Cheyenne5044

i864 barcode/no barcode

2 posts in this topic

Hey everyone

A month or so ago I printed the i864 and it didn't have a barcode, but it was the updated form at the time (I downloaded it from the USCIS website).

The other day I printed another copy (from the website) so I could make my final draft. I realized there was a barcode on this one. How strange I thought.

Anyway I made a mistake on a page so I went to the same USCIS website and printed out just the page I needed... NO BARCODE.

I didn't fill in the form typed.. I rather have it hand-writte. I read that if you start to type in your information the barcode will shift shape and therefore represent your information in a scannable manner. So if I had write it... what good does a barcode do?

What is this about? How can I find a bar-code version of the page I need!?

02/23/2016: I-130 Submission DCF Lima, Peru

03/16/2016: NOA2 APPROVAL

06/28/2016: Interview at Embassy: APPROVED!!!

August 2016: Will enter the USA!

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.