here in Germany? And then emailed the request letter to the Embassy in Manila?

You are completing a DCF (Direct Consulate Filing) in Germany?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

The packet 3 came from the General Consulate of US here in Frankfurt, Germany, so instead of waiting for me to go back home, we will send the requirements to them.And then we will just inform them about the change of address and transfer of case file. Would that be okay if we do that?

Timeline

The packet 3 came from the General Consulate of US here in Frankfurt, Germany, so instead of waiting for me to go back home, we will send the requirements to them.And then we will just inform them about the change of address and transfer of case file. Would that be okay if we do that?

Quick call to the embassy would answer that I would think.

If you filed the I-130 petition through USCIS in the USA I don't see any issue.

I suggest you should contact the embassy in the Philippines about the transfer

Contacting the Embassy (Manila)

Manila Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502.

The center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays.

Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours.

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative Monday Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm., please add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-philippines.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Okay, thanks so much! But how about my medical that was done here in Germany? Would i undergo another medical examination once i go back to Philippines?

Not sure how that will work, I am thinking you will have to complete a medical at SLEC in the Philippines as it is a listed requirement in the embassy instructions letter.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Okay, thanks so much for all the informations. I hope you would not mind if i ask another question in the next couple of days :)

No problem, if I can help I will

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hi again! My husband emailed the US consul here in Germany saying we will transfer my case file to Manila Embassy. They replied friday and said that they received the noticed and now they will forward the email/inquiry about the processing. So now, where can i send all the documents that was listed in the letter(packet 3)? Should we send it to Manila Embassy now? Really, i am a bit confuse especially the codes that they use.

Timeline

Hi again! My husband emailed the US consul here in Germany saying we will transfer my case file to Manila Embassy. They replied friday and said that they received the noticed and now they will forward the email/inquiry about the processing. So now, where can i send all the documents that was listed in the letter(packet 3)? Should we send it to Manila Embassy now? Really, i am a bit confuse especially the codes that they use.

Embassy in Germany is forwarding your request for transfer to USEM in Manila, make sure to stay on top of this and make contact with USEM.

Packet 3 for Germany doesn't apply in the Phils.

Everything is online with USEM. Here is a link to the embassy instructions letter for what is required for USEM.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/Instructions%20Packets/iv-interview-preparation-instructions-english-feb-2016.pdf

http://manila.usembassy.gov/iv_documents.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

They asked for the contact address of USEM and emailed it to them. Said they will transfer the case file immediately for further processing once they have the contact address and USEM will let us know the next step. So, we will just wait for the email of USEM and continue our processing when i get back home. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.